Excluding Sorensen as he wasn't a regular, only McLean remains of that god awful midfield. It's a relief tbh.

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

5 in 33 games and only 1 in the last 21? 🤨

“Looked like” didn’t say he was, just felt he was always going to get booked

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

The reaction to PLM leaving just after Zimmerman's sums up the distance that has opened up between the club, the players and the fans. There's still real warmth for what is left of the 18/19 side; no affection whatsoever for last year's lot. 

Completely agree with this sentiment although unlike @Petriix I wouldn't say PLM was anywhere near the worst of last year's signings.

But you are spot on about the huge changes - not just the end of an era, more like a completely different club.

In his good games, he seemed to unfortunately seem knackered by 65 mins. We would then keep him on and what was a good performance became an average one.

I thought he would be able to offer quite a bit this season but I suspect he wasn't going to be guaranteed games ahead of Hayden and Sara and probably wasn't willing to be a championship sub.

Not a bad player, the Premier League was just too fast for him. He often wanted a few seconds or one touch too many. He may well have thrived in the championship but he will probably be drawn to a top division with a slower pace.

I actually think he would have done well in the champ this year but whoever scouted him wants sacking. The moment you saw the photos of him and his frame it was abundantly clear he was not the sort of physicality we needed. 

Lees-Melwho? He came, he went, whilst being distinctly unable to create a ripple in the long and distinguished history of NCFC.

Not a bad player at all, actually, but far from up to the task that he was brought in to help accomplish. Survival.

Good luck PL-M you'll probably continue to do well in your homeland, but you were ultimately on earnings too hot to handle for this little Norfolk club who now need to seek value for money as much as ever before.

I won't forget that left-sided charge on goal against Newcastle.** I won't forget the pathetic shot on goal that finished it, though.

Sums him up really, lots of promise, rather less impact.

** It was against Newcastle, wasn't it? I seem to have forgotten after all.

Edited by BroadstairsR

It's official, he's gone. 

Showed glimpses of quality but nowhere near consistent enough for the Premier League. Could've been useful in the Championship but I can see why the club want to go in a different direction.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Gibbs by all accounts has been looking quite the part.  Man Utd were looking at him before we nipped in. Let's hope he can be a star in the future for us

Definitely think they're looking hard at Gibbs. Also got a sneaking feeling Cantwell's getting readied for a free role in front of the midfield but behind the attack.

From the descriptions before we sign him I thought we were getting the next Bradley Johnson so I was quite excited. Sadly he turned out to be more of a Vrancic in his first season type player and couldn't string any kind of form together. I actually understood this signing unlike the likes of Gilmour or Normann (for the role we asked him to play) he was meant to be a hard working player with a lot of experience in a league that's quite physical like ours but it didn't work out and was a big part of the most power puff and lightweight midfield in the division last year so i'm not sorry to see him go. Somehow still one of the better signings of last summer but that says more about our recruitment 

22 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Definitely think they're looking hard at Gibbs. Also got a sneaking feeling Cantwell's getting readied for a free role in front of the midfield but behind the attack.

I’m agree and really hoping he will thrive there (and get a contract signed!)

Thank fu(k for this. At least the tvvat who sits behind me can't keep trotting out the desperate attempt to make his mate laugh by repeatedly calling him 'Les Mellor' every five f(cking minutes.

The sooner terraces come back, the better.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
So I could make it clear TMBM is a tvvat

On 21/07/2022 at 14:13, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Still wouldn't be surprised to see Rachica or sargent leave to be honest. 

I'll drive Sargent to the airport.

On 21/07/2022 at 15:04, TheBaldOne66 said:

So many people on here thought he was the dogs danglies after his goal in pre season last Summer, pretty much how people are creaming their pants over signing Sara just cos he’s a Brazilian so let’s all hope it is better than PLM was!

The hope I guess is that Sara and Hayden are the type of players we actually need. There was no real cohesive plan for how our midfield would set up previously. Hayden a ball winner, Sara a bob-to-box, should work better that whatever the hell PLM was supposed to be