Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Birmingham Cup Tickets

Does anybody know when these tickets will be on sale? (match due to be played 10th August.)

I have checked the official website and it appears that the first three home games are on sale, but it says nothing about this Cup match.

3 hours ago, The Great Drinkell said:

Does anybody know when these tickets will be on sale? (match due to be played 10th August.)

I have checked the official website and it appears that the first three home games are on sale, but it says nothing about this Cup match.

Usually these early league cup games go straight to general sale without needing to offer ST holders their seats first, and I'm sure that'll be the case here due to the relatively unglamorous opposition. Pretty sure they'll be on sale soon, and I wouldn't bet against £10 tickets for adults and kids for a quid (or maybe a fiver). No inside knowledge here I hasten to add, just using previous seasons as a template.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Usually these early league cup games go straight to general sale without needing to offer ST holders their seats first, and I'm sure that'll be the case here due to the relatively unglamorous opposition. Pretty sure they'll be on sale soon, and I wouldn't bet against £10 tickets for adults and kids for a quid (or maybe a fiver). No inside knowledge here I hasten to add, just using previous seasons as a template.

Of coursed STH's will be offered their seats first but with a short window. Whatever made you say they will go straight to general sale wolfie ?

If the club close the Upper Barclay and Regency those season ticket holders in those areas will given given first dibs elsewhere in the ground not taken by other season ticket holders before general sale comes into play.

Edited by TIL 1010

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Of coursed STH's will be offered their seats first but with a short window. Whatever made you say they will go straight to general sale wolfie ?

If the club close the Upper Barclay and regency those season ticket holders in those areas will given given first dibs elsewhere in the ground not taken by other season ticket holders before general sale comes into play.

I stand corrected, Tilly... blame the heat 😉

Seeing as the ground is never sold out for those games, I didn't even realise they had a separate window for ST holders!

Whenever there's an early League Cup game in August, I tend to go with friends and family that I don't usually sit with... I guess because there's never a problem with getting tickets on general sale, I'd never even noticed the ST window!

• Like 1

Appear to be on sale now £12.00 for adults. 

As a note im upper N&P and it appears I can reserve my usual seat, which is unusual for these early cup matches. 

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Appear to be on sale now £12.00 for adults. 

As a note im upper N&P and it appears I can reserve my usual seat, which is unusual for these early cup matches. 

I am looking currently at the club website Greavsy and cannot see anything at all about tickets for this game.

I cannot either - but I have them in my basket! Very strange. 

Edited by Greavsy

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I cannot either - but I have them in my basket! Very strange. 

How weird as i have nothing in my basket.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How weird as i have nothing in my basket.

I logged on to look up something else and noticed I had £73.00 in my basket. 

When I checked it was 6 x12 tickets (one for each Friend and Family) plus a £1.00 web fee

Cannot see it now - otherwise id take a screen shot. 

Another case of the web-site being updated in the live environment again. That dept needs a really big kick up the ****!

The club have released some interesting details about the Birmingham cup match:

"Fans will also be given the opportunity to purchase tickets in a designated singing section. Please note that fans in this area will be standing."

Does this mean that rail seats have been installed over the summer?  Or are there new light-touch ground regs that allow standing in seated areas?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:
  1. Basket is empty now - bit like my cupboards! 

First you see it then you don't - par for the course.

7 hours ago, essex canary said:

A bit like the odd glimpse of Humanity that you occasionally display, robot bean counter man.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

Have you been looking in my cupboards? 

You have no authority here, Ethics....... 

10 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

A bit like the odd glimpse of Humanity that you occasionally display, robot bean counter man.

A magazine quote:

'A would be poet who says he struggles to do more than 3 hours of focused work per day, last week became one of the recipients of the highest honour in mathematics, the Fields medal. Maths is traditionally seen as a 'hard' subject, requiring sustained concentration and regular practice.'

Maybe the Club could apply some of this hard logic in designing systems for Birmingham match cup tickets? Perhaps if we applied it to corner kicks we may survive at least an odd season in the Premier League?

Numbers make the world go round with or without a pound sign.

19 minutes ago, essex canary said:

A magazine quote:

'A would be poet who says he struggles to do more than 3 hours of focused work per day, last week became one of the recipients of the highest honour in mathematics, the Fields medal. Maths is traditionally seen as a 'hard' subject, requiring sustained concentration and regular practice.'

Maybe the Club could apply some of this hard logic in designing systems for Birmingham match cup tickets? Perhaps if we applied it to corner kicks we may survive at least an odd season in the Premier League?

Numbers make the world go round with or without a pound sign.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a clue what the relevance of this is? 

It ALMOST makes you want to read a thread from @cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a clue what the relevance of this is? 

It ALMOST makes you want to read a thread from @cambridgeshire canary

The ONLY  relevance ANY  of Ethics posts have is to Ethics ALONE. The last word of my sentence also has great relevance to Ethics. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

The ONLY  relevance ANY  of Ethics posts have is to Ethics ALONE. The last word of my sentence also has great relevance to Ethics. 

Alone Wolf!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Alone Wolf!  

Anyone who describes themselves as a lone Wolf in my experience, is making you for the fact they have few, if any, friends.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Alone Wolf!  

Meanwhile on the 'American Investment' thread, Indy and Purple debate the insularity of the owners.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Meanwhile on the 'American Investment' thread, Indy and Purple debate the insularity of the owners.

Ahh the old deflection tactics..... ☺ 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Ahh the old deflection tactics..... ☺ 

I am flattered that you consider my alleged insularity to be more important.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I am flattered that you consider my alleged insularity to be more important.

I consider nothing of yours of any importance. 

Edited by Greavsy

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Spend less time on it then

God you're tediously annoying.

Edited by Greavsy