Sign in to follow this  

Should be around for Celtic. Another one who needs a chance to show what he can do

35 minutes ago, AJ said:

Should be around for Celtic. Another one who needs a chance to show what he can do

Two games in two days. I'd expect to see two 11's, he may well be in the 2nd fixture rather than the first. 

Smith has said he'll be using the games to get as many minutes into legs across the squad as possible.

11 minutes ago, chicken said:

Two games in two days. I'd expect to see two 11's, he may well be in the 2nd fixture rather than the first. 

Smith has said he'll be using the games to get as many minutes into legs across the squad as possible.

I suspect you're right Chicken. I like Dowell, I think he shew enough in our last promotion season towards the end that he can be very effective at this level

16 minutes ago, AJ said:

I suspect you're right Chicken. I like Dowell, I think he shew enough in our last promotion season towards the end that he can be very effective at this level

Indeed he did! The free kick he scored getting the ball over the wall from the edge of the area with incredible velocity and dip was quite remarkable and probably the best I've ever seen (technically) (was it against Derby?). He doesn't seem to have the speed or athleticism to play out wide, but as a number 10 his exceptional deftness with first touch flicks could prove essential to unleashing Pukki on another march to the golden boot.

I think this is the one I was thinking of: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12270311/derby-county-0-1-norwich-city-kieran-dowell-free-kick-takes-canaries-to-cusp-of-promotion

Edited by horsefly