cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich V Cambridge roasting hot match thread*

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Was just thinking something similar, I bet I could do as good a job as that chump. I'd certainly pronounce the players' names right, at least!

I can't even get posters names right Fred! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

WEBBER OUT DELIA OUT SMITH OUT CAPTAINN CANARY OUT

Leave the Captain out of this. He's done nothing wrong #justiceforcaptaincanary

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Was just thinking something similar, I bet I could do as good a job as that chump. I'd certainly pronounce the players' names right, at least!

Can easily use Vocaroo for voice samples.

https://voca.ro/16DTVLaulMMp

Just now, Spillay said:

Sounds like Gibbs made the difference in the middle 2nd half, just hope it was an off day for Lungi

Gibbs did look very assured. I wouldn't single out Lungi too much, though; PLM looked very poor in the first half too. We just kept hitting long diagonals to Rowe and Onel, they were never given much of an opportunity to play themselves into the game (and admittedly Lungi lost possession cheaply a couple of times when he did get it).

A good workout. Pleased for Hugill.

I guess we will have to wait until one of the weekend games to get an idea of what Smith's preferred starting XI will be.

Just now, Greavsy said:

I can't even get posters names right Fred! 

Given your avatar, you’d need Sainty alongside you! Great double act

It’s weird but with Rashica and Sargent with Cantwell in the team it really suits Hugill! Coming from me I can see that getting a few goals this year.

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can easily use Vocaroo for voice samples.

https://voca.ro/16DTVLaulMMp

This could be a laugh... if we can find a suitable piece of NCFC video footage to commentate on. We could even have a vote on whose is best, and then submit them to the club and ask if we can take the mic for an U23s game or something...

• Like 1

Hope Hugill has played his way into contention. He puts himself about and is a clear alternative for late in games.

My concern is we give Idah & Sargent lots of game time and it just doesn't happen. At least with crosses into the box Hugill is showing the others, he at least, knows where the back of the net is  

Just now, Indy said:

It’s weird but Rashica and Sargent with Cantwell really suits Hugill! Coming from me I can see that getting a few goals this year.

Not really. Both Rashica and Cantwell can cross. Chuck in the fact that Hugill and Sargent are both very capable of being absolute nuisances and will happily go after anything launched, they just need a supply line that has the ability to cross them in.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Given your avatar, you’d need Sainty alongside you! Great double act

It's a funny old game...... 

• Like 1

The bigger question I'm starting to ponder is is there space for Pukki and Hugill in the same starting XI? 🤔

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

The bigger question I'm starting to ponder is is there space for Pukki and Hugill in the same starting XI? 🤔

Id play pukki as a defensive midfielder or maybe centre back 

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

I don’t think so, Idah needs to step it up as Sargent is certainly looking sharp and works well with Hugill.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

A good workout. Pleased for Hugill.

I guess we will have to wait until one of the weekend games to get an idea of what Smith's preferred starting XI will be.

You'd be amazed if Hugill started ahead of Pukki, but Teemu looks a bit lethargic to me. It's a shame for Idah too, but he is coming back from a serious injury. Having 4 decent strikers is a hell of an advantage in this league.

With the games coming thick and fast I think Deano will rotate the squad a lot more than what we were used to under Farke. No need to flog a dead horse if it isn't working.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

I really can't see us going with 2 up top but Hugill must be ahead of Pukki at this exact moment in time.

not a chance

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

You'd be amazed if Hugill started ahead of Pukki, but Teemu looks a bit lethargic to me. It's a shame for Idah too, but he is coming back from a serious injury. Having 4 decent strikers is a hell of an advantage in this league.

With the games coming thick and fast I think Deano will rotate the squad a lot more than what we were used to under Farke. No need to flog a dead horse if it isn't working.

Indeed. Having five subs could also be a big advantage to squads that have strength in depth.

7 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

The good news is that it's likely to be below 20°C in Scotland at the weekend. 

Packing the car now!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, AJ said:

If hayden and sara are capable of covering the ground, then yes in a 442

• Like 1

One player who hasn’t been mentioned much, but I feel has had a good pre-season, is McCallum. He has great pace and seemed to link up well with Rashica tonight. 

Post match from DS

Gibson and Byram out with strains, probably won't go to Scotland

Tzolis in line for a loan as we don't think he's finished here yet

Sara hopefully training from Monday but probably Cardiff comes too soon (Got Birmingham Cup game 65' substitute for McLean written all over it to me)

Zimmermann has a decision to make (journos think its a matter of when)

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Exactly this - Baton down the hatches old boy, I’m in knebworth and there’s a storm a brewin 

Ha I’m now in Hitchin. The rain was disappointingly short

47 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It would send a hell of a message to the squad if Hugill did start. Shows that it is a meritocracy. Make a number of fringe players hungry and a number of players nervous about their places. 

34 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Ha I’m now in Hitchin. The rain was disappointingly short

I will be frequenting the half moon beer festival in a few weeks time to quench my thirst from this ghastly weather 

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I will be frequenting the half moon beer festival in a few weeks time to quench my thirst from this ghastly weather 

Half moon is one I frequent. Bricklayers down the road is my local. 

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Half moon is one I frequent. Bricklayers down the road is my local. 

Don’t mind the bricklayers certainly better since redevelopment 

also like bb bar, the George near Footie ground and Radcliffe arms 

Talking of George, my good friend Chris runs Chicken George which is a great restaurant/takeaway 

you been to see the canaries much? (Hitchin Ones) 

Edited by Yobocop