cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich V Cambridge roasting hot match thread*

1 minute ago, lincsy88 said:

Tzolis a loan or permanent do we know? Still feel he hasn't been given enough chance to shine and was unfairly cast aside after that penalty miss against Liverpool last season. Theres a player in there for me and think its a shame if we sell him. 

I know what you mean. But he's been assessed by two different managers and both deemed him not good enough. If we can recoup the fee we paid, it's best for both parties that he moves on.

Just now, Jimthechip said:

Why does the commentator keep calling Sergeant Sheppard? Weird....

Sheppard and Sinai. I'm guessing he can't read his own handwriting.

• Haha 1

Hugoal's at it again!

Fair play to him, he's clearly decided that he wants to fight for a spot.

EDIT: More remarkable, neither were headers.

Edited by TheGunnShow

McCallum, Cantwell, Rashica, Sinani and McLean on.

Giannoulis, Aarons, Rowe, Lees-Melou and Hernandez off.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Who the **** is Sinai?? And did he actually call Sargent Shepherd??? 

Danel Sinani I would assume. 

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Danel Sinani I would assume. 

Yeah, I did actually work it out, more taking the **** out of this idiot commentator 😉

Edited by Ken Hairy

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I know what you mean. But he's been assessed by two different managers and both deemed him not good enough. If we can recoup the fee we paid, it's best for both parties that he moves on.

Yer I get that, it is probably best for all involved, just a shame he came with the potential he had and we haven't seen any of it. Rashica, Sinani, Sargent, Rowe, Springett, Hernandez all ahead of him so makes sense to get some money in and strengthen other areas. 

• Like 1

Is it the same commentator as King's Lynn? That bloke sounded like he'd won a competition to have a go at it. 

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

This commentators pronunciation of Omobamidele is hilarious, particularly enjoyed the time he just gave up half way through trying to say it 😁

His different attempts at Sinani are amazing

• Like 1

Omdabaileley, Shepherd, Ratishka, Gianna, Sinai, McGowern, good 5 a side team that.

Special mention to Jon Rowe and PLM, who the commentator was astounded at how much ground they were covering (as he would randomly assign players those names)

(Forgot to add two of my new favourite commentary clichés, 'Ramming their opponents ragged' and 'edge of your pants defending')

Edited by Mason 47
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Tzolis a loan or permanent do we know? Still feel he hasn't been given enough chance to shine and was unfairly cast aside after that penalty miss against Liverpool last season. Theres a player in there for me and think its a shame if we sell him. 

If it is a sale it should at least ensure Rashica is kept.

• Like 1

I really do fancy having a go as a commentator. Maybe it's worth a new thread in its own right? Put up a piece of footage and get everyone to put their commentary on Vocaroo for a laugh.

• Like 2

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

I really do fancy having a go as a commentator. Maybe it's worth a new thread in its own right? Put up a piece of footage and get everyone to put their commentary on Vocaroo for a laugh.

I remember when I was a kid at one of the open days they had a booth and you could have a go with Roy Waller, that was great fun

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Omdabaileley, Shepherd, Ratishka, Gianna, Sinai, McGowern, good 5 a side team that.

They'd win everything - there's six of them! 😉

• Haha 2

Just now, Badger said:

They'd win everything - there's six of them! 😉

Never plays 5s without a sub 😇

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah it's only a friendly, yeah it's really hot, yeah it's all about getting minutes in your legs, but this is garbage. Surely we'd be better off in these conditions trying to keep the ball in midfield rather than bypassing it completely with endless long diagonals? Back to one up top in the second half please, let's actually try to play through them and create some chances.

Well that worked a lot better when we played the ball through midfield, didn't it? 

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Was just thinking something similar, I bet I could do as good a job as that chump. I'd certainly pronounce the players' names right, at least!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well that worked a lot better when we played the ball through midfield, didn't it? 

Sounds like Gibbs made the difference in the middle 2nd half, just hope it was an off day for Lungi