cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich V Cambridge roasting hot match thread*

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Agreed. Though poor games are amplified after last season. I fear Smith has got a lot to do to win round the Norwich faithful and not a lot of time to do so. 

I also worry about keeping the majority of players we got relegated with and how mentally fragile they’ve been. I know we had no choice Owing to finances but we really do need to hit the Championship running 

It’s the first half of a preseason friendly. Last game we beat Marseille 3-0. We can’t put that victory down as ‘just a run out’ and then read too much into this game a few days later.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

WEBBER OUT DELIA OUT SMITH OUT CAPTAINN CANARY OUT

Is it hot at the game ?

5 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

It’s the first half of a preseason friendly. Last game we beat Marseille 3-0. We can’t put that victory down as ‘just a run out’ and then read too much into this game a few days later.

The only thing I'd add to that is that Marselile didn't run much and were leaving massive spaces out wide that would not normally be there in a competitive game. Cambridge are actually getting close to us and running in the friendly and we look so poorly physically matched 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Yeah it's only a friendly, yeah it's really hot, yeah it's all about getting minutes in your legs, but this is garbage. Surely we'd be better off in these conditions trying to keep the ball in midfield rather than bypassing it completely with endless long diagonals? Back to one up top in the second half please, let's actually try to play through them and create some chances.

• Like 1

Gibbs already looks far more assured in DM position. Maybe we will see more of him than Lungi.

Edited by Jimthechip
  • Like 1

We havent got to grips with this game at all. I can only imagine we trained fairly soon before this (Smith has said he likes to stress players in pre-season)

Good kit though 

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not as hot as it is in CC’s lair as he furiously hammers away…….🥵

I assume you mean match updates…

Anyone wondering why McGovern's still around is getting a rich tasting of why, to have a keeper like that as third choice.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Exactly this - Baton down the hatches old boy, I’m in knebworth and there’s a storm a brewin 

Just now, ron obvious said:

Tzolis deal being finalised, according to Southwell.

Yep, I'd seen that as well. Looks like both Tzolis and Zimmermann are on their merry ways.

Tzolis a loan or permanent do we know? Still feel he hasn't been given enough chance to shine and was unfairly cast aside after that penalty miss against Liverpool last season. Theres a player in there for me and think its a shame if we sell him. 

• Like 1

This commentators pronunciation of Omobamidele is hilarious, particularly enjoyed the time he just gave up half way through trying to say it 😁

Hugill has moved himself up the pecking order that's for sure. Seems to have drive and focus that's lacking in a few others.

Pleased for Hugill. Never rated him but who knows? Strikers are strange beasts; sometimes they just catch fire (😁 let's hope not literally!) & can't stop scoring.