cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich V Cambridge roasting hot match thread*

Hows the game so far CC ?  Just reading the Pink Un live commentary, seems like their all over us so far

• Like 1

I’ve been watching. You’d think we were the lower league team!

I’ll reserve judgement until we play a game that matters.

So far it's been the arcytypical Norwich performance. Just completely out done physically so we cant play our game. We must have the weakest mentally and physically team in the country. why do we lose every 1v1 duel? Why don't we have one player who can get on the ball and run at a man? Still trying to tippy tappy it around in an era where pace and power works best and is all that matters at the top level. What a load of crap so far watching us play tippy tappy short passes sideways and backwards in a non thretening way while an average L1 level team get on the ball, run at their man and creates chances. I'm so frustrated by Webbers strategy, seems like he's so stuck in the past. It's all about having fast strong players who can run at defences at pace and dribble around defenders now, not patiently passing backwards and sideways hoping for an opening which never appears now.        

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Sorensen really isn't the guy, is he.

Nope, never has been.

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Sorensen really isn't the guy, is he.

Careful, you’ll open the floodgates on this one. 

8 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

So far it's been the arcytypical Norwich performance. Just completely out done physically so we cant play our game. We must have the weakest mentally and physically team in the country. why do we lose every 1v1 duel? Why don't we have one player who can get on the ball and run at a man? Still trying to tippy tappy it around in an era where pace and power works best and is all that matters at the top level. What a load of crap so far watching us play tippy tappy short passes sideways and backwards in a non thretening way while an average L1 level team get on the ball, run at their man and creates chances. I'm so frustrated by Webbers strategy, seems like he's so stuck in the past. It's all about having fast strong players who can run at defences at pace and dribble around defenders now, not patiently passing backwards and sideways hoping for an opening which never appears now.        

This is why its imperative we keep Onel, I know he isnt perfect but at least he does those things you mention, direct, pacy, takes on his man etc

2 minutes ago, Jimthechip said:

He has been awful, shame really.

Not alone they’re all awful bar McGovern!

The total opposite of the performance against Marseille. 

Now 1-0 down.

Rashica, Cantwell, Andrew, Gibson, Kenny are those players that played in that game and missing so far in this game. Cantwell in particular bossed that game. 

Looks like a jaded performance from what I'm reading. Sometimes get those in pre-season where some very hard training goes in and players have matches when fatigued just to sharpen them up for the new season.

There was no need to be high after beating Marseille, there's no need to be low at losing this one.

• Like 3

indeed, I doubt anyone wants to knacker themselves giving it all against Cambridge in a friendly in these conditions. Nothing much to glean from this performance.

I know it’s only a friendly and it’s bloody hot but that was a really dour half, McGovern best player by some distance.

Midfield totally ineffective and Idah and Pukki both isolated so not convinced on the 442 personally.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

WEBBER OUT DELIA OUT SMITH OUT CAPTAINN CANARY OUT

What on earth has Captain Canary done to you? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Looks like a jaded performance from what I'm reading. Sometimes get those in pre-season where some very hard training goes in and players have matches when fatigued just to sharpen them up for the new season.

There was no need to be high after beating Marseille, there's no need to be low at losing this one.

Agreed. Though poor games are amplified after last season. I fear Smith has got a lot to do to win round the Norwich faithful and not a lot of time to do so. 

I also worry about keeping the majority of players we got relegated with and how mentally fragile they’ve been. I know we had no choice Owing to finances but we really do need to hit the Championship running 

I expect we'll go with 1 up top in the secondhalf and we'll naturally look better. Certainly an element of going through the motions in that first half.

7 minutes ago, Spillay said:

This is why its imperative we keep Onel, I know he isnt perfect but at least he does those things you mention, direct, pacy, takes on his man etc

He’s playing btw in the very match he is moaning about.

Cambridge by far the better team, but for McGovern it could easily be 3-0, all the hallmarks of last seasons failings, out muscled and zero creativity in midfield. Yep it’s pre-season but I don’t think Smith will be too impressed with that half.

Just now, hertfordyellow said:

He’s playing btw in the very match he is moaning about.

Im well aware of that..

Why do defenders pass the ball short to a player marked tightly? It's a recipe for disaster. It seems this style of play is a left over from DF days.  They can't do anything with it but pass it back again,  and in most cases lose it on the edge of the area. 

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I also worry about keeping the majority of players we got relegated with and how mentally fragile they’ve been. I know we had no choice Owing to finances but we really do need to hit the Championship running 

I wouldn't panic just yet. A lot of those very same players smashed the Championship last time round.

• Like 3