Sign in to follow this  

Good watch, just thinking about Tzolis and comparisons, at 19, new club, country and language plus the price tag and top flight expectations. I hope it works out this season for him after further time to adjust.

17 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Good watch, just thinking about Tzolis and comparisons, at 19, new club, country and language plus the price tag and top flight expectations. I hope it works out this season for him after further time to adjust.

Do you think he'll even be here? I am not sure 

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Do you think he'll even be here? I am not sure 

Not sure myself either, I hope he is and that things work out (Webber will want to see him succeed also) it may take a loan away first if there are suitors that can pay a fair wage portion. Lots of ifs atm.

The only worry for me with this guy is fan expectations. He's a big money signing and a South American wearing the no.17 shirt so I'm worried fans are going to expect a technically brilliant no.10  Buendia type player when in reality we're probably trying to full the Skipp shaped hole in our team by signing this guy. If you look at his stats lots of hard work, good defensive work and ball carrying which is what we got from Skipp. I just hope people don't start getting on his back because he loses the ball sometimes or doesn't look for through balls because I don't think he's that type of player. 

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

Must be overwhelming for him, only 26 and suddenly signing contracts in a foreign country whilst probably a bit jet lagged. Did he have an agent or advisor with him? Didn't notice anyone.

Just a small point. He's 23 not 26 I think!

• Like 2

I like the opening question from the doctor - “Do you have any medical problems?”

It’d be a bit if a turn up if he said “ Well, actually …….”

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

We can now wear Brazil shirts and no one will bat an eyelid....

Well we can bin the German ones, no one left 😜

3 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The only worry for me with this guy is fan expectations. He's a big money signing and a South American wearing the no.17 shirt so I'm worried fans are going to expect a technically brilliant no.10  Buendia type player when in reality we're probably trying to full the Skipp shaped hole in our team by signing this guy. If you look at his stats lots of hard work, good defensive work and ball carrying which is what we got from Skipp. I just hope people don't start getting on his back because he loses the ball sometimes or doesn't look for through balls because I don't think he's that type of player. 

I don’t think fans are necessarily expecting him to become the next Buendia, but I think you’ve made a very good point about fan expectations there. No new signing is guaranteed to turn out how they sound, and if they sound positive and turn out negative they can get huge stick from the fans - I think that’s what caused Gilmour and Tzolis to get so much stick last season, also with RvW and Naismith. I think Krul, Pukki, Buendia and Grant Holt got the exact opposite though

We think Sara is going turn out to be a great signing, but we’ve got to bear in mind that we’ll just have to wait and see - he may be great, he may be ok, but he may turn out to be awful

There are no guarantees obviously but it just feels we are due for a 'good un'. Hopefully the Championship will be a bit more forgiving and he is given the time to settle.

McLean, Sorensen and  Lees Melou however need to deliver right from the off.

5 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Agreed, looks like he knows a little bit of English. I wonder how much of what he does here s standardised across the world and how much is a bit different. Id imagine any language component of the Soccerbot comes with Portuguese language settings

Probably costs an extra 15 quid a month.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

There are no guarantees obviously but it just feels we are due for a 'good un'. Hopefully the Championship will be a bit more forgiving and he is given the time to settle.

McLean, Sorensen and  Lees Melou however need to deliver right from the off.

That would be a welcome change from last summer but you are right, we are due another great player to light the place up.

38 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

🎼  Gabe Sara, Sara…whatever will be, will be, he’s come to the fine City…Gabe Sara, Sara 🎼🎼😻

Parma

I’m going to put it out there and claim I was the first in here to do the que Sara Sara thing 😂

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

But, Webbers doing work again and I've been reliably informed by the Pink Un massive that he's a waste of space who's leeching off the club spending most of his life up a mountain 🙂

Webber showing his face in the good times is nothing new. And you can bad when bad times come he’s hiding again.

Awfully early to be crowing about this signing given Webber’s recent record. I’ll back this fella and keen to see what he can do. Meanwhile one of his brilliant young recruits, near club record fee, in a crucial prem summer window is being bombed out to Belgium…

8 hours ago, WD40 said:

Webber showing his face in the good times is nothing new. And you can bad when bad times come he’s hiding again.

Awfully early to be crowing about this signing given Webber’s recent record. I’ll back this fella and keen to see what he can do. Meanwhile one of his brilliant young recruits, near club record fee, in a crucial prem summer window is being bombed out to Belgium…

Webber showed his face repeatedly in Farkes first season when the fans were claiming his style was boring and never going to get us near the playoffs.

He then signed a load more German no names to the crowing of our fans and we won the title.

He then came out and spoke after relegation. He done the same after the last relegation. At no point has he gone hiding.

But funny how much you're desperate to hate on him.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2022 at 12:43, Satriales said:

Must be overwhelming for him, only 26 and suddenly signing contracts in a foreign country whilst probably a bit jet lagged. Did he have an agent or advisor with him? Didn't notice anyone.

He's 3 years younger than that - he's 23...

• Like 1