Maltesecanary

The End Of Zimmerman

56 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

To be fair, looks more QPR than Ipswich.

More of a Brightony blue than a sc*m blue, granted, but it can still f**k off.

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I've often wondered what passes for intelligence amongst footballers. I say this purely because Graeme Le Saux was nicknamed 'The Professor' by his team-mates because he had a D in A-Level PE

And, if I remember correctly, Bowyer called him a 'poof' because he read The Guardian.

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

And, if I remember correctly, Bowyer called him a 'poof' because he read The Guardian.

Frankly, Bowyer not only lives in a very brittle, delicate glass house, he is also crap at throwing stones and even worse at taking them. It's no wonder Dyer almost laid him out. Luckily, Shearer spotted that two glass jaws were about to injure each other for a couple of seasons... 

Yet another poor decision by the club IMO but that appears to be the norm at the moment, the surprise will be if they manage to get one right!

But all the very best to Zimbo and thanks for some great memories, he deserves to be playing in a better setup than the current mess at Carrow Road.

18 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I've searched before for a video of that moment but not been able to find anything. It would make a great gif

It’s hidden in the Wolves highlights of that match. Is it the same game where Oliveira scored that belter from distance to make it 2-2? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Yet another poor decision by the club IMO but that appears to be the norm at the moment, the surprise will be if they manage to get one right!

But all the very best to Zimbo and thanks for some great memories, he deserves to be playing in a better setup than the current mess at Carrow Road.

Weird post.

Zimbo has gone to a Bundesliga 2 team, which kind of shows where he is at the moment. Love the guy, but he's not getting in ahead of Hanley, Omo, or Gibson and he has a poor recent injury record.

• Like 1

"The Times They are a Changing."

Zimmermann was the first of the German signings in, now the last out. Some good, but overall not brilliant if you recall the Frankes,  the Heises, that tiny little full-back and one or two others who were total, and pricey, flops. I did warm to Dennis, though. 

From "All the Germans," read "All the Brazilians."

How many is a Brazilian?

Two blonds sunbathing on the beach.

Blond 1. "I had a Brazilian last night."

Blond 2, "A Brazilian? How many is that?"

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Weird post.

Zimbo has gone to a Bundesliga 2 team, which kind of shows where he is at the moment. Love the guy, but he's not getting in ahead of Hanley, Omo, or Gibson and he has a poor recent injury record.

I'd probably agree with that last bit especially as far as Hanley & Omo are concerned although Omo has also proved pretty injury prone himself which is a great shame as he looks to have the potential to become our first choice at CB.

But I seem to think that we generally aim to have 4 CBs and that in recent seasons we've frequently still found ourselves short mainly due to injuries - admittedly Zimbo himself is part of that but he certainly isn't the only reason we keep finding ourselves with only one fit and experienced CB.

Yes, he has missed a lot of football but then you could say the same about Byram and the club quite rightly (IMO) stuck with him. He was the best defender at the club when he got injured (again IMO) and finally after missing virtually 2 years of football he is back and again the best defensive player we have (IMO).

If you trust the current regime to bring in someone better to replace Zimbo then of course it makes sense to let him go, but I'm afraid I don't - same applies to Rupp as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

11 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Omo has also proved pretty injury prone

Hey, he has had the one injury!  This was due to an issue caused by recent growth in his body placing an inevitable strain on his back, which is not unusual for a teenager. Unfortunately the treatment is usually complete rest for a few months, then re-build muscle again slowly but more evenly, hence the seven months out of the squad. He seems fighting fit again now though. 

Omo'll be the defender to build the team around this season, most likely alongside Gibson as Hanley will be lucky to get a look in because of the need to have a balanced left / right pairing.  With Tomkinson having a squad number already knocking on the door unfortunately time for Zimbo to look elsewhere. The timing was probably due to everyone's confidence that Omo has made a full recovery. 

On 22/07/2022 at 08:50, Danke bitte said:

It’s hidden in the Wolves highlights of that match. Is it the same game where Oliveira scored that belter from distance to make it 2-2? 

I totally did not remember him doing that in purple. Nice away kit that

Apologies this may have been mentioned before but I guess it confirms we plan to play a back four this season. If we were heading for a back 3 of Ono, Hanley and Gibson then Zimbo would have been an ideal 4th centre back to cover them.

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

Apologies this may have been mentioned before but I guess it confirms we plan to play a back four this season. If we were heading for a back 3 of Ono, Hanley and Gibson then Zimbo would have been an ideal 4th centre back to cover them.

The plan is probably to play someone out of their natural position if we get injuries at CB. We are minus Kabak and Zimbo from last Season’s squad. Seeing Hanley on the deck today should be a wake up call, we do need one more CB in, it’s a long season.

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I totally did not remember him doing that in purple. Nice away kit that

It is! I have it, with Vrancic 8 on the back as a form of protest against the naysayers who shat on him that season 😁

• Like 1

Love Zimbo. Remember he was going to give up football and retrain as a teacher (he'd be a fantastic teacher btw) before he was signed by us. Good luck to him and I don't think anyone has a bad word to say about him. From German 4th tier to the Premier League it's an amazing story and couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. Thanks and all the best.

Edit: So I'm late to the party and have just watched his interview and I'm sobbing. What a guy.

Edited by Peanuts
  • Like 1