Sign in to follow this  
Commonsense

Cardiff away sold out.

The ticketing page is now saying sold out. I really hope this indicates a great turnout, despite the distance and the rail strike, and isn’t because the club have asked for a reduced allocation.

Pity though typical that they don't quote the number of tickets sold in the message. The secret society continues.

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Pity though typical that they don't quote the number of tickets sold in the message. The secret society continues.

Don't you ever see a positive? 

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You're bordering on pathetic.

And when I say bordering I'm being particularly nice.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Don't you ever see a positive? 

He doesn't ever seem to does he. Gives a kind of newer meaning to the phrase "the only way is Essex".

• Haha 1

Did not even see the intitial allocation of tickets.

I presume it was a maximum of 2,400.

Would anyone have any indication of the price of the tickets?

or for those who have already bought tickets could they supply details.

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

I like Essex and he often has interesting talking points, but does feel like he needs to wipe a chip off his shoulder at the minute.

It would seem entirely sensible all things considered to take a reduced allocation. In the current climate I'm amazed we even managed to sell that many.

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

I like the cut of your jib 

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

At the last meeting we voted to turn down your application. 😀

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You need to ask?

Actually, shouldnt have put the question mark, more a statement than a question. 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I like Essex and he often has interesting talking points, but does feel like he needs to wipe a chip off his shoulder at the minute.

Yep sometimes raises some genuine points but they get lost easily due to his irrational hatred of everything board / director / shareholder level because of his insanely ridiculous 'for life' problem. To then complain about the secrecy of not saying how many tickets are sold is bizarre. When I buy a ticket for a gig they don't tell me how many have been sold! They might reveal the amount travelling before the fixture anyway.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Seats back on sale now

Maybe club have purchased more ? 

1 hour ago, Year of the tiger said:

Seats back on sale now

I am sure @essex canary will still find something wrong somewhere along the line with this.

My take is they went down to general sale before selling out and we have now asked for a further allocation which surely is the right approach ?

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure @essex canary will still find something wrong somewhere along the line with this.

My take is they went down to general sale before selling out and we have now asked for a further allocation which surely is the right approach ?

If that is the case, then it does make sense. Especially as we were told that ticketing does not all have to be prepaid as it was in the premier league. I worry that our ticket office tend to underestimate the enthusiasm of the fan base at times.

On other matters it is becoming tiresome that almost every thread is hijacked by Essex moaning and then by people calling him out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

If that is the case, then it does make sense. Especially as we were told that ticketing does not all have to be prepaid as it was in the premier league. I worry that our ticket office tend to underestimate the enthusiasm of the fan base at times.

On other matters it is becoming tiresome that almost every thread is hijacked by Essex moaning and then by people calling him out.

A new mix to the equation for consideration on what allocation to request is the cost of living crisis especially with regard to fuel expenditure. It would be foolhardy to suggest it will not have somesort of impact on away followings for all clubs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It makes perfect sense! I can understand the concerns of some who were let down last season because of the way the club tried to save money but this seems the sensible and logical way of doing things.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yep sometimes raises some genuine points but they get lost easily due to his irrational hatred of everything board / director / shareholder level because of his insanely ridiculous 'for life' problem. To then complain about the secrecy of not saying how many tickets are sold is bizarre. When I buy a ticket for a gig they don't tell me how many have been sold! They might reveal the amount travelling before the fixture anyway.

I'm not exactly pro regime myself, as you probably know, but f*ck me pick your battles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Maybe club have purchased more ? 

Were never off sale. I have just bought four and the chap said he doubts they will sell out

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

The ticket office was never this bad under Chris Hughton 

I believe you have made similar comparisons over the years Fred, i mean Bert. 😜

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Were never off sale. I have just bought four and the chap said he doubts they will sell out

He may be right, but the website was definitely showing sold out last night!

16 hours ago, hogesar said:

I thought pathetic was nice, personally. How about sad, money obsessed, ignorant,  crass D1ckhead?

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

He may be right, but the website was definitely showing sold out last night!

it certainly was showing sold out online 

image.png.0300b5a3f0e81557726b7d4f569cdea5.png