Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

The Barclay in blue & white

I mean it does look vile, they really couldn’t have got them to agree to a yellow and green version?

• Like 1

Don't look up, the sky is in Ipswich colours too! Sack the board, imo.

• Like 1

I was hoping the in ground sponsor would remain Woodfordes, alas it's also been changed. Luckily sitting in the Barclay I don't have to look at it.

50 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I mean it does look vile, they really couldn’t have got them to agree to a yellow and green version?

I mean, even a black and white would be better than blue! 

11 minutes ago, Tired said:

Don't look up, the sky is in Ipswich colours too! Sack the board, imo.

But we own all their fields 😉

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

If its the same as the outside of the Barclay, then it looks more grey and white to be honest 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I was hoping the in ground sponsor would remain Woodfordes, alas it's also been changed. Luckily sitting in the Barclay I don't have to look at it.

Yeah, and Woodforde's did a yellow and green version too. Don't understand how a headline sponsor could be that rigorous about their logo/assets/livery... if you're prepared to invest a significant amount of money in the club then surely you must have some concept of how appalling it would look to sully our stadium with blue and white? Bloody annoying, that.

Allow me to be the first in irritating a lot of people by saying I don't really care about this. 

Maybe it's a generational thing but most advertising just blurs into the background for me. I didn't even know the Woodfordes sign had been done in a different colour for us.

• Like 9

I agree. And also what I see there is 95% of the stand in green and yellow. Just get over it lads. 

I honestly couldn’t care less.  It’s not as though the River End is in yellow and green, is it….indeed, I thought it was deep blue but it might be black - I haven’t ever really looked. image.jpeg.7a49220782382def35917f24f7b78d81.jpeg

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

The South Stand used to have red seats. I don't remember anyone getting precious about that.

Half of them were blue…..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Half of them were blue…..

And I always found that really annoying! Refused to ever sit there!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Allow me to be the first in irritating a lot of people by saying I don't really care about this. 

Maybe it's a generational thing but most advertising just blurs into the background for me. I didn't even know the Woodfordes sign had been done in a different colour for us.

Yeah I can't say I'm massively bothered about the sponsors on the top of the stand I sit in. I won't even see it during matches! 🙃

Well, for one thing, at least we don't have a tree growing from it.

Don't care what colour it is, but strange that after spending all that money on new badges and fonts etc that this particular style is so old fashioned. I would never dream of using Anglian anyway (bunch of cowboys from 25 years ago, don't care what they're like now) so happy for the club to take their money.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Filed under the 'really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things' section for me.

See also ‘any stick to beat the club with’ 

• Like 1

I love a good visual, helps with the atmosphere and adds an element of pride. Especially with some of those flag displays pre-covid... please bring them back!! 

It looks terrible, look at the difference. Born in Norfolk.. to Made in Norfolk... I don't like it and no matter how irrelevant some fans think it is, I think it's another tone deaf move from the club. 

t5j8bg.jpg

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Haha 2

Couldn't care any less about this, as has been pointed out the old South Stand had blue seats for years, in fact I've got one of them in my garage.

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

Couldn't care any less about this, as has been pointed out the old South Stand had blue seats for years, in fact I've got one of them in my garage.

But if pressed, you'd have to admit it doesn't look as good as Woodforde's Brewery?

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

But if pressed, you'd have to admit it doesn't look as good as Woodforde's Brewery?

Pretty sure everyone would admit that, they just wouldn't care. It's got nothing to do with tone-deaf club, and all to do with the best sponsorship options for the club.

• Like 2