Sign in to follow this  
kinggoblin

Gilmour among Chelsea academy duo jettisoned by Tuchel

But how could this be? Doesn't Tuchel know that he has a world beater on his hands? A player which such a fantastic range of passing that he could hit a 5p coin from the ISS? 

He has a player who single handedly kept england at bay and who should have be placed in anyone's midfield all star line up with Zidane and who was so so humble to lend his god like talents to lowly little ol Norwich as a kind of help the poor scheme, god bless Wee Billy!! 

Such shocking treatment of a great great treasure! 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

He's no longer under 21 so would have to be named as part of a 25 man squad.

Apparently he's just signed a contract extension and has been linked with Everton. Few of us thought he would be playing for Chelsea this season.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He's no longer under 21 so would have to be named as part of a 25 man squad.

Apparently he's just signed a contract extension and has been linked with Everton. Few of us thought he would be playing for Chelsea this season.

That's not actually quite correct, he would have had to have been 21 at some point in early January of this year to not count in the U21 contingent. 

Seems Tuchal just realises that Gilmour is the new Josh McEachran rather than the new Paul Scholes.

• Like 1

Scotland and Chelsea rising star, ruined his career due to his season long loan at dreadful Norwich City.

I think this is probably what will circulate, or at least on TalkSport!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

If City show any interest I'm joining the Binmen.

I can't imagine Chelsea would consider letting him come to us again anyway... although to be fair, I think he'd look a totally different player on the front foot in a top Championship team (which we undoubtedly are). It's not gonna happen, though, so all hypothetical!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I can't imagine Chelsea would consider letting him come to us again anyway... although to be fair, I think he'd look a totally different player on the front foot in a top Championship team (which we undoubtedly are). It's not gonna happen, though, so all hypothetical!

Fair comment. He would have benefited more in a lower league last season. A pivotal midfield role, in the Prem, was a risk which didn't pay off, obviously. (I'm still going to scapegoat him though.😉)

Not got what it takes at EPL level physically, may develop and become a great player one day but for now he’s just a boy playing a man’s game.

31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I mean, he would look better, but I still don't think he's anything special. 

What does he have that David Fox didn't have? 

There is no shame in being a decent Championship centre midfielder, earning half a million a year at Blackburn or QPR and racking up a decent number of Scotland caps, then having your couple of years at Rangers at the end to keep your grandad happy. 

That's a respectable career. But that's all I expect him to achieve. He's not got enough strings to his bow. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, OTBC06 said:

Scotland and Chelsea rising star, ruined his career due to his season long loan at dreadful Norwich City.

I think this is probably what will circulate, or at least on TalkSport!! 

Yeah, because we ruined Skipp too. 

I felt sorry for Gilmour 

He was ineffective and disappointing but he never stopped trying, or wanting the ball unlike some others

He seemed to be criticised because others rated him highly 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

I felt sorry for Gilmour 

He was ineffective and disappointing but he never stopped trying, or wanting the ball unlike some others

Character building 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Character building 

Nowadays known as Bullying.😇

My own opinion is that his season with us will have done him no harm, but some of the shoite he got was uncalled for. So it's a maybe from me Jim.

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜

He was carp from the very first competitive game. The PL is just as much about physicality and athleticism as it is skill unless you're exceptionally talented which Gilmour is not and as a result he looked hopelessly out of his depth, like a talented under 18 playing mens football before he's ready. He will probably go on to be a quality Championship level player who will maybe be good enough for the PL in his late 20's like an Ollie Norwood but right now he's nowhere near good enough for that level let alone for a team like Chelsea. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

He was carp from the very first competitive game. The PL is just as much about physicality and athleticism as it is skill unless you're exceptionally talented which Gilmour is not and as a result he looked hopelessly out of his depth, like a talented under 18 playing mens football before he's ready. He will probably go on to be a quality Championship level player who will maybe be good enough for the PL in his late 20's like an Ollie Norwood but right now he's nowhere near good enough for that level let alone for a team like Chelsea. 

I agree with this, somewhat ironically reminds me of Dowell - plenty of skill but just doesn't have the attributes to play at the highest level.

3 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

I felt sorry for Gilmour 

You were obviously watching a different player to the one I saw. He lost every 50-50 and his work out of possession was awful. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean, he would look better, but I still don't think he's anything special. 

What does he have that David Fox didn't have? 

There is no shame in being a decent Championship centre midfielder, earning half a million a year at Blackburn or QPR and racking up a decent number of Scotland caps, then having your couple of years at Rangers at the end to keep your grandad happy. 

That's a respectable career. But that's all I expect him to achieve. He's not got enough strings to his bow. 

David Fox (IIRC) had the highest accurate cross percentage in all of Europe's top leagues. Way better than Gilmour. 

At one point we and Barcelona had the best ten game record in European top leagues, this was under Chris Hughton. These things happen, but mean little.

8 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Edited by wcorkcanary

Gilmour was sh*t. He created little on offense and ran around like a headless chicken on defense consistently letting the opposition right by him. Hell, he couldn't even be bothered to bang heads a bit. Compare that in 1,858 minutes last season he logged 2 yellow cards while, for example, a similarly built Tom Trybull in 18-19 who racked up 8 yellow cards in 1,929 minutes.

He was small, slow, weak, and uncreative. Everything we did NOT need in our squad. Webber f*cked up royally.

Edited by NorthCarolinaYellow

13 minutes ago, Petriix said:

You were obviously watching a different player to the one I saw. He lost every 50-50 and his work out of possession was awful. 

Yep.

And I seem to remember him consistently not making himself a good outlet for the CBs by allowing the opposition AM/CF to place themselves between him and the ball. He'd stand around waiting for Hanley to magically Pirlo the ball to him I guess. MOVE INTO SPACE YOUNG BILLY. Dammit. Now I'm getting angry.

• Like 1

But but but but no this can't be, Billy Gilmour is the greatest player of all time and it's those nasty bumpkins in Norfolks fault he was so bad here.. 

8 hours ago, Herman said:

If City show any interest I'm joining the Binmen.

It's astonishing that one player can cause so much angst in our supporters. I agree with most that he was a poor acquisition for us and was not we needed at all. On top of everything else we had lazily hyped media reports about him, Chelsea supporters fawning over him and so it was no surprise it all went sour.  Wrong player at the wrong time in the wrong division. Good luck to him, but don't want him at our club again - unless it is for an opposition team (when he will come and rub our noses in it, run the match and we will all say, well done, but you were still useless for us).

Edited by lake district canary

24 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's astonishing that one player can cause so much angst in our supporters. I agree with most that he was a poor acquisition for us and was not we needed at all. On top of everything else we had lazily hyped media reports about him, Chelsea supporters fawning over him and so it was no surprise it all went sour.  Wrong player at the wrong time in the wrong division. Good luck to him, but don't want him at our club again - unless it is for an opposition team (when he will come and rub our noses in it, run the match and we will all say, well done, but you were still useless for us).

I think he gets more grief because he wasn't one of ours and, as you say, the OTT reactions from idiotic Chelsea fans. Nevermind, hopefully he may have a decent career somewhere else.

He's nowhere near good enough to be in a Chelsea starting XI

Edited by AJ

I think for a prospect to develop well they need quite a few players with fairly good experience at that level playing alongside them to teach them (had he stayed at Chelsea and played in every fixture where he was available for selection I think he would have done quite well). Skipp developed well because our players were very good at that level, and so we turned him into a very strong Championship player to get him PL game time last season, and if he plays regularly this season I think he could become brilliant in the PL

• Like 1

IMO, Gilmour never gave up, and he deserves some credit for that. He was asked to do something he wasn't capable of, and that's largely our fault, not his. Yes, he was rubbish and we should have dropped him, but the entire recruitment stank, so it's hardly surprising he couldn't be our midfield fulcrum. Did we even have a midfield last season?

I'd personally rate him above Normann, who blew very hot and cold, and seemed to lose interest entirely when he realised we were going down to the Championship - a player who played for himself and whose ego was much larger than his ability, or even his effort when he wasn't in the mood. 

• Like 1