Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*Norwich vs Marseille pre season match thread*

Great to see Todd getting on so well. Would love to see him take on a bit more of a leadership role in the midfield though and start instructing the team-mates around him. Appreciate that will probably be Hayden's job when he starts, but Todd seems to be the type of player who revels with increased responsibility.

Also interesting to see how much game time Hugill is getting under Smith. That goal will certainly have helped his cause.

And with that, Hugill puts his bonce on a cross swung in. By Rashica. Hope Idah and Sargent are watching - there'll be plenty of those coming in next season.

The value of Rashica on the right there, with a traditional centre forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

It reminds me of the old joke about going to see a fight and an ice-hockey match breaking out. Is this about Brexit? Did Delia do the pre-match catering?

Doubt it's about Brexit as such, I think Marseille was one of the regions that harboured a lot of support for Le Pen. 

Rashica to credit for that. Seemed to be the one demanding the early throw (might be wrong!), put in a superb cross and Hugill just floated in between both Marseille players for a nice header in.

I don't think Marseille are going to be inviting us back given the absolute daggers some of their staff seem to be sending towards our bench 🤣

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

The value of Rashica on the right there, with a traditional centre forward. 

And from the right hand side too.

It's a shame we didn't see any balls like that worked into the box first half for Sargent. 

• Like 1

Marseille (and their fans) have always been a team of thugs. The region is notorious for being less than friendly. 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell has been really good.

He certainly has been, head screwed on again. Offer him a nice new contract with clauses that suit both parties. 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell has been really good.

I think what stands out for me is that he is playing more centrally and he's not struggling, especially with the physicality. Something he has often been criticised for, based mainly upon how he looks, yet he is getting stuck in and not getting bullied. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Our pressing, interceptions and passing have been good; it's also been a very decent fitness workout.

Love the kit.

OTBC

Yep, agree.

If this is the first proper sign of a Smith team and a style as he rebuilds I like it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Noooo! Don't send Pukki on to get kicked on the foot.

I'm sure they'll be an article saying how he was insulted by an opposition player and how Dean Smith is an absolute idiot for playing him against such rubbish pub team sides where his sensitive ears could be subject to such verbal barrages and leave his confidence so compounded he is unable to play for most of the coming season, ruining any hopes of a move to Barcelona/Real Madrid that is clearly on the cards.

<waves fist in the air> DaMnED SilLy CaN-aIr-iEs aND tHeiR BaRsToOL IdiOt hEaD CoAcH!!

Pukki, Lees-Melou, Gibbs, Tzolis, Tomkinson and Hernandez on.

McLean, Cantwell, Aarons, Sorensen, Sinani and Rashica off.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

FYI I’m at Carrow road holiday inn right now and the pitch freshly layed looks amazing

You aware you can take pics and post them these days........ 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well that's him knobbled. Marseille bench not happy.

They started it! But it’sa little too feisty for a friendly for my liking