Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

We have signed a Brazilian yeeehhhaaa

Really excited about this signing , supposedly absolute class just what we need , but said the same thing about tzolis last season, but surely I can't get it wrong two years running.😁

• Haha 1

Exciting times ahead.  Lets hope he is more Buendia and less like another most expensive player purchase flop.

Edited by Newtopia

4 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Really excited about this signing , supposedly absolute class just what we need , but said the same thing about tzolis last season, but surely I can't get it wrong two years running.😁

Some signings just need a bit of time to bed. Let's remember Iwan Roberts was absolutely pants in his first season here and look how that ended up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

Some signings just need a bit of time to bed. Let's remember Iwan Roberts was absolutely pants in his first season here and look how that ended up

Poor Iwan in his first season went to two games where everytime he touched the ball nearly the entire barcley boed him

Hopefully with the amount of first team football Sara has played it can help him adapt

23 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Exciting times ahead.  Lets hope he is more Buendia and another most expensive player flop.

I think he suposed to be more box to box and less skill then Emi

My offering of a song for him.

Gab Sara Sara - he comes from a land afar - he's better than Bwendiaa - Gab Sara Sara.

Sung to the tune of Que sera sera.

40 minutes ago, kdncfc said:

My offering of a song for him.

Gab Sara Sara - he comes from a land afar - he's better than Bwendiaa - Gab Sara Sara.

Sung to the tune of Que sera sera.

IMO, the best I've seen so far, but it is tempting fate.

I don't know about anyone else but, in celebration, I've trimmed my nether regions into the appropriate style. 

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Lets hope they've done their homework this summer so we can file last summers business in the best forgotten draw.

Jury very much still out on a few of our signings from last season 

On 16/07/2022 at 07:21, AJ said:

But Iwan Roberts in his book admits that his fitness and lifestyle were really bad and that he was fat due to poor attitude. The manager at the time basically told him to slim down or f*ck off.

How does this relate to Tsoliz then, is he also overweight, lazy, fat and due an ultimatum, or is it just a really bad comparison?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But Iwan Roberts in his book admits that his fitness and lifestyle were really bad and that he was fat due to poor attitude. The manager at the time basically told him to slim down or f*ck off.

How does this relate to Tsoliz then, is he also overweight, lazy, fat and due an ultimatum, or is it just a really bad comparison?

I think the relevent and comparable point is that he can turn it around and that with both it is not lack of talent that is the issue. In Tzolis' case it is not lifestyle but struggling to adapt as a teenager to moving to different countrywith a very different culture.

1 minute ago, Jimthechip said:

I think the relevent and comparable point is that he can turn it around and that with both it is not lack of talent that is the issue. In Tzolis' case it is not lifestyle but struggling to adapt as a teenager to moving to different countrywith a very different culture.

I think there may also be an element of him so obviously being a striker that people are trying to play out wide. 

The chap will have an excellent career... as a striker. 

Don't a lot of top strikers learn their trade on the wing? Thinking of Henry. We started off with Pukki wide right too with Rhodes upfront.

On 16/07/2022 at 07:06, Newtopia said:

Exciting times ahead.  Lets hope he is more Buendia and less like another most expensive player purchase flop.

Don't think he'll be like Buendia, from looking at his vids. I suppose the fact they're both South American has drawn these comparisons.

He's probably not the finished article yet either and nor was Buendia when we bought him. But Sara seems more of an all round midfielder than a 10. Got good strength, shoots as soon as he sees the goal (albeit a lot of the time high, wide and handsome) got some tricks. But don't really see him playing those killer passes like Buendia did. I'm not sure his touch is as sublime either and he's very left footed 😊

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Petriix said:

I don't know about anyone else but, in celebration, I've trimmed my nether regions into the appropriate style. 

Me too mate. Me too 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Who knows what the players lifestyle was like before coming here. I'm not sure how it is under Smith but under Farke the training intensity and drive for fitness were very high. I'm just saying as a mild comparison, Roberts obviously went on to achieve very good things for us and Tzolis has the potential to do the same

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I signed a Brazilian once, but she insisted I used non permanent ink so her husband didn't see it.😇

Don't give up the day job.😁

20 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Don't give up the day job.😁

I am a landscape gardener, trimming bushes is part of my day job. 😇😉

• Haha 1