Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

The Norwich Vs Stoke Thread!

Once again, if anyone can''t get to a radio, the live match written commentary can be found on the BBC Sport website. Go to bbc sport/football/norwich and you''ll find it when the match starts. Keep refreshing it to get new stuff. This is from the bbc website:

"Norwich welcome back Andy Hughes, but Adam Drury is suspended and Simon Charlton is expected to deputise. Leon McKenzie is pushing for his first start of the year, although he may be on the bench. Youssef Safri is their only doubt with a thigh injury.

Stoke hope Sambegou Bangoura will return after surgery on his hand. Mamady Sidibe is absent following an operation on his nose. Peter Sweeney, brought off against the Lions with a back problem, is available"

I hope Hughes improves, we could do with that. I would have been nice if bangoura was out, he''s one to watch out for! Sidibe being out is good for us as I rate him highly. Any one, please post any news about the protest, team lines up and general match stuff here!

Lineups are:

Green

Shackell, Fleming, Doherty, Charlton

Robinson      Hughes    Huckerby

McKenzie   McVeigh  Earnshaw

Stoke Lineup is:

Simonson

Broomes    Duberry   Buxton   Hill

Russell     Chadwick   Junior  Skoko

Bangoura      Gallagher

Well, I''m glad McKenzie and McVeigh are up front but I think if Safri had been fit Hughes would have been on the subs!

Team Line-ups from Canary''s site:-

Norwich City: Green, Shackell, Fleming, Huckerby, Earnshaw,

McKenzie, Charlton, Hughes, McVeigh, Doherty, Robinson. Subs: Gallacher

(GK), Johansson, Etuhu, Henderson, Colin.

Stoke City: Simonsen, Broomes, Duberry, Hill, Bangoura,

Russell, Junior, Chadwick, Skoko, Buxton, Gallagher. Subs: De Hoey

(GK), Sweeney, Kopteff, Wilkinson, Rooney.

Safri hasn''t recovered, Shackell is in for Rehman (who has failed to make todays squad) and McKenzie is starting alongside Earnshaw

Aaaaarrrrrrggghhhh! 

Haven''t even kicked off yet and we''ve already had the commentary team reassure us that despite the problems there aren''t too many empty seats........

This is not proof of public opinion, a vote of confidence blah! blah! blah!

This is because 20,000 of the crowd paid for todays seat approx 12 months ago and I would blame none of those for going regardless of their personal politics, they''re supporters and have paid handsomely for todays seat well in advance.

If FCR were "pay on the gate" how many empty seats would there be? More than a few I''d wager.

reading the text, Norwich seems to be doing well

P.S. How long will the moderators be around for today?

Listening to the match, 35 minutes in and I can say that Stoke are probably causing our defence more issues but Shackell is playing a blinder. Huckerby has also started well, but appears that the Stoke defence will take some beating.

Not the most exciting of games, either.

MCKENZIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drilled left-footed (bottom-left of goal) from right side of penalty area (18 yards)

Norwich 1-0 Stoke.

Looks like Worthington''s going to be off the hook again. I just hope the protests will continue to go on, even if we win. We can''t back down.

But as I type, 1-1 - Gutted!

Johansson makes it 2-1

Right-footed (bottom-right of goal) from left side of penalty area (6 yards).Norwich 2-1 Stoke. Assist (pass) by Paul McVeigh (Norwich) from right channel

Assist by McVeigh, WLY Paul McVeigh!