1 minute ago, king canary said:

That's the glass half full view I guess.

The defensive midfield position is our most glaring hole and Hayden was supposed to address that. Losing him for the first however many games is a real worry in my view.

Yup, but we're not there yet. And like I said, it's possibly why we have been linked with Mooy, for example.

It's gonna be a rather messy summer with everything mixed in and mashed up. Usually by this point we're barely a week into a transfer window proper. This year there is more emphasis and training has started earlier, due to the placement of the world cup resulting in leagues starting sooner.

I suspect we'll see more movement on the players front yet. It could well be that we get more defensive midfield cover yet. We could see Sorensen go, and be replaced.

We could play with a more conventional midfield 2.

It's a blow, yes, because Hayden possesses that quality that can be deployed in the premier league as well as the championship. And we'll need that. Equally, at this point, as we have learned to our detriment before, we can't put all of our faith in one player and hope they stay fit for an entire campaign.

5 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Yep, your possibly correct in this assumption. We don't seem to have much luck do we? I only hope that the Boy from Brazil 🇧🇷🙏  is ready to start soon, but my gut feeling would say no. All in All fingers 🤞

Nothing to do with luck. We knew of his recent injury record and took the risk, as are with Sara.

As you say fingers crossed on Sara's fitness and if he isn't we have to pull the plug on it. We can't sign 2 crocked midfielders. Madness really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Who did the f……….g medical ?

Our f......g medical staff. I'm not a doctor, but I trust they are adequately qualified to perform their duties.

• Like 2

Are we all forgetting he's a loan too, we haven't signed him. Therefore if it doesn't work out we haven't lost out, other than not having a player for the part / all season. Maybe thats the reason its a loan initially,  and the club have been shrewd 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Are we all forgetting he's a loan too, we haven't signed him. Therefore if it doesn't work out we haven't lost out, other than not having a player for the part / all season. Maybe thats the reason its a loan initially,  and the club have been shrewd 

I'm just gonna say... I think if us scoring coincides with me commenting on threads, then injuries might be your bag...
image.png.09cb0b9748082b2d5cd9330ffb29e7ae.png
😂

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I believe it was performance based (appearances I would assume) and us being promoted would suggest that, yes. It's more fun to panic and attack the club though.

Fact is we knew he had this injury and that there was potential he'd need this surgery. I do like the idea that the medical department are incompetent though

Not a big deal, better to get it right now and then relax when he’s fit and ready to go 

It’s not a major routine so should be up to speed relatively soon 

26 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Not a big deal, better to get it right now and then relax when he’s fit and ready to go 

It’s not a major routine so should be up to speed relatively soon 

Yep its not like we really need that defensive midfielder....

Clearly we need to sign another defensive midfielder. Going with one was always risky as this proves. It’s too important a position to leave to chance.

Edited by Grando

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

So our midfield 3 for Cardiff likely to be McLean, Sorensen and PLM with no bench back up. That's assuming they remain unscathed against Cambridge, Hibs and Celtic.

Does sound a bit concerning doesn't it! I guess Byram could play there at a stretch. I guess we'll field few youngsters if needed and assume we're very much in the market for another midfielder

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

The pant-wetting has started early.

It seems early Wingso, but the second week in July is not unusual. It's like Swallows, they arrive Early to mid April. Gusset dampness regularly occurs a few days either side of the 11 July.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Not possible, the Club can be lucky , never shrewd. Thems the rules. 

23 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not possible, the Club can be lucky , never shrewd. Thems the rules. 

Apologies,  I stepped out of line there. 

I'll  try to be more diligent in the future. 

I've had both knees 'cleaned up'. I'm not fit or in my 20's anymore (more 40+ last clear out). I was running after 2 weeks and playing rugby again after 8 weeks. 

Cleaned does not work in the long run

No pun intended 

Another one for the scrap heap 

Lots of criticism of our medical team but reading between the lines it sounds like Newcastle who have the problem. At least we've taken the bull by the horns and attempted to sort it out. If it is a major problem I assume we have the option to send him back at some point. 

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Was about to say the same thing. Right, Lungi - be ready. (Just hope he doesn't play alongside McLean. He was looking nicely balanced with PLM, but if Sara is a bona-fide box-to-box man, that should work very nicely).

Sara is also injured 

Webber reds to stop signing injured players. I get that it means we sometimes get them on the cheap but it’s clear that both Hayden and Sara (if he signs) are not going to be having an impact until several weeks into the season. 

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

That position in midfield needs filling now as it looks like a long wait to get Hayden fit if at all.

What are your medical credentials for claiming that? The surgeon doing the "minor flushing out" had a very different take. For those claiming 6 weeks minimum because it's an op, may I refer you to RugbyCanary's post, and the fact that Dowell has just had an op and is expected to be in contention for the Hibs game. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Webber reds to stop signing injured players. I get that it means we sometimes get them on the cheap but it’s clear that both Hayden and Sara (if he signs) are not going to be having an impact until several weeks into the season. 

So if Buendia had been injured before he arrived you would have suggested we shouldn't have bought him? 

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Apologies,  I stepped out of line there. 

I'll  try to be more diligent in the future. 

Good man, don't do it again. I expected better. I was actually more disappointed with  you than upset.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good man, don't do it again. I expected better. I was actually more disappointed with  you than upset.  

I let myself down, and you too Corkio. 

Im going for a long hard think about what I've done. I may be a while.... 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I let myself down, and you too Corkio. 

Im going for a long hard think about what I've done. I may be a while.... 

That's better, there's no point crying about spilt milk as me mammy would say, a short spell on the naughty step will soften your cough my lad .

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

That's better, there's no point crying about spilt milk as me mammy would say, a short spell on the naughty step will soften your cough my lad .

A minute for every year of my age....... As I say I may be a while! 

• Haha 1