Surgery needed so he's missing the start of the season. Really not great as he's going to playing some serious catch up.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Surgery needed so he's missing the start of the season. Really not great as he's going to playing some serious catch up.

Even less great is that it puts us back to square one.

The links to Aaron Mooy make more sense now if they transpire to be true. And possibly the link to the young midfielder in the rumours thread.

I've also seen Pukki came off with an injury.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Blow. Not good. Sorenson - now is your time, it seems. 

Was about to say the same thing. Right, Lungi - be ready. (Just hope he doesn't play alongside McLean. He was looking nicely balanced with PLM, but if Sara is a bona-fide box-to-box man, that should work very nicely).

Edited by TheGunnShow

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What a great transfer window, bravo Webber

Evening cheerful! 😊 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

That's not necessarily a big problem. Start of the season would suggest it's more a case of the wound to heal and swelling to reduce. Long season and it starts very soon.

As much as people will want to see full blooded pre season friendlies, part of me hopes there will also be caution. We can't really risk too much. 

• Like 2

A fit footballer with a small keyhole op won’t take long to heal, but it’s clearly far from ideal.  He’ll have a lot of catching up to do.  

Just now, chicken said:

That's not necessarily a big problem. Start of the season would suggest it's more a case of the wound to heal and swelling to reduce. Long season and it starts very soon.

As much as people will want to see full blooded pre season friendlies, part of me hopes there will also be caution. We can't really risk too much. 

Quite - odd knocks are inevitable but you desperately want to avoid the sort of injuries we picked up at Cambridge a couple of years ago. 

That position in midfield needs filling now as it looks like a long wait to get Hayden fit if at all.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

That position in midfield nedds filling now as it looks like a long wait to get Hayden fit if at all.

Who knows. Not very good news at all.

How long does it take to recover from a knee clean out?
You will probably need about 6 weeks to recover. If your doctor repaired damaged tissue, recovery will take longer. You may have to limit your activity until your knee strength and movement are back to normal. You may also be in a physical rehabilitation (rehab) program.

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

Disagree that it isn't a big deal. Hayden is coming into a new team, needing to learn our tactics, way of playing and build familiarity with his teammates. Add to this that he's not played a first team game since December last year and even if he's 'fit' by the end of August, he's going to be very far behind on fitness. Missing a preseason can have a sizable knock on affect.

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1

So our midfield 3 for Cardiff likely to be McLean, Sorensen and PLM with no bench back up. That's assuming they remain unscathed against Cambridge, Hibs and Celtic.

Hope the cost of the op is being picked up by the Toon.  If not, some very big questions need to be asked!

• Like 2

Just now, king canary said:

Disagree that it isn't a big deal. Hayden is coming into a new team, needing to learn our tactics, way of playing and build familiarity with his teammates. Add to this that he's not played a first team game since December last year and even if he's 'fit' by the end of August, he's going to be very far behind on fitness. 

I was talking more about the injury and recovery. Obviously there will be fitness and blending in, but if he is playing CDM... it's not the most difficult of roles to adapt to different settings. Just have to learn which players are going to come to you and how your defenders will want to see you help them out and how the head coach will want you to play.

I suspect a lot of that has been ongoing anyway in regards to the tactical play. He has been with the squad hasn't he?

It is a blow, but in a way it's a gauntlet thrown down to the other players - now's your chance, take it or lose out. 

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Who knows. Not very good news at all.

How long does it take to recover from a knee clean out?
You will probably need about 6 weeks to recover. If your doctor repaired damaged tissue, recovery will take longer. You may have to limit your activity until your knee strength and movement are back to normal. You may also be in a physical rehabilitation (rehab) program.

6 weeks minimum I would have thought for an op. And he was playing catch up even before that.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

6 weeks minimum I would have thought for an op. And he was playing catch up even before that.

That's with all being good, which it hasn't been so far... Fingers crossed.

It's not going to hurt someone like Sorensen getting a run out in the team anyway, looking at this positively hopefully by the time Hayden is fit he's having to work and push for a place.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yep, your possibly correct in this assumption. We don't seem to have much luck do we? I only hope that the Boy from Brazil 🇧🇷 🙏  is ready to start soon, but my gut feeling would say no. All in All fingers 🤞

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

I was talking more about the injury and recovery. Obviously there will be fitness and blending in, but if he is playing CDM... it's not the most difficult of roles to adapt to different settings. Just have to learn which players are going to come to you and how your defenders will want to see you help them out and how the head coach will want you to play.

I suspect a lot of that has been ongoing anyway in regards to the tactical play. He has been with the squad hasn't he?

It is a blow, but in a way it's a gauntlet thrown down to the other players - now's your chance, take it or lose out. 

That's the glass half full view I guess.

The defensive midfield position is our most glaring hole and Hayden was supposed to address that. Losing him for the first however many games is a real worry in my view.