Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Free fan event prior to Hibs friendly

Just now, essex canary said:

I doubt I am top of the posting charts. Maybe top 5.

But it's just absolutely incessant self-absorbed moaning. You seem to think that you're some kind of noble warrior railing against the injustice of it all, but in reality you just come across as embittered and, frankly, very boring.

Maybe you should consider the amount of your time you put into something that clearly gives you so little satisfaction and finds you generally disagreeing with everyone? It'd be much better for your wellbeing to invest some of that time in something that gives you joy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

But it's just absolutely incessant self-absorbed moaning. You seem to think that you're some kind of noble warrior railing against the injustice of it all, but in reality you just come across as embittered and, frankly, very boring.

Maybe you should consider the amount of your time you put into something that clearly gives you so little satisfaction and finds you generally disagreeing with everyone? It'd be much better for your wellbeing to invest some of that time in something that gives you joy.

I am (have been) a very enthusiastic and committed supporter for 53 years attending around 55% of all matches in that time. The attached is a quote from the Chairmans Annual Report of 1998 (the first year D&M’s tenure) which inspired me to be a shareholder and part of the Associated Directors Group.  

‘We see the shareholding initiative as part of our on-going policy of taking the Club back to its’ supporters. Within the broader context of improving relationships between the Club and all our supporters we are most grateful to the Vice-Chairman who vigorously and enthusiastically continues the active liaison with our Supporters Consultative Group and the popular Supporters Forums, which are held at various venues around Norfolk, and which give our fans the opportunity to question Directors, Management, Players and Staff about all aspects of the Club. These and other initiatives have created a far healthier degree of goodwill and harmony amongst all associated with Norwich City.’

Having subsequently been cut off from the ADG for trying to assist a female supporter (as I detailed earlier), I feel seriously let down by the Club who have not lived up to the sentiment expressed above albeit I acknowledge that many things change over 20 years but the shareholder initiative hasn’t.

It was also interesting to hear the views of a Staffordshire based supporter who travels to every game on Canary Call 2 months ago who stated that the hierarchy who would welcome supporters into their homes then are distant and disconnected now.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if I ensure that I fall down the posting charts on here as I am fed up with trying to compete with Tilly and Greavsy and there are other things to do in life. It doesn’t mean it is easy.   

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

I am (have been) a very enthusiastic and committed supporter for 53 years attending around 55% of all matches in that time. The attached is a quote from the Chairmans Annual Report of 1998 (the first year D&M’s tenure) which inspired me to be a shareholder and part of the Associated Directors Group.  

‘We see the shareholding initiative as part of our on-going policy of taking the Club back to its’ supporters. Within the broader context of improving relationships between the Club and all our supporters we are most grateful to the Vice-Chairman who vigorously and enthusiastically continues the active liaison with our Supporters Consultative Group and the popular Supporters Forums, which are held at various venues around Norfolk, and which give our fans the opportunity to question Directors, Management, Players and Staff about all aspects of the Club. These and other initiatives have created a far healthier degree of goodwill and harmony amongst all associated with Norwich City.’

Having subsequently been cut off from the ADG for trying to assist a female supporter (as I detailed earlier), I feel seriously let down by the Club who have not lived up to the sentiment expressed above albeit I acknowledge that many things change over 20 years but the shareholder initiative hasn’t.

It was also interesting to hear the views of a Staffordshire based supporter who travels to every game on Canary Call 2 months ago who stated that the hierarchy who would welcome supporters into their homes then are distant and disconnected now.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if I ensure that I fall down the posting charts on here as I am fed up with trying to compete with Tilly and Greavsy and there are other things to do in life. It doesn’t mean it is easy.   

You really are a martyr to your own cause aren't you Ethics? 

Truly suffering for us all.

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

You really are a martyr to your own cause aren't you Ethics? 

And his children's cause, don't forget them...... 

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

On a human level, I think that would be a very good idea. Consider the amount of energy you've put into trying to hold NCFC to account over the last two decades, and how much end product that has generated compared to the frustration it has clearly caused you.

I think anyone who has studied CUFC's fan engagement will agree that it is excellent, so I hope you enjoy your time at the Abbey Stadium this season (wife and I went for Wes's last game against Cheltenham at the end of last season and had a great day out). Go and do things that make you happy!

15 hours ago, essex canary said:

I doubt I am top of the posting charts. Maybe top 5.

Maybe but others change the feckin record now and again.

17 hours ago, essex canary said:

If Safe Standing provides a better viewing option for the ladies I will look upon it more enthusiasticly.

In a circumstance where both I and a lady both owned 1,000 shares in NCFC and I had a seating concession and she did not, I approached the Football Club with a proposal to surrender £400 of my seat value if they would grant an equal arrangement for both of us going forward. In a spirit of equality was I right to do so?

I believe she has more pressing matters with a young family now so that proposed arrangement would have been short lived.

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

No competition here, you can post your views as you wish, and are perfectly entitled to do so. It's not about being in the posting charts, I have no idea where I am in those, if I see something I want to post on or reply to I do so. We aren't teenagers here for the likes. 

But I, and others are just as entitled to challenge what people post. It's how a forum works. Sometimes we will agree, sometimes not. That's life. 

Wolfie and I have crossed swords over the OSP model, but I still have respect for him as a fellow poster and certainly giving his time as a volunteer. Same for Lessingham and ncfc star who are also the panel but maybe less evident on this forum. It doesn't mean their input to the OSP is lessened. But your post wasn't about the OSP, I digress. 

Youre a shareholder, as you've mentioned it a few times, and youre feeling aggrieved about how the club have and are treating you, I understand that, but the people on a forum can't change that, no matter how many times you bang the same drum...... 

At least cambridgeshire mixes his numerous threads up! 

As Wolfie said do things that make you happy, be that at ncfc or cufc or some non league clubs. Life is too short to get hung up on the things we cannot change. 

Go well, and hopefully with a skip in your step, and not a stray elbow in your wife's jaw! 

Edited by Greavsy

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

On a human level, I think that would be a very good idea. Consider the amount of energy you've put into trying to hold NCFC to account over the last two decades, and how much end product that has generated compared to the frustration it has clearly caused you.

I think anyone who has studied CUFC's fan engagement will agree that it is excellent, so I hope you enjoy your time at the Abbey Stadium this season (wife and I went for Wes's last game against Cheltenham at the end of last season and had a great day out). Go and do things that make you happy!

What is puzzling is why NCFC needs to change it's approach so much when it had a very good plan in place 20 to 25 years ago but as others have noted on the thread regarding the Marseille friendly today have sacrificed it on the alter of over dominant CEO/DoF etc whilst no effective challenge is visible from Non Executive Directors. Let's hope you are able to make progress, many thanks for trying and happy to salute you if you succeed.

Perhaps open to interpretation but the scores on the doors for paying £10 for watching the Marseille friendly at £10 on the Clubs TV channel appear to be 6 for and 17 against. Perhaps influenced by a French TV option. Leaving that aside I am going to go against though perhaps marginal given it is a prestige friendly.

The 2 issues I refer to below in response to Tilly are of far more significance in my mind as the stress should not be on individuals or families in this way.

Edited by essex canary
rer

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I believe she has more pressing matters with a young family now so that proposed arrangement would have been short lived.

Does that mean such a person can't find time for the football with a childcare arrangement? If you are in that situation with a mortgage every little helps.

For me even that one was topped by the charge for a Supporter of the Year wake as minuted by the Canaries Trust.

These are far worse than charging £10  for watching a Friendly on TV. Whilst the latter is judgemental it is spread evenly and take it or leave it. These 2 issues were not and impact heavily on individuals for Club peanuts.

Edited by essex canary

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Does that mean such a person can't find time for the football with a childcare arrangement? If you are in that situation with a mortgage every little helps.

For me even that one was topped by the charge for a Supporter of the Year wake as minuted by the Canaries Trust.

These are far worse than charging £10  for watching a Friendly on TV. Whilst the latter is judgemental it is spread evenly and take it or leave it. These 2 issues were not and impact heavily on individuals for Club peanuts.

Nurse, nurse he is out of bed again.