Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Free fan event prior to Hibs friendly

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/norwich-city-to-host-fan-event-in-scotland?s=08

Free entry, including a breakfast roll. 

Nice gesture from the club. 

It is a nice gesture for those loyal fans who are spending considerable money supporting the Club in Scotland. 

It sounds a little more extensive than local events held recently so hopefully back to the roadshows of 20 years ago. That was my response to the recent survey question about better fan engagement - back to the future.

So lets get this straight...

Its not ticketed, anybody can turn up, and you get a free bacon roll and coffee.

And there is no danger whatsoever of infiltration by local randomers? 🙂

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So lets get this straight...

Its not ticketed, anybody can turn up, and you get a free bacon roll and coffee.

And there is no danger whatsoever of infiltration by local randomers? 🙂

Still seeing the very best in others TVB!

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

It is a nice gesture for those loyal fans who are spending considerable money supporting the Club in Scotland. 

It sounds a little more extensive than local events held recently so hopefully back to the roadshows of 20 years ago. That was my response to the recent survey question about better fan engagement - back to the future.

Do you whinge and moan about everything? its really getting tedious now, relentless, every single day. 

Its the year 2022, people move around, we have Norwich City fans who already live and work in Scotland, I met 5 from Edinburgh at an away game in the North of England a few years ago. There is a Scottish Canaries facebook group which has been discussing Celtic and Hibs tickets today.

They aren't necessarily spending a "considerable amount of money", they could be hopping on a Sturgeon subsidised bus to the Hibs ground with their £6 match ticket. It must get boring thinking of everything in life in financial terms, 24/7, do you not bore yourself? 

Even Carlisle based fans could get a bus to Glasgow for less than a tenner.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Still seeing the very best in others TVB!

Although you do have a point with this one! 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do you whinge and moan about everything? its really getting tedious now, relentless, every single day. 

Its the year 2022, people move around, we have Norwich City fans who already live and work in Scotland, I met 5 from Edinburgh at an away game in the North of England a few years ago. There is a Scottish Canaries facebook group with 

They aren't necessarily spending a "considerable amount of money", they could be hopping on a Sturgeon subsidised bus to the Hibs ground with their £6 match ticket. It must get boring thinking of everything in life in financial terms, 24/7, do you not bore yourself? 

Although I am intrigued what the Scottish Canaries facebook group has? 

Kilts? Irn Bru? Deep Fried Mars Bars?  

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its the year 2022, people move around, we have Norwich City fans who already live and work in Scotland, I met 5 from Edinburgh at an away game in the North of England a few years ago. There is a Scottish Canaries facebook group with 

Don't think I was moaning about anything in that posting. You are quite correct in that Norwich fans are widely dispursed and all need to be provided for. I am sure that more locally based fans going up to Scotland will also be well represented hence the comment.

If they have brought back the roadshows, delighted to see it. Maybe at first glance Scotland seems a strange first choice. Equally upon reflection I can see the case that it isn't.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Don't think I was moaning about anything in that posting. You are quite correct in that Norwich fans are widely dispursed and all need to be provided for. I am sure that more locally based fans going up to Scotland will also be well represented hence the comment.

If they have brought back the roadshows, delighted to see it. Maybe at first glance Scotland seems a strange first choice. Equally upon reflection I can see the case that it isn't.

There is a new Head of Supporter Engagement.... here's an email sent to the Scottish Supporters group in late June...

Dear xxxxx,
I just wanted to email to introduce myself as the new Head of Supporter Engagement here at Norwich City Football Club.
As a life-long supporter of the Club and former Canaries Trust board member, fan issues have always been a priority for me and that’s why I wanted to reach out on my first week in the office to introduce myself and pass on my contact details.
I also wanted to introduce the role. This is a newly created role, with the aim to provide closer and more strategic interaction and engagement with our supporters and supporter groups. While I am happy to discuss a variety of issues which may be of concern, the role is designed to be a central contact point for significant ‘off the pitch’ issues, so please do continue to direct individual or specific customer service queries to supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you at some point to discuss the role in more detail (perhaps remotely if easier?) and to hear from you on any issues or suggestions you might have. I would also appreciate if you could inform me what day/date your regular meetings are (if any) so that I can try to keep these clear in the diary should you ever wish for me to attend or provide information in time for them.
Contact Details:
Email: elliot.king@canaries.co.uk
Mobile: 0782539xxxx
This is a role I am extremely excited and passionate about, and I look forward to working with you going forward and building this new chapter for supporter relations.
Best,
Elliot
Norwich City Football Club
Elliot King
Head of Supporter Engagement
elliot.king@canaries.co.uk
01603 721902
Lotus Cars
PRINCIPAL CLUB
PARTNER
Norwich City Football Club, Carrow Road, Norwich, NR1 1JE
+44(0)1603 721902
Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Norwich City - A Home for Everyone
Edited by TeemuVanBasten

He's signed it off as 'Best' That cannot be @True Grit could it ? 

His appointment was mentioned in this thread. 

You could have just blown his cover TVB! 

Edited by Greavsy

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Lucky the last digits of his mobile were displayed as XXXX.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lucky the last digits of his mobile were displayed as XXXX.

hadn't spotted that. 

I guess you never lose the skills eh? its a fair cop officer!  

This event prior to the Hibs game smacks of Ben Kensell who was the last fan friendly senior member of staff at NCFC organising this as a gesture rather than it being driven from this end.

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

This event prior to the Hibs game smacks of Ben Kensell who was the last fan friendly senior member of staff at NCFC organising this as a gesture rather than it being driven from this end.

I'd totally forgotten that BK went to Hibs!

To be fair, it could well be that Elliot has done his homework and spoken with Ben, and is looking to build some bridges between club and fans... that is his role, after all. Let's give the new guy a fair crack of the whip and see if he manages to improve things.

It's no secret that BK was outstanding at fan engagement in his time here and that the fan relationship has deteriorated since he left, so reaching out to him would be a smart move. Just speculation on my part, of course, but the email that @TeemuVanBasten posted above looks quite positive to me.

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

the email that @TeemuVanBasten posted above looks quite positive to me.

This forum is really not the place to be positive you know wolfo . Is there no way we can turn this into some kind of c0ck up by the Club. ? Consistency needed. 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

This forum is really not the place to be positive you know wolfo . Is there no way we can turn this into some kind of c0ck up by the Club. ? Consistency needed. 

I'm not interested in polarising debate Corkio, you know that. We don't know how this event came about, but I don't think Tilly is wide of the mark in suggesting that BK was in some way involved in it.

I'll be meeting Elliot at the next OSP meeting in a couple of weeks, so if I get a chance I'll ask him how the event came about. And whatever the answer is, I'm sure we're all agreed that it's a good thing that it's happening.

On 12/07/2022 at 13:57, Greavsy said:

He's signed it off as 'Best' That cannot be @True Grit could it ? 

His appointment was mentioned in this thread. 

Do you seriously think I am going to beat up on a new recruit who puts in many more hours than footballers and earns in a year what many of them earn in a week?

I could always think of a good training exercise. Consider it done.

Just some advice for anyone travelling to Edinburgh for this match - last September we stayed in accommodation near Hibs ground when we went to a wedding.  The accommodation we stayed in looked great on Booking.com's website but in actuality was appalling - felt very unsafe (drug dealing going on outside until early hours), warnings in the flat about security and management virtually uncontactable and unresponsive to complaints.  So if anyone feels tempted I would strongly advise NOT using Lochend Serviced Apartments - have a look at the reviews on Tripadvisor and believe the negative ones!!!!

14 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'd totally forgotten that BK went to Hibs!

To be fair, it could well be that Elliot has done his homework and spoken with Ben, and is looking to build some bridges between club and fans... that is his role, after all. Let's give the new guy a fair crack of the whip and see if he manages to improve things.

It's no secret that BK was outstanding at fan engagement in his time here and that the fan relationship has deteriorated since he left, so reaching out to him would be a smart move. Just speculation on my part, of course, but the email that @TeemuVanBasten posted above looks quite positive to me.

Great credit to BK if that is the case and Elliot too.

Surely Fan Engagement needs also to be embraced higher up the structure so hope others will be present.

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

Great credit to BK if that is the case and Elliot too.

Surely Fan Engagement needs also to be embraced higher up the structure so hope others will be present.

The decision to separate customer services from fan engagement, and to appoint new and separate heads of both, was taken higher up the structure. Plus, Zoe Ward attends all our OSP meetings now. So it's already happening, which is positive. 

Edit: I would add that making the manager and assistant manager available to attend an in-person Q&A with the main supporters' social club is a very positive step.

Edited by Feedthewolf

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

The decision to separate customer services from fan engagement, and to appoint new and separate heads of both, was taken higher up the structure. Plus, Zoe Ward attends all our OSP meetings now. So it's already happening, which is positive. 

Edit: I would add that making the manager and assistant manager available to attend an in-person Q&A with the main supporters' social club is a very positive step.

Thanks Wolfie. I agree that there are positive signs of improvement as you have outlined.

What is difficult to understand though is why, under Ed Balls chairmanship the Club identified the need for the Chief Operating Officer position which is clearly fan focused and then unilaterally deleted the post without fan consultation and whilst operating without a Club Chairman. No insight either into the role of the Audit Committee or it's recently departed Chairman.

Good to see that you are making some progress in re-building. Can we make sure we have some stronger foundations as well?

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks Wolfie. I agree that there are positive signs of improvement as you have outlined.

What is difficult to understand though is why, under Ed Balls chairmanship the Club identified the need for the Chief Operating Officer position which is clearly fan focused and then unilaterally deleted the post without fan consultation and whilst operating without a Club Chairman. No insight either into the role of the Audit Committee or it's recently departed Chairman.

Good to see that you are making some progress in re-building. Can we make sure we have some stronger foundations as well?

Just to be clear next week's fans forum has been arranged by NCFSC, with assistance from Dan Houlker at the club. 

The OSP (who Wolfie represents) had nothing to do with this, and it would appear nor the Hibs social either. 

Not bashing the OSP, as now they are more established, am looking for some continued good work from them, and am keenly awaiting the agenda (possibly?) / minutes for their upcoming meeting. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just to be clear next week's fans forum has been arranged by NCFSC, with assistance from Dan Houlker at the club. 

The OSP (who Wolfie represents) had nothing to do with this, and it would appear nor the Hibs social either. 

Not bashing the OSP, as now they are more established, am looking for some continued good work from them, and am keenly awaiting the agenda (possibly?) / minutes for their upcoming meeting. 

I was responding to Wolfie in the context of him being an OSP representative.

No 'bashing' going on but pointing out that it would be good to see that what the OSP achieves can be built to last.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

I was responding to Wolfie in the context of him being an OSP representative.

No 'bashing' going on but pointing out that it would be good to see that what the OSP achieves can be built to last.

Agreed,

I was pointing out that the two events mentioned had nothing to do with the OSP. 

The "bashing" comment wasn't directed at you, was about me, as it's something I've been accused of previously, which tbf at the time was understandable. We have moved on. Lots of love for Wolfie (or Fred as I affectionately call him!). 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2022 at 13:23, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its the year 2022, people move around, we have Norwich City fans who already live and work in Scotland, I met 5 from Edinburgh at an away game in the North of England a few years ago. There is a Scottish Canaries facebook group which has been discussing Celtic and Hibs tickets today.

Even Carlisle based fans could get a bus to Glasgow for less than a tenner.

Good to read it. Scotland still benefits from the Barnett formula of government resource allocation designed in the 1960's which results in the country being able to provide far more reasonably priced public transport than in relatively rural areas of England where more informal arrangements have long since been destroyed by brazenly vote seeking or retaining governments.

Where I would feel some sympathy for the Scots in addition to many regions of England is on the subject of Sky TV subscriptions. If only they were distributed back to the same regions of the country in alignment with the addresses of the subscribers. Delia could front the campaign. May help solve Norwich City's financial challenge plus many more Clubs alongside acquiring astro turf pitches for every sizeable town and village. Perhaps it will also deflate footballer and agent salaries? Another consultancy job for Bojo to deliver levelling up for real. Perhaps I will leave that last bit out.

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Agreed,

I was pointing out that the two events mentioned had nothing to do with the OSP. 

The "bashing" comment wasn't directed at you, was about me, as it's something I've been accused of previously, which tbf at the time was understandable. We have moved on. Lots of love for Wolfie (or Fred as I affectionately call him!). 

Thank you for a very constructive response.

33 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

@Greavsy, well said the fans forum has been arranged by the NCFSC with support from Dan Houlker, and has absolutely nothing to do with the OSP same with the Hibs event.  Im sure the club once the new man gets settled in will announce their plans about future fans engagement forums / meetings. i believe the club have already started to meet with various fans groups /representatives. Big steps already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thank you for a very constructive response.

Thank you for your patronizing one! 

I note you haven't replied on the away fans thread as yet. 

5 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

@Greavsy, well said the fans forum has been arranged by the NCFSC with support from Dan Houlker, and has absolutely nothing to do with the OSP same with the Hibs event.  Im sure the club once the new man gets settled in will announce their plans about future fans engagement forums / meetings. i believe the club have already started to meet with various fans groups /representatives. Big steps already.

Cheers Lessingham, appreciate your response. 

It's a results business, so sharing your enthusiasm at seeing some from the OSP in due course. 

I accept some are slow burners too.