Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Forest really splashing the cash

14 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ll bet you they won’t. 

I still can't see 3 worse teams than Forest. Bournemouth is one. Everton maybe, but probably not. Leicester and Villa have started badly, as have Wolves but they all have much better players, proven in the EPL. Fulham have bought better than Forest and I think have the best chance of the promoted clubs.

Forest, despite their spending, don't have a goalscorer. They should have come for Pukki, but didn't. He would have kept them up.

23 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I still can't see 3 worse teams than Forest. Bournemouth is one. Everton maybe, but probably not. Leicester and Villa have started badly, as have Wolves but they all have much better players, proven in the EPL. Fulham have bought better than Forest and I think have the best chance of the promoted clubs.

Forest, despite their spending, don't have a goalscorer. They should have come for Pukki, but didn't. He would have kept them up.

I'm surprised that with all the money they have and spent they didn't sign a proven top level goal scorer. Fulham have Mitrovic and are adopting a more direct style to create chances for him.

Wolves don't look very good at all this season but often start slowly.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fulham and Forest to both stay up. 

For that to happen two very big clubs will have to come down. I just don't see it.

On 02/09/2022 at 11:04, A Load of Squit said:

If they do go down I'm sure they'll point to the failure to bring in Batshuayi.

He would've really made them a force to be reckoned with. Probably the final piece in the jigsaw, definitely a statement of intent, never has a club shown that they really want to make a go of it.

But now that deal has fallen through all the good work to get to this point could come tumbling down like a pack of cards, you have to feel sorry for them, they were so close but without Batshuayi it all seems a bit pointless.

Steve Cooper has the unenviable task of breaking the Batshuayi news to the squad in training this morning, I understand several grief councillors are available for the players, let's hope they pull through.   

Batshuayi would've made the difference today.

On 03/09/2022 at 18:45, Capt. Pants said:

Down without so much of a sniff.  

Hilarious.

Hmmmmm..........

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Must say I am rather glad I don't have to keep updating this thread every other day with the newest player Forest had brought in.. It really did get quite tiresome

You might get the opportunity to do it with each new manager they go for though!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Must say I am rather glad I don't have to keep updating this thread every other day with the newest player Forest had brought in.. It really did get quite tiresome

Your idea of updating a thread is to start a new one.

On 12/07/2022 at 11:50, Keith Scott said:

Big club mentality. Rewarding the fans by taking the Premier League seriously.

Good luck to them.

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

Working well eh ‘Big’ Keith Scott?

Next three games they need at least 6 points before they play Liverpool and Arsenal.

It just shows that you can spend loads of money and stink out the Premier League you can also spend no money and stink out the Premier League.