Sign in to follow this  
pete

Away Members

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

I feel like Joey Barton. 

Here's hoping you don't look like him too...

15 hours ago, essex canary said:

OK. Maybe I have cut him too much slack. He was persistently standing adjacent to a seat he hadn't been allocated aided by the empty seats. He was breaking ground regulations. As Dean Smith alluded to recently it may not have been fair to expect the Watford stewards to deal with. 

The blanket brigade I sat next to at Leeds didn't break ground regulations. Which is worse?

'clown' is a term of endearment for Boris Johnson. Oops! That could be the ultimate insult.

What ground regulations was he breaking?  Many people, if not most, stand at away grounds and it is the stewards’ job to enforce the no standing rule but they rarely do.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Here's hoping you don't look like him too...

You'll get a straight red and hauled in front of the disciplinary committee for that comment. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

You'll get a straight red and hauled in front of the disciplinary committee for that comment. 

What, ref?! I was wishing the best for you! I wouldn't inflict that face on my worst enemy! 😂

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What, ref?! I was wishing the best for you! I wouldn't inflict that face on my worst enemy! 😂

Sounds like a frivolous appeal to me..... 

I sentance you to an evening with @essex canary

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

What ground regulations was he breaking?  Many people, if not most, stand at away grounds and it is the stewards’ job to enforce the no standing rule but they rarely do.

The rule of Essex. 

Sounds like a frivolous appeal to me..... 

I sentance you to an evening with @essex canary

I'll take it. I hear that Cambridge is nice this time of year.

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'll take it. I hear that Cambridge is nice this time of year.

Oooooph, I wouldn't wish that on you. That's too much my friend. 

Im not an animal. 

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

As far as I am aware ground regulations require spectators to be seated though I am happy to be informed otherwise if I am wrong.

As I first stated there is a sense in which I am prepared to cut him some slack as we all know many people wish to stand and if such a group who all want that are crowded together then why not bend the rules a little.

However if it is obvious that people nearby would be struggling to stand and/or the actions are oblivious to sensible Health and Safety concerns then surely such behaviour is anti-social and Clubs must reasonably have a responsibility to stamp it out?

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

As far as I am aware ground regulations require spectators to be seated though I am happy to be informed otherwise if I am wrong.

As I first stated there is a sense in which I am prepared to cut him some slack as we all know many people wish to stand and if such a group who all want that are crowded together then why not bend the rules a little.

However if it is obvious that people nearby would be struggling to stand and/or the actions are oblivious to sensible Health and Safety concerns then surely such behaviour is anti-social and Clubs must reasonably have a responsibility to stamp it out?

You’re not wrong-but I think the majority of our fans (including me) stand up at away matches. The stewards rarely do anything, other than an occasional half-hearted request for people to sit down, because there are so many fans who do it that they wouldn’t be able to enforce it.

What are the Health and Safety concerns about standing at matches?

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

You’re not wrong-but I think the majority of our fans (including me) stand up at away matches. The stewards rarely do anything, other than an occasional half-hearted request for people to sit down, because there are so many fans who do it that they wouldn’t be able to enforce it.

What are the Health and Safety concerns about standing at matches?

My wife getting elbowed in the jaw with him totally oblivious to what had happened or whether he was likely to do it again.

The fun police are out today! 

I have a vision of Essex turning up to an away game complete with clipboard.....................

Just think what happens on the rare occasion we score, the scenes and pandemonium. Carnage would ensue, with lots of tutting and head shaking. 
Will you be standing to watch the horses race @ Newmarket later this month?  

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

My wife getting elbowed in the jaw with him totally oblivious to what had happened or whether he was likely to do it again.

Obviously that is not pleasant-but that could have just as easily have happened if he had been sitting couldn’t it?

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Obviously that is not pleasant-but that could have just as easily have happened if he had been sitting couldn’t it?

Thats a good point. Mr A. 

Also if the alleged perpetrator was standing and elbowed Mrs Essex in the jaw, surely she must have been standing too at the time, and thus in breach of H&S regulations too. If she was sitting, his elbow would have been above her head...... 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Thats a good point. Mr A. 

Also if the alleged perpetrator was standing and elbowed Mrs Essex in the jaw, surely she must have been standing too at the time, and thus in breach of H&S regulations too. If she was sitting, his elbow would have been above her head...... 

You are correct but would have had zero vision of the game if remaining seated which would have been the preference. The incident happened in the second half after the culprit moved down into vacant rows at half time.

36 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You are correct but would have had zero vision of the game if remaining seated which would have been the preference. The incident happened in the second half after the culprit moved down into vacant rows at half time.

Ahhh the old im not complying because they're aren't complying defence. 

Its not fair.

Or my fault.

Do you realise I'm a shareholder......

55 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Ahhh the old im not complying because they're aren't complying defence. 

Its not fair.

Or my fault.

Do you realise I'm a shareholder......

Not an experienced away supporter are you otherwise perhaps you would realise that people don't pay money for tickets, travel expenses, hotels and away memberships just to watch other people's rare ends unless you are Chris Pincher in disguise.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Not an experienced away supporter are you otherwise perhaps you would realise that people don't pay money for tickets, travel expenses, hotels and away memberships just to watch other people's rare ends unless you are Chris Pincher in disguise.

Every time I have been away, I have stood as has EVERYONE else in the away end. 

Every single time. 

Every time I have been away, I have stood as has EVERYONE else in the away end. 

Every single time. 

Fine for you but even if people at times stand at a moment of high tension,  it is simply not remotely true that everyone is continuously standing at away games as these guys were.

I don't know how tall you are. My wife isn't very tall. Such behaviour makes viewing the match very difficult for shorter people and/ or children. I suspect even you would be sensitive to people of that nature trying to watch a game.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Fine for you but even if people at times stand at a moment of high tension,  it is simply not remotely true that everyone is continuously standing at away games as these guys were.

I don't know how tall you are. My wife isn't very tall. Such behaviour makes viewing the match very difficult for shorter people and/ or children. I suspect even you would be sensitive to people of that nature trying to watch a game.

Every single person stands at away games. Every. Single. One. 

FYI I have been to The Hawthorns x2, Watford (the time the coach got stoned on the way back), Villa Park x2 and Swansea from memory. 

My lad was in the so called "elite 750" away fans, and he assures me every away game he has been to, and there are many, is the same too. 

So yet again Essex you are wrong,  unless it's different for shareholders. 

Edited by Greavsy

11 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Every single person stands at away games. Every. Single. One. 

FYI I have been to The Hawthorns x2, Watford (the time the coach got stoned on the way back), Villa Park x2 and Swansea from memory. 

My lad was in the so called "elite 750" away fans, and he assures me every away game he has been to, and there are many, is the same too. 

So yet again Essex you are wrong,  unless it's different for shareholders. 

TBF last season as we were so **** to watch we didn't fill our allocated space, so you could sit if you wanted - but then  you would not have had the annoying bloke in the next seat with his elbows out either celebrating a goal. Let's hope for plenty more elbowing incidents every game this season! 😉 

Just now, shefcanary said:

TBF last season as we were so **** to watch we didn't fill our allocated space, so you could sit if you wanted - but then  you would not have had the annoying bloke in the next seat with his elbows out either celebrating a goal. Let's hope for plenty more elbowing incidents every game this season! 😉 

Hear hear! 

I think Mrs Essex deserves a medal, maybe two.. 

One for putting up with him! 

And secondly for getting in the way of an elbow that he must surely have been the intended target (if it was a deliberate act of course). 

I jest, of course. 

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hear hear! 

I think Mrs Essex deserves a medal, maybe two.. 

One for putting up with him! 

And secondly for getting in the way of an elbow that he must surely have been the intended target (if it was a deliberate act of course). 

I jest, of course. 

The initial point is about people taking drugs at matches.

No real problem with people standing. It is what real football is about before the introduction of the cinematic experience. A little surprised at how many of you imply that you have defied the latter at the likes of Spurs and West Ham.

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The initial point is about people taking drugs at matches.

The op was actually  from Pete, and was this  - 

Got my home membership today.  In the 5+ group but noticed   away members Sales Groups based on the number of  home fixtures attended.  Surely this an error and ought to be based on away fixtures.  Correct me if I am wrong this seems nonsensical but this is NCFC so pack may be cortrect. 

which, to be fair you did respond to. 

it then got into a discussion about membership cards, and only one person having ever seen one, being used away at Chelsea for (alleged) drug purposes - and that person didnt stop anyone else gaining access, despite your accusation of such. 

You have also said - 

You are correct but would have had zero vision of the game if remaining seated which would have been the preference.

but have now followed it up with this comment 

No real problem with people standing. It is what real football is about before the introduction of the cinematic experience.

So which is it? or do you just like to be provocative for the sake of it ? 

I accept certain parts of the thread have not been reflected in my synopsis (ie Mr Roeders horseracing charity fund raiser for example)

Personally I cannot comment either way on attendances at West Ham or Spurs' new grounds and your comment relating to those , as I have been to neither. 

12 hours ago, essex canary said:

Well i went to 13 away games last season and 17 in the previous pre covid season and you are talking complete nonsense as everybody stands throughout the game. Rather tiresome for us Coffin Dodgers but if you wish to see the game you have to stand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Personally I cannot comment either way on attendances at West Ham or Spurs' new grounds and your comment relating to those , as I have been to neither. 

Well let me help you out there Greavsy as i have been to both twice and you stand throughout the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well let me help you out there Greavsy as i have been to both twice and you stand throughout the game.

Much obliged officer! 

Did you witness any drug taking, or elbowing at either venue?

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well i went to 13 away games last season and 17 in the previous pre covid season and you are talking complete nonsense as everybody stands throughout the game. Rather tiresome for us Coffin Dodgers but if you wish to see the game you have to stand.

Rather dissapointing then that the Clubs' don't just remove the seats and allow many other people to enjoy the football at a more modest admission price? They could still leave a few seats behind for people who have that preference.

28 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Much obliged officer! 

Did you witness any drug taking, or elbowing at either venue?

Not sure that the police crime clear up rate is at an all time high these days but Tilly maybe able to clarify. 

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Rather dissapointing then that the Clubs' don't just remove the seats and allow many other people to enjoy the football at a more modest admission price? They could still leave a few seats behind for people who have that preference.

That would be against health and safety - unless they replaced them with 'Safe Standing' areas, which has already been discussed on other thread, but whilst comes at an expense to the clubs, doesnt increase capacity. keep up. 😉 

• Like 1