Sign in to follow this  
pete

Away Members

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Looking foward to your posts on how cambridge are getting it right...... 

The guy who sits next to me at Cambridge moans about their Director of Football because he feels he doesn't merit his £100k a year salary. Most of the players get about the same, some less. Their whole wage bill could well be very similar to our senior management pay bill. They won away at Newcastle, Wigan and Ipswich last season. Their 80 per cent majority owners mum goes to the matches. There are only 2 other entries on the Share Register, 2 American guys who own 10 per cent. Supporter Engagement is considered one of the best in the country though based on our rating it is hard to trust those entirely. No away members scheme. Standing is available at just over 80% of the cost of wing seats. Ground is archaic and traditional though an improvement plan is in place.

7 minutes ago, GMF said:

I don’t think your answer bears any relationship to my previous post! 🤷‍♂️

Just listing the issues that lawyers could get involved in when things become stupid.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The guy who sits next to me at Cambridge moans about their Director of Football because he feels he doesn't merit his £100k a year salary. Most of the players get about the same, some less. Their whole wage bill could well be very similar to our senior management pay bill. They won away at Newcastle, Wigan and Ipswich last season. Their 80 per cent majority owners mum goes to the matches. There are only 2 other entries on the Share Register, 2 American guys who own 10 per cent. Supporter Engagement is considered one of the best in the country though based on our rating it is hard to trust those entirely. No away members scheme. Standing is available at just over 80% of the cost of wing seats. Ground is archaic and traditional though an improvement plan is in place.

Will you be buying 44 seats there too?

I expect a bond issue to feature in your reply........

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

I don't think the answer is 'all'. Maybe many have but in general they have taken the line of agreeing to disagree as distinct from using words like 'hypocrit'. 

Can you name any who have agreed with you?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GMF said:

I don’t think your answer bears any relationship to my previous post! 🤷‍♂️

Can't believe that from an Essex response ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Will you be buying 44 seats there too?

I expect a bond issue to feature in your reply........

The risk is what you appear to see today won't necessarily be what happens tomorrow. 

There is no evidence that they are seeking to expand their number of shareholders or pursue fan finance schemes. Perhaps the 3 shareholders can resolve what needs to be done whilst engaging fully with fans?

41 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't know whether the club receives any revenue at all from selling tickets for away games. If it does, this should cover any admin fees (except postage). If it doesn't, a small handling charge would seem sensible to make sure that the club doesn't lose out - to cover postage, credit card fees etc. A booking fee seems sensible to me.

The old away season ticket scheme provided people with a service namely every ticket delivered direct to the door. Charging the same fee for what is being done now (essentially a DIY service) can't be justified in comparison.

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The old away season ticket scheme provided people with a service namely every ticket delivered direct to the door. Charging the same fee for what is being done now (essentially a DIY service) can't be justified in comparison.

youre not comparing like with like, as per. 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Maybe I got my wires crossed but I know you don't like leaving behind unanswered questions. I think that one is still outstanding and does get back or at least close to the main theme of this thread. 

I think this is what they call a riddle me this, riddle me that answer.

39 minutes ago, essex canary said:

You obviously are aware that buying tickets for theatre or a gig attract a booking fee/admin charge ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously are aware that buying tickets for theatre or a gig attract a booking fee/admin charge ?

And certainly the Theatre Royal has a chargeable membership scheme for people who want advance booking opportunities.   

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I concede to not having a full picture of the history of NCFC booking fees.

As the Club history expert perhaps you can supply an analysis of the additional booking fees that were applied under the old Away Season ticket scheme relative to the now Away Members scheme?

I am thinking there isn't a significant difference but maybe I am wrong.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think this is what they call a riddle me this, riddle me that answer.

You will decline that one then because you agree with me but can't be seen to admit it.

Just now, essex canary said:

You will decline that one then because you agree with me but can't be seen to admit it.

Oh dear. 

18 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Beyond ridiculous yet again.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Beyond ridiculous yet again.

Tbf to him, he is consistent. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Tbf to him, he is consistent. 

Consistently, tedious.... Hang on, weren't we here before?

18 hours ago, Greavsy said:

And certainly the Theatre Royal has a chargeable membership scheme for people who want advance booking opportunities.   

Do they have a scheme for the right to watch performances at other theatres?

38 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Do they have a scheme for the right to watch performances at other theatres?

The alternative would be that you had to join the membership scheme at every theatre in the country.

10 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The alternative would be that you had to join the membership scheme at every theatre in the country.

The Theatre Royal have missed a trick then. They need to take on a little of Norwich City's financial ingenuity. 

I wonder how Ben is enjoying his time in Scotland?

4 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Just got my away members pack - genuinely useful gift included for once (can’t say i wore last year’s socks much). 

I know, my only concern is that everyone in the house will be trying to nab it. The socks, not so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Just got my away members pack - genuinely useful gift included for once (can’t say i wore last year’s socks much). 

Yes, mine arrived today (shareholder benefit, natch).  As you say a genuinely useful gift which is going to keep my desk tidy and will be especially useful on away trips, as only need the one connector now.  Top marks to whoever sourced that at the club!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Yes, mine arrived today (shareholder benefit, natch).  As you say a genuinely useful gift which is going to keep my desk tidy and will be especially useful on away trips, as only need the one connector now.  Top marks to whoever sourced that at the club!

Free away memberships for Shareholders?

Just when I was thinking of writing to them and suggest that they  pledge all the Away Member procedures to the Glenn Roeder fund with his raceday being at Newmarket on 23 July. Maybe I will do that anyway and pay. Football Clubs need to be seen to do much more re brain conditions.

I guess you are getting more freebies than some shareholders with 1,000 shares Shef. 

Well done for getting them to comply with their regulations.

Got my Away membership pack today too. If the multi connector actually works it’s a great item. I have worn last year’s socks once, the silk scarf went in the bin! I also like the guide to away grounds booklet-very useful 👍

Just a couple of questions about the membership card. The letter says that they’re not sending a new card this year if you had one in 2021/22. I can’t remember what the 2021/22 card looked like-was it the “Pledge Your Pride” one? If not, what was it? Also, do we need the card anyway? Does it have any practical use?

20 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Got my Away membership pack today too. If the multi connector actually works it’s a great item. I have worn last year’s socks once, the silk scarf went in the bin! I also like the guide to away grounds booklet-very useful 👍

Just a couple of questions about the membership card. The letter says that they’re not sending a new card this year if you had one in 2021/22. I can’t remember what the 2021/22 card looked like-was it the “Pledge Your Pride” one? If not, what was it? Also, do we need the card anyway? Does it have any practical use?

as far as I  am aware the membership card (if there was one issued) serves no practical use as away tickets are usually purchased using the supporter number which had the details loaded onto it. 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

as far as I  am aware the membership card (if there was one issued) serves no practical use as away tickets are usually purchased using the supporter number which had the details loaded onto it. 

You’re supposed to carry it with you to away games, but the only time I’ve seen one “in action” was last season, at Chelsea, in the gents toilet, to align white powder on the back of a mobile, just prior to a snorting activity, allegedly 😉 👃

23 minutes ago, GMF said:

You’re supposed to carry it with you to away games, but the only time I’ve seen one “in action” was last season, at Chelsea, in the gents toilet, to align white powder on the back of a mobile, just prior to a snorting activity, allegedly 😉 👃

...When other supporters were denied the opportunity to go.

Any possibility of some influence on my previous posting in response to Shef?

I realise it is challenging when the Club operates without a Chairman etc. but clearly a Corporate Governance issue.

Edited by essex canary

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

When other supporters were denied the opportunity to go.

Eh? 

One away member isn't denying others of going. Or am I being dim?

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Eh? 

One away member isn't denying others of going. Or am I being dim?

You’re being dim @Greavsy, 😜 everyone knows that the Club didn’t consult Essex prior to taking a reduced allocation! 😜

• Haha 1