Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Bye bye Mumba

People pooh-poohed me when I said this was going to happen. It's happened. Like Martin. Anyone who can actually do anything with a football rather than look good on a spreadsheet.

He’s going on loan, which makes perfect sense.  He looked just about ok for Peterborough on loan, do you think that makes him ‘right’ for a side wanting to look for promotion?

Edited by Branston Pickle

Why do you think we're looking for promotion? We were one of the crappest teams to ever play in the PL last season. Our squad is much, much worse than it was two years ago and our manager isn't as good at this level.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Good. We've not always given young players enough game time due to the stresses of the Premier League, or indeed when chasing promotion in the Championship. A full season down a division worked wonders for Godfrey, and Mumba needs a good, long run of games.

Given we have Aarons and Byram ahead of him, makes sense because he simply ain't going to be getting much game time here. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a future here, just means he needs to be going out and playing games regularly in order to develop

8 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Agreed, the need to shave a bit off to get the Brazilian is very real

Tell me you haven’t been waiting for an opportunity to use that 

51 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Why do you think we're looking for promotion? We were one of the crappest teams to ever play in the PL last season. Our squad is much, much worse than it was two years ago and our manager isn't as good at this level.

All The Idiots Idiot Villages GIF - All The Idiots Idiot Villages Idiot Worlds GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can call me an idiot as much as you like. But if you seriously don't think that last season we were one of the worst teams ever to play in the PL, I'm not the one who's short of grey matter.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Tell me you haven’t been waiting for an opportunity to use that 

I have, and finally the moment arrived.

As you can tell my sense of both humour and timing is appalling.... Guilty as charged!

1 hour ago, Nora's Ghost said:

League One here we come.

No local derby match next season then.....

At least you’ve got Cambridge 

League One here we come.

What you have said doesn't make sense to anyone but a Bindipper. You've outed yourself , unless you are saying 1p5wich will also be relegated.?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks to me that Aarons will be staying then.

Doubt it. We'll just sign a replacement once he's gone.

League One here we come.

If by ‘here we come’ you mean your team (Ipswich) will be staying in league 1 then I should point out that it’s better to say ‘league one here we are’

Seriously though, you think Mumba holds the key to avoiding being relegated? How did that go for Peterborough? Good prospect, play him at that level to give him confidence battering binners and competing with Martin to show how players that can’t quite make it with us are still more than capable of bossing the dross that Ipswich can’t seem to get past year after year 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

He’s going on loan, which makes perfect sense.  He looked just about ok for Peterborough on loan, do you think that makes him ‘right’ for a side wanting to look for promotion?

What he did at the Posh isn't the be all though. Remember he was playing for a team with less talent. I would defy Luke Shaw to have looked good in our team last year.

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

You can call me an idiot as much as you like. But if you seriously don't think that last season we were one of the worst teams ever to play in the PL, I'm not the one who's short of grey matter.

We were one of the worst ever premier league teams when we were relegated 3 seasons ago with 21 pts and won the league the following season with 97 pts.

Last season we ended up with one more point than than that team with 22

• Thanks 1

OK, come back one year from now and see if we have 97 points, or even anywhere near that total. I don't want to be unfair; I'll go down as low as 90 points. If we have 90 points, you win; if we don't, I win.

25 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

We just need him to be a better Brazilian than when Stevie Wonder shaved his wife's...

Actually spilt hot coffee down myself there due to uncontrollable giggling, touché! 🙂

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I would think so based on this. To be honest Aarons wasn't that good this season, and most PL sides are well stocked on RBs 

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I don't want to be unfair; I'll go down as low as 90 points. If we have 90 points, you win; if we don't, I win.

Wow, that's some epic semi action there.  Hats off, man. 

25 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Actually spilt hot coffee down myself there due to uncontrollable giggling, touché! 🙂

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well looks like if Aarons does go we will bring in a new RB which was obvious anyway. 

Basically our talented kids are being sacrificed for financial reasons because we are stuck with deadwood like Placheta and Sinani on the payroll (and yes, I know that Placheta is out on loan, but doubt they are paying much more than a fraction of his salary).

Mumba and Martin are victims of our poor recruitment. Famewo probably isn't quite good enough, but have to wonder whether he'd have got a spot in our squad if we weren't stuck paying Zimmerframe.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Basically our talented kids are being sacrificed for financial reasons because we are stuck with deadwood like Placheta and Sinani on the payroll (and yes, I know that Placheta is out on loan, but doubt they are paying much more than a fraction of his salary).

Mumba and Martin are victims of our poor recruitment. Famewo probably isn't quite good enough, but have to wonder whether he'd have got a spot in our squad if we weren't stuck paying Zimmerframe.

You have zero evidence for this. It’s equally likely, I would say more likely that they (Mumba and Martin) are either not good enough or not ready enough.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You have zero evidence for this. It’s equally likely, I would say more likely that they (Mumba and Martin) are either not good enough or not ready enough.

We've seen plenty of evidence, on the pitch, that Josh Martin offers more than Placheta. Our eyes don't deceive us. 

• Like 1