7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be a bit odd giving him a number if we were planning on selling him.. Then again he has been relegated twice now once from the German divison and then from the Prem so maybe his stock is not as high as it once was and he's had no callers?

I think it is pretty much irrelevant whether he is given a number or not, he is on our books so they gave him a number, he could still go tomorrow if the deal is right.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If the right offer comes in, I'm sure he will be off... but if it doesn't he'll likely be a key player for us.  He's our player atm, so I don't see why we'd not give him his preferred number, plan on him staying, but also have a plan B in backup in case he doesn't.

Certainly that over 'his heart might not be in it, let's alienate him and then make him unhappy if he does end up staying'. 

6 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I think it is pretty much irrelevant whether he is given a number or not, he is on our books so they gave him a number, he could still go tomorrow if the deal is right.  

Exactly, these are only temporary.  I don't know when the deadline is for final squad #'s - but guess it's after the window closes.

Still good to see him with the #7 though, proper number that one! 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be a bit odd giving him a number if we were planning on selling him.. Then again he has been relegated twice now once from the German divison and then from the Prem so maybe his stock is not as high as it once was and he's had no callers?

I believe that all clubs have to announce their squad numbers for the upcoming season to the FA by a certain date. Transfers can still be made as the window is still open, it’s just the clubs have to alert the FA of any more signings/departures

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Exactly, these are only temporary.  I don't know when the deadline is for final squad #'s - but guess it's after the window closes.

Still good to see him with the #7 though, proper number that one! 🙂

I agree that you can't really take anything solid from these numbers until that window is shut. However I do feel if there was a big probability he wasn't going to be here, there would be plenty of players staying who would want to move to 7. If he was very likely to go we might as well leave him on 17.

I see Springett and Rowe are both playing for the u23s today. We are pretty stacked in the wide positions currently and the only way you'd see them getting a chance is if we were to lose a few in that area. Rowe is probably slightly ahead of Springett but loans might be best for both of them as to not halt their progress.

Was never going anywhere, only very brief glimpses of why we paid his transfer fee.  Don't expect any other clubs would pay the silly money.  Only getting good vibes at City because everyone else so poor last season.  A good Championship season might attract suitors, lets hope so and he can become a mini cash cow for City.  Needs to do more goals and assists a modest requisite if ever going to get a move upwards.

Nice to see him get a traditional winger number but I would have preferred him to get #11 as he usually plays on the left and Placheta who held that number last season has gone out on loan. Mind you, Huckerby was #6 for the whole of his career with us, which is often given to a CB (Zimmerman has it at the moment)

Maybe he requested #7 as that was his number at Werder Bremen

He was going, but they offered him the number 7 shirt and first dibs at the post match cake, so he’s decided to stay now…..as long as he gets the biggest slice….

Just now, astro said:

He was going, but they offered him the number 7 shirt and first dibs at the post match cake, so he’s decided to stay now…..as long as he gets the biggest slice….

Gotta have some scampi in the offer too surely? 

He has a 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Gotta have some scampi in the offer too surely? 

Scampi in a cake? 🤮

1 hour ago, Newtopia said:

Its more the fact that he has changed numbers from last season, to take one of the more prestigious squad numbers.  If they were actively trying to move him on, then they would have left that number open or allowed one of the others to take it.  Doesnt mean he wont move, but looks a lot less likely based off this new IMO.

34 minutes ago, pete said:

Was never going anywhere, only very brief glimpses of why we paid his transfer fee.  Don't expect any other clubs would pay the silly money.  Only getting good vibes at City because everyone else so poor last season.  A good Championship season might attract suitors, lets hope so and he can become a mini cash cow for City.  Needs to do more goals and assists a modest requisite if ever going to get a move upwards.

But is he a mini cash cow or a far away cash cow?

1A7ADA64-2684-4A90-8B90-C4C8B086A4DB.jpeg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, astro said:

He has a 

Scampi in a cake? 🤮

You filthy animal. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BSEYELLOW said:

Its more the fact that he has changed numbers from last season, to take one of the more prestigious squad numbers.  If they were actively trying to move him on, then they would have left that number open or allowed one of the others to take it.  Doesnt mean he wont move, but looks a lot less likely based off this new IMO.

Agreed with this,

It's a positive sign.

6 hours ago, BSEYELLOW said:

Placenta has already gone and it seems Smith wants to offload Tzolis. Given all that, It didn’t seem likely we would get rid of Rashica as well, leaving ourselves with only the pedestrian Hernandez as an experienced winger.

Perhaps we've convinced him to stay, if we can keep Pukki here and sign decent prospects like Hayden and Sara it's not going to do Rashica's career much harm if he can rip up the championship next season. His stock is probably fairly low after the disaster of last season, and it's probably his best chance of getting another crack at the premier League

9 hours ago, astro said:

He has a 

Scampi in a cake? 🤮

Fishcake? With scampi in it?

• Like 1

On 07/07/2022 at 14:20, cornish sam said:

Steve Vai 

Also would have accepted Tosin Abasi.

6 minutes ago, chicken said:

Fishcake? With scampi in it?

My sister in law actually thought scampi was an animal,but she could not say what kind, she likes scampi, but not prawns, she is a schoolteacher. God help us.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

My sister in law actually thought scampi was an animal,but she could not say what kind, she likes scampi, but not prawns, she is a schoolteacher. God help us.

Is that because there was a Scampi puppet in Fingerbobs? 

12 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Is that because there was a Scampi puppet in Fingerbobs? 

That's something I can neither confirm or deny. 

FFS - here was no scampi involved ok!!! Just cake, predominately carrot cake as the Black Forest gateau is Zimbo’s, and the carrot cake is shared between the caber to$$ers.

NO

SCAMPI

😂

16 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Placenta has already gone and it seems Smith wants to offload Tzolis. Given all that, It didn’t seem likely we would get rid of Rashica as well, leaving ourselves with only the pedestrian Hernandez as an experienced winger.

The front page article on Sara says Smith is currently assessing Hernandez and Sinani during pre season. Given he's publicly praised Sinani (and not Onel yet, to my knowledge), I think Onel might have a lot of work to do.

16 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Another argument for Rashica is that in the Bundesliga he sometimes played as kind of wing-striker, so the hope may be he will have some goals in him this season.

If Bailey is right and we have pretty much used up the budget with Sara then that would leave us with only Hugill and Idah as back-up to Pukki, and I think I am not alone in having doubts about both of those…

A couple of superb crosses to Hugill yesterday, from the right hand side. Good old fashioned wing play outfoxed Marseille, perhaps a good omen for the Chumps.  I don't see him being shifted now.

Apropos of nothing I did see a young kid wearing a Rashica top in Welwyn Garden, which is akin to seeing the Pope in your local Co-op.😀👍

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

Apropos of nothing I did see a young kid wearing a Rashica top in Welwyn Garden, which is akin to seeing the Pope in your local Co-op.😀👍

Mebbe the kid was Kosovan, or had Kosovan parents? There's quite the diaspora of Kosovans, especially in Switzerland and Germany, and I think a fair few got to London too.