Note he's now wearing the no7 shirt, would he bother changing number if he was planning on leaving? 

FB_IMG_1657193022482.jpg

He will tear up the Championship IMO so I hope so personally. Think he just didn’t settle last year and tactics weren’t right, he looks like he has PL quality and we need to keep that if we want to get promoted and do better next time.

• Like 2

One who isn't is Mumba, going on loan to Plymouth. A season playing regularly in league one will do him good and just what he needed.

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Note he's now wearing the no7 shirt, would he bother changing number if he was planning on leaving? 

FB_IMG_1657193022482.jpg

That isn't Rashica. Its Karl Urban

Again... who wants a man with back to back relegations who did not shine in the Prem?
People keep fretting about his future with us and over estimate his stock. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Again... who wants a man with back to back relegations who did not shine in the Prem?

It's because he's still very highly rated in Germany and the thought was he might want to go back to Bundesliga - although i'd argue the teams interested in buying him would be unlikely to have the money we'd require.

41 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Who's fretting? 

28 minutes ago, Bert said:

Only good news if he really wants to be here 

Like everyone in the UK 'wants' to be in the job they're in? 🙂

What's important is his performance and commitment.  If we're aiming to become established in a league of mercenaries... then, guess what?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bert said:

Only good news if he really wants to be here 

No footballer 'wants to be here" - they are here to collect as high a salary as possible, and play in the best leagues possible. Why would Milot Rashica or any other player currently at Norwich want to be here, at a relegated, under-paying, championship club? Norwich are a stepping stone for talented youngsters - that is the only reason to be here. 

2 minutes ago, Lewis DW said:

No footballer 'wants to be here" - they are here to collect as high a salary as possible, and play in the best leagues possible. Why would Milot Rashica or any other player currently at Norwich want to be here, at a relegated, under-paying, championship club? Norwich are a stepping stone for talented youngsters - that is the only reason to be here. 

You sound like a barrel of laughs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

He won't 'tear up' the league. He'll be OK, but he's nothing special. 

That’s the spirit!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I would be surprised if Rashica stayed. His heart wasn't in it at the end of last season.

His stats don't exactly suggest he will 'tear up' anything. One (deflected) goal and two assists (one from open play) don't inspire confidence. Even if Championship defences will be more amenable.

The problem is, will there be anyone to match his wages and transfer fee?

• Like 1

He should do quite well in the Champs, but I think he might end up causing mayhem for others to benefit, so those looking purely at assists and goals might be sniffing in slightly the wrong place. He's like Hernandez, if not better, in terms of dribbling in tight pockets, and we'll need that against teams sitting deep.

Where he might not get the credit is due to that dribbling ability taking more than one opposing player away, creating space for another player to use to better effect. If Cantwell gets his head screwed on and starts playing number 10, then it could be him, or there's a fair chance it could be Dowell or even one of the strikers. So they could rack up more goals and/or assists, but without the space being created beforehand, they'd not be able to do so.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I would be surprised if Rashica stayed. His heart wasn't in it at the end of last season.

To be fair, Normann looked like he'd given up on the field, yet released a statement saying how much he wanted to stay.

Perhaps just put it down to a very ****e season, rather than anything personal?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lewis DW said:

Aren’t you forgetting the players who are here because they are on the way back down? 😉

If Rashica does stay then that’s great, as I think he could turn out to be a huge asset for us next season. I think it does mean that promotion is essential though, as I can’t see him staying next summer if we’re not back in the top flight

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Pukki has back to back top flight relegations. As do Aarons, Krul and so on. 

We picked him up from a relegated team who needed the money. I'm confident he is going to be one of a few players too good for the Championship. But hey, I'm only basing that on my actual eyes watching him, and the others, play.

Would you not have picked up any of the above because of relegation?

Edited by Flying Dutchman

Kit numbers have NOT been revealed yet, and last season they weren't announced until 2nd August.

Don't rush out and get Rashica number 7 on your shirt, it could still change.

On 07/07/2022 at 21:32, TeemuVanBasten said:

Kit numbers have NOT been revealed yet, and last season they weren't announced until 2nd August.

Numbers just released and they confirm Rashica has taken the number 7 shirt.  Looks like he will be staying! Great news IMO

2 minutes ago, BSEYELLOW said:

Numbers just released and they confirm Rashica has taken the number 7 shirt.  Looks like he will be staying! Great news IMO

Cheers for the heads-up! Will update my contract conundrums thread accordingly... 🙂

On 07/07/2022 at 16:39, Pyro Pete said:

His stats don't exactly suggest he will 'tear up' anything. One (deflected) goal and two assists (one from open play) don't inspire confidence. Even if Championship defences will be more amenable.

The problem is, will there be anyone to match his wages and transfer fee?

I think the stats you're quoting are more indicative of the poor overall team output than his contribution. As a winger who's used to crossing the ball with no target man it's a tough old gig. He can drive and beat a man but needs support. Only disappointment for me is his finishing when he gets in the right areas.

He started to look good, derailed by injury, came back and took a while to get going but was on occasion very good at getting us up the pitch and actually looked our only threat at times. Perhaps by the end of the season he did look a bit despondent, but we're not getting reports of 'Wantaway winger demands move' so the fact it seems he might be willing to give it another season should be to his credit. 

On 07/07/2022 at 21:32, TeemuVanBasten said:

Or not 😉

Would be a bit odd giving him a number if we were planning on selling him.. Then again he has been relegated twice now once from the German divison and then from the Prem so maybe his stock is not as high as it once was and he's had no callers?