Sign in to follow this  
Budapest Canary

Icelandic City Target scores and sees red

54 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Won't score much given be will be benched for Pukki and behind idah.

He’s not a striker. Attacking midfielder/winger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budapest Canary said:

Some finish, but if we sign him our goal celebration coaches will have work to do. 

I would be more impressed if he did the fozzy flick beforehand. Then I would say sign him up on that point alone.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

He’s not a striker. Attacking midfielder/winger. 

Ohh, fair enough then maybe he would be getting the start. Or maybe not given that Smith has said Dowell is the new star man for us and all

2 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Some finish, but if we sign him our goal celebration coaches will have work to do. 

This is a pet hate of mine. Fans can chant abusive sh*t at opposition players for the whole 90 minutes, but then if the player gives a little bit back he gets punished for it? Grow up!

I can understand it for going 'full Richarlison' and lobbing a flare into the crowd, but for making a 'shush' symbol? Pathetic.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

This is a pet hate of mine. Fans can chant abusive sh*t at opposition players for the whole 90 minutes, but then if the player gives a little bit back he gets punished for it? Grow up!

I can understand it for going 'full Richarlison' and lobbing a flare into the crowd, but for making a 'shush' symbol? Pathetic.

I mean if the milky bar kid did a 'shush' symbol at me i'd probably just laugh.

11 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Totally agree. Fans getting all "teacher, that man offended me", after said fans giving it to them all game, fking kids, grow up.

Edited by spencer 1970

Loving that guy, don't know anything about him - but watching that, he looks like a player I could get behind.

(Not in that way!).

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Loving that guy, don't know anything about him - but watching that, he looks like a player I could get behind.

(Not in that way!).

You never know, he could play better with you in the rear

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Basically agree, but picking up such a cheap second yellow early in the game remains a schoolboy error. It's probably not the silencing gesture itself, but taking the celebration to the opposition fans that warranted it. 

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Could not agree more. If fans who give players grief can't take a bit back as banter then what is wrong with them. I can understand some players might take it too far but a red for that it's pathetic. 

4 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

I would be more impressed if he did the fozzy flick beforehand. Then I would say sign him up on that point alone.

There’s only one Mark Fotheringham. Fortunately.

22 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There’s only one Mark Fotheringham. Fortunately.

Did you sing the first part? Theresssss only onnnnne Mark Fortheringham

4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Did you sing the first part? Theresssss only onnnnne Mark Fortheringham

If I did, I would probably be the first.

2 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Basically agree, but picking up such a cheap second yellow early in the game remains a schoolboy error. It's probably not the silencing gesture itself, but taking the celebration to the opposition fans that warranted it. 

Oh yeah, still a schoolboy error with the rules being as they are. But then again, he's not long out of school anyway, so I shall forgive him this minor indiscretion 🙂

• Haha 1

I detest all these thumb-sucking & shushing the crowd celebrations. Same with opposition players standing in front of the ball to prevent a quick free-kick being taken - youngsters imitate their behavior & it pollutes youth football. I'd like to see more discipline in the game & welcome players being booked for silly behaviour.

Perhaps it will make them think a bit? Far fewer players take their shirts off to celebrate nowadays - they're aware if they do, their team mates may have to play with 10 men. 

24 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

I detest all these thumb-sucking & shushing the crowd celebrations. 

Absolutely, score a goal, dust yourself down, shake the hand of the player with the assist, make sure the ref gets your name right, then back to your half to get ready for the restart.😉