Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Will Norwich City Follow Suit ?

May be an image of 2 people

Reading have written to every Championship club to let them know that they will sell away tickets for just £20 this season, as long as Reading fans get the same priced tickets at the their ground.
Cardiff, Swansea, Blackburn & Huddersfield have already agreed.
I also read on this site ' The Away Fans ' that Burnley will be charging visiting fans £25.

Edited by TIL 1010

I wonder how long it will be before you know who turns up on this thread ?  😜

• Haha 1

If course we won’t because we are only a “community club” when it suits us (mainly when the fans are giving the club money) and not when we could give something back to the fans. 

I hope I end up having to apologise for being wrong on this. 

Who's responsible for pushing this issue with the club? That's where the eyes need to be.

The club won't do this off their own back as it's a money loss.

Can't see us doing this and having away fans pay half the price the home fans pay. Club then won't be able to justify the season ticket price either. 

• Like 1

I wish other teams fans would forget the parachute payment coming in and remember we’re a self funding club. If it was £40 it might get the nod. 

6 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

Can't see us doing this and having away fans pay half the price the home fans pay. Club then won't be able to justify the season ticket price either. 

A few seasons ago - Delia & MWJ didnt want home casuals paying more than away fans, so put the limit in across the board. 

unfortunately I believe it was only for one season and was soon stopped. 

• Like 1

Trouble is you can get any kind of rif raf going to the football if you charge to little

£20 is way to low 

Have we actually announced any casual prices yet?  I’ve not seen…you’d hope they were, if anything, less than last season across the board - but s/t prices went up so who knows.

I certainly doubt we can get ‘away’ with charging £48 a pop for anyone in this division,  it’s one thing vs the likes of Liverpool/Man City, quite another when (in theory) the biggest sides are Burnley/Watford.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I have to disagree with this thread. Following what Reading do is a route to chaos. People on here might sneer at the ‘self funding model’, but Reading are a financial basket case. They have proved entirely unable to organise their finances. They’ve been through a selection of owners. Take your pick from Russian, Chinese, Malaysian and Thai. They’ve had them all. They had a points deduction last season, and have let many of their better players leave on frees, because they simply ran down their contracts. They can barely half fill a stadium built for them by their former owner, even with their cheap pricing model.

Anybody who thinks people should follow Reading’s pricing and financial model is frankly living in fantasy land.

21 hours ago, Greavsy said:

A few seasons ago - Delia & MWJ didnt want home casuals paying more than away fans, so put the limit in across the board. 

unfortunately I believe it was only for one season and was soon stopped. 

Did D&M say that?

BK certainly did and claimed the Club passionately believed in it. Was it really D&M's belief or simply BK's?

We may think they speak as a team but do they?

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Did D&M say that?

Yes, that's why I posted it. 

Ben also mentioned it at the meeting I attended. 

Dissapointed when it stopped, not that if affected me as a ST. 

22 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Who's responsible for pushing this issue with the club? That's where the eyes need to be.

The club won't do this off their own back as it's a money loss.

Wouldn’t that be all of us?

12 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I have to disagree with this thread. Following what Reading do is a route to chaos. People on here might sneer at the ‘self funding model’, but Reading are a financial basket case. They have proved entirely unable to organise their finances. They’ve been through a selection of owners. Take your pick from Russian, Chinese, Malaysian and Thai. They’ve had them all. They had a points deduction last season, and have let many of their better players leave on frees, because they simply ran down their contracts. They can barely half fill a stadium built for them by their former owner, even with their cheap pricing model.

Anybody who thinks people should follow Reading’s pricing and financial model is frankly living in fantasy land.

I don't think Reading's financial issues are caused by charging slightly less to away fans. 

29 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Yes, that's why I posted it. 

Ben also mentioned it at the meeting I attended. 

Dissapointed when it stopped, not that if affected me as a ST. 

Thanks.

More examples of their inconsistencies then and unsympathetic attitude to fans.

Edited by essex canary

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Thanks.

More examples of their inconsistencies then and unsympathetic attitude to fans.

Twist it how you like. They didn't need to do it in the first place. How about some credit for that? I realise that doesn't suit your agenda though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I don't think Reading's financial issues are caused by charging slightly less to away fans. 

In fact, charging slightly less at the gate means fans have more to spend in the ground - at some point the increase in attendance and spending in the ground outweighs the "per ticket" income lost.  If the away team loses it probably means that point comes quicker, but as Reading won very few at home last season this is a bit of a gamble if that is their strategy. 🙂 

5 hours ago, shefcanary said:

In fact, charging slightly less at the gate means fans have more to spend in the ground - at some point the increase in attendance and spending in the ground outweighs the "per ticket" income lost.

Simon Jordan was talking about this yesterday.  In his experience he said that offering cheaper tickets just encouraged "cheaper" people.

From what they discussed, seems the issue is more with the average 70% attendance in this league:-

image.png.54dc0bd8231963a5b2f52de9141a7b3a.png

Reading get 13k average in a 24k ground.  Last season in championship (with crowds 18/19) we had average of 26k in a 27k ground (95.5% capacity).  Poles apart really.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Thanks 1

On 06/07/2022 at 12:13, Branston Pickle said:

Have we actually announced any casual prices yet?  I’ve not seen…you’d hope they were, if anything, less than last season across the board - but s/t prices went up so who knows.

According to the club website it will be Grade A £35 , Grade B £30 and Grade C £25 with concessions within those Grades going down to U12's in Grade C at £5.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

According to the club website it will be Grade A £35 , Grade B £30 and Grade C £25 with concessions within those Grades going down to U12's in Grade C at £5.

Slightly better than last year's quite frankly ridiculous casual ticket prices ("come pay £48 to watch a nothing 0-5 practice match"). It' still £5 too much though in each category. 

Grade A = £30

Grade B = £25

Grade C = £20 

The above is fine for the Championship, and then +£5 on each grade when we are in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, Bovril said:

Slightly better than last year's quite frankly ridiculous casual ticket prices ("come pay £48 to watch a nothing 0-5 practice match"). It' still £5 too much though in each category. 

Grade A = £30

Grade B = £25

Grade C = £20 

The above is fine for the Championship, and then +£5 on each grade when we are in the Premier League. 

You shaving off a fiver @Bovril will still be not enough for a certain somebody on here. 😜

14 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You shaving off a fiver @Bovril will still be not enough for a certain somebody on here. 😜

Yep, makes you look like a Cheerleader for the NCFC Majority Shareholder and Administration Fan Club. 😜

Edited by wcorkcanary
Get out clause emoji attached 😜

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think Bovril is about right all things considered.

£25 flat would be better as don't see need for grading in Championship.

Absurd that the Club allows the relationship between casual and season ticket prices to jump around so much from season to season.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

I think Bovril is about right all things considered.

£25 flat would be better as don't see need for grading in Championship.

Absurd that the Club allows the relationship between casual and season ticket prices to jump around so much from season to season.

Honest question, what was the season ticket price per match last year and what will it be this year? For those that actually pay for their season ticket anyway...