Sign in to follow this  
ncfc0405

Huckerby's message to protestors

For all those who are protesting to sack Worthy because of his attitude towards pacy, attacking, flair players, here''s what a pacy, attacking, flair player has to say:"I have read all sorts of things about fans staying silent and not

cheering," said Huckerby. "At the end of the day they pay their money

and they can do what they want. But it certainly won''t help us. Put it

this way, I think it will play into Stoke''s hands if the fans aren''t

behind us. Take that as you want. I get the impression there are some

fans who don''t want us to win at the moment. When we beat Brighton 3-0

it was a very strange atmosphere. It was like some of them wanted us to

lose so they could get the manager out. That can''t be right, whichever

way you look at it. "I understand the frustrations, don''t get me wrong.

We have underperformed as a team this season, there''s no doubt about

it. We have had some good times recently - promotion to the Premiership

and then nearly staying there. They expect better things from us and

rightly so. "But sometimes things don''t always work out as you would like. If they did then every team would be top of the league."I

have never experienced this sort of situation at a club that is

mid-table in the Championship. I was at Lincoln City when they were

near the bottom of the third division and it was nothing like this."

Saw this and wondered what you would all make of it, seems that the team are getting more and more rattled by the atmosphere at the ruud........  Oh well :), such is life, maybe the club will one day take notice of the fans ?????

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=sport&itemid=NOED03%20Mar%202006%2020%3A31%3A55%3A330

sorry Darren, but weve heard these comments far too many times before, the ''in it together'' mantra...the ''everyones entitled to their opinion...but'' line the ''we know we''ve underperformed this season'' stuff

just because this time its coming from one of our more gifted footballers rather than the usual old (average) guard should we now take it at face value...

weve got behind the team (on the whole) this and last season and where exactly has it got us...if I sing a bit harder on a Saturday will Etuhu get himself out of first gear, somehow I doubt it....

I have no doubt that at 3pm the fans will get behind their team, I certainly will.

On a totally different subject, went to the ground at 10.30am to renew my season ticket and I was the only person in there, don''t know why but was expecting a queue!

Indeed. Maybe Etuhu can''t be bothered because he''s had nothing but grief since he got here? Not that it''s an excuse for a professional footballer, but I can''t help wondering whether this naff season has become something of a self-fulfilling prophesy. It started off in the summer when half the posters on this board were disappointed in the release of certain players and the calibre of their replacements. Then, since the disappointing opening game of the season I''ve never felt the fans have been behind the players in the same way they were in the promotion season and that the constant negative vibes are affecting the players'' confidence and performance. The majority of the posters on this board (myself included) felt the team had the potential to blitz this division. Yet when the players failed to perform to expectations against Coventry, the atmosphere went bad and I haven''t felt it pick up much since then.

Many will say that''s because the team haven''t given us much to cheer them about and that''s a completely valid point. My own view is that we have a chicken and egg situation here and I''d love to see the Carrow Road crown take the initiative and raise the roof regardless of the performance for the last few home games, just to see what happens. Let the players know (or at least, think) we believe in them and give them the confidence to perform.

[quote user="ncfc0405"]For all those who are protesting to sack Worthy because of his attitude towards pacy, attacking, flair players, here''s what a pacy, attacking, flair player has to say:

"I have read all sorts of things about fans staying silent and not cheering," said Huckerby. "At the end of the day they pay their money and they can do what they want. But it certainly won''t help us. Put it this way, I think it will play into Stoke''s hands if the fans aren''t behind us. Take that as you want. I get the impression there are some fans who don''t want us to win at the moment. When we beat Brighton 3-0 it was a very strange atmosphere. It was like some of them wanted us to lose so they could get the manager out. That can''t be right, whichever way you look at it.

"I understand the frustrations, don''t get me wrong. We have underperformed as a team this season, there''s no doubt about it. We have had some good times recently - promotion to the Premiership and then nearly staying there. They expect better things from us and rightly so.

"But sometimes things don''t always work out as you would like. If they did then every team would be top of the league.

"I have never experienced this sort of situation at a club that is mid-table in the Championship. I was at Lincoln City when they were near the bottom of the third division and it was nothing like this."

[/quote]

our season is over in february, we have the right to do WHATEVER we want......  this season the players have not turned up so many times it is untrue and they deserve  whatever they get as well as the man whom has lost the plot in charge

Yes, Mr Huckerby, things don''t always work out how you would like....so you will move on when the coffers are used up and the parachute payment gone. After we''ve down traded our strikers until we are grateful to have Ricardo Fuller on loan. We will still be here supporting the club long after you are running a pub with your nice pension. Damn right we expect more...!

[quote user="ncfc0405"]
"But sometimes things don''t always work out as you would like. If they did then every team would be top of the league.

"I have never experienced this sort of situation at a club that is mid-table in the Championship. I was at Lincoln City when they were near the bottom of the third division and it was nothing like this."

[/quote]

Yes hucks you are very right. We don''t want every team to be top of the league we want norwich to be top of the league, where they belong. The reason it seems fans want norwich to lose is because the only way we can get mr invinsible out is by norwich losing. We have nothing to play for because worthy has beeen crap this season. there was no unrest at the begining of the season when everyone was fully behind the team AND manager.

Here we go again - we''ve had a crap season, so it must be the fans fault! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

worthy''s brass neck is even more tarnished after another poor display. a win agreed, but achieved without any sense of style.   thought roy lacked his rovers edge today.saw a host of ex-managers walking around the pitch in front of the barclay at half time - wonder what the likes of ken brown and dave stringer thought of our performance?  doubt any of their sides played so poorly.

He''s got a point. He''s not asking for sympathy and he IS NOT moanining about protests before and after the game. He is simply stating the fact that it would be more helpful to have the fans support during the 90 minutes they are playing. FACT. The club has got problems, yes the recent form has been unnacceptable, but stop getting your knickers in a twist over nothing you drama queens. Whats he supposed to do, just give up? He''s just trying to make a decent atmosphere for the game so we have a hope of winning. Which I am glad to say we did. What ever my feelings about the abilities of our manager I seem to be in a huge minority of people that actually were pleased to see Johansson''s go in!  

Hucks, like anybody else is entitled to his opinion and I agree that silence, booing etc does not help, but fans have got to have something to sing about. Given that we fans play such a huge part in what happens on the field what is the explanation for the abject performances (home and away) when the fans have got behind the team ?