Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Are we stepping on ipswichs patch?

We are and have been for years. Our tentacles are well truly established in Suffolk and North Essex - we are unequivocally the big club in East Anglia. No amount of tough talk from a bloke who's biggest job was Bristol City (in which he failed) is going to change that....

Anything to deflect from the reality that they are probably going to have a poor transfer window 👍

43 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

"The brand of Ipswich Town is an unbelievable medium that can motivate and engage people."

That's very true...if I ever speak to anyone about them they are motivated to collapse with laughter.

Apples

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

"The brand of Ipswich Town is an unbelievable medium that can motivate and engage people."

Good luck with that.

I think he meant that 1p5wich were 'unbelievably medium' ....... to which I must concur.......

There’s nothing they own that we won’t take.

we will hear the lamentations of their women as we throw the 8mm black and white reels proving they won something when there were no subs or shinpads into the steamrollers we grind their stadium to dust with

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Good luck with that.

Is Unbelievable Medium one up from XXL in shirt sizes ? 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am sure if you scratch the surface hard enough you will find there are youngsters from Norfolk playing for Ippo teams at various (young) age levels, I know of two.........

I know of 1, but that's because the kid isn't as good as his brother who is with Norwich academy.... Fair play to the lesser talented brother, he wears his Norwich gear to Binner training..... 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Binners  owner came out with fighting talk- whats our owners done HID with silence is golden mantra

32 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

The Binners  owner came out with fighting talk- whats our owners done HID with silence is golden mantra

AKA they’re walking the walk instead of talking the talk.

51 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Rather Delia stayed silent than came out threatning to beat up Ipswich players, amusing as it would be

• Like 1

Lol Norwich have been the big team and the big presence in Suffolk for near 20 years.

Tbh yes it's completely Ipswich fault that we have been able to get a foothold.

But yeh too late, I grew up in Lowestoft and knew loads of Ipswich fans at school. Having been a teacher in the same area for 15 years I can name the Ipswich fans I knew within the student body on one Suffolk hand (7 kids)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Lol Norwich have been the big team and the big presence in Suffolk for near 20 years.

But yeh too late, I grew up in Lowestoft and knew loads of Ipswich fans at school. Having been a teacher in the same area for 15 years I can name the Ipswich fans I knew within the student body on one Suffolk hand (7 kids)

Lowie has got an NR postcode so maybe a good place for Ippo to start either there or somewhere like Watton/Thetford.........

We have definitely had the upper hand but these things are cyclical. They will have a better spell soon and if it coincides with us getting things wrong then the gap will close 

20 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I know of 1, but that's because the kid isn't as good as his brother who is with Norwich academy.... Fair play to the lesser talented brother, he wears his Norwich gear to Binner training..... 👍

Nice😉story , but can it be true? Are 1p5wich so Tinpot that they don't provide training gear for their youngsters?  I've run a league academy ( self funding apart from FAI grants* incidentally😉) . On being selected , the boys and girls were presented with their full training kit....for some it was a very proud moment. If the Binners aren't taking this basic step, they can hardly complain when their youngsters jump ship at the first whiff of a decent set up.

* For FAI grants read parachute payments 😁😇😉🧘

PS pretty much every kid wore their league academy gear to their next Club training session......Feeling like the boss!!!!

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nice😉story , but can it be true? Are 1p5wich so Tinpot that they don't provide training gear for their youngsters?  I've run a league academy ( self funding apart from FAI grants* incidentally😉) . On being selected , the boys and girls were presented with their full training kit....for some it was a very proud moment. If the Binners aren't taking this basic step, they can hardly complain when their youngsters jump ship at the first whiff of a decent set up.

* For FAI grants read parachute payments 😁😇😉🧘

PS pretty much every kid wore their league academy gear to their next Club training session......Feeling like the boss!!!!

Couldn't tell you, just know my mate proudly put a picture of him on FB in his Norwich gear. He may not have officially been signed up at that time granted, possibly during his trial. 

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Couldn't tell you, just know my mate proudly put a picture of him on FB in his Norwich gear. He may not have officially been signed up at that time granted, possibly during his trial. 

I wasn't disbelieving you Hairyo, just amazed that the Binners aren't more professional with the way they deal with their youth. Fair play to the kid though. 

5 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Did nobody ever tell you that actions speak louder than words.

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

We have definitely had the upper hand but these things are cyclical. They will have a better spell soon and if it coincides with us getting things wrong then the gap will close 

Preston. Once had the upper hand in Lancashire. I don’t see the Manchester clubs being worried by that. Cyclical events can take hundreds of years.

27 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Preston. Once had the upper hand in Lancashire. I don’t see the Manchester clubs being worried by that. Cyclical events can take hundreds of years.

Indeed, football fortunes don't always change regularly; ManUre & Spurs were with us in Div 2 in 1938 whilst PNE were in the 1st,  coinicidentally the same year the Binners gained election to the League finally.  

6 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Under appreciated post 

13 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Very good to hear. However, how many support us, or do they follow Chelski, Liverpool, Citeh, etc? 

2 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

Very good to hear. However, how many support us, or do they follow Chelski, Liverpool, Citeh, etc? 

Of course there are a few Citeh fans, Chelski fans etc.
You get the odd kid that grew up in the area or is a second generation Liverpool / Manure fan but there are loads of Norwich fans. I would go as far as saying 40 - 50% of supporters follow the Green and Yellow.
Jokes aside its actually really sad that there are so few Ipswich fans, its the clubs fault for not doing this aforementioned out reach and allowing their biggest competitor to get a foothold (its more than that now) in their "patch". They are totally right and should be furious outside of second gen  fans they are not doing anything to earn fans.

You hardly grow up in Lowestoft and go BOOM the Blue and White... Ipswich  that's the team for me.....out of all my picks in the local area and the big boys... Ipswich.. maybe if your a die hard Ed Sheeran fan? Outside of that nothing. 

• Haha 1