Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Premier League seeing sense?

Bit pointless if you can still have it on TV for the adverts of a football game and around the edge of the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, JB said:

Bit pointless if you can still have it on TV for the adverts of a football game and around the edge of the pitch. 

I can't agree. Not having these logos on shirts means not having them everywhere you look. Worn by staff, worn by fans, worst of all worn by kids. I'd prefer a blanket ban. But I think this would be a good first step.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

worst of all worn by kids

Arnt the kids replica shirts banned from having gambling / alcohol companies on them? 

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I can't agree. Not having these logos on shirts means not having them everywhere you look. Worn by staff, worn by fans, worst of all worn by kids. I'd prefer a blanket ban. But I think this would be a good first step.  

While I agree, don't the kids shirts have a different sponsor? Or is that just ours?

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

While I agree, don't the kids shirts have a different sponsor? Or is that just ours?

They do, but its flawed, as must clubs only have kids shirts which go up to age 13 or 14.

Including us, ours go up to 13-14Y.

Presumably because there isn't any difference from a typical 15 year old boy and a small adult man.

57 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Fair enough. I don't like seeing betting on shirts or at the ground advertising boards etc. Always feels a little bit tacky. Having Lotus as our sponsor is a super thing in many ways. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Arnt the kids replica shirts banned from having gambling / alcohol companies on them? 

And I may be wrong but I thought that was an agreement between clubs and gambling companies in return for increased advertising opportunities that amounted to an agreement in good faith rather than a hard and fast law?

Like I said, could be wrong.

Not got a problem with banning gambling advertising per se, including the National Lottery scratchcards.

Still serve alcohol in the ground, fatty and sweet foods.

In other words, when clubs are looking to increase their revenue, morals do not play any part in it. Especially when clubs like Liverpool can insanely hand Salah up to another £100K a week just to stay.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not got a problem with banning gambling advertising per se, including the National Lottery scratchcards.

Still serve alcohol in the ground, fatty and sweet foods.

In other words, when clubs are looking to increase their revenue, morals do not play any part in it. Especially when clubs like Liverpool can insanely hand Salah up to another £100K a week just to stay.

The lottery scratch cards are a tax on the poor. Absolutely shameful 

9 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The lottery scratch cards are a tax on the poor. Absolutely shameful 

Nobody forces you to buy them... (edit, I don't literally mean "you").

Edited by All the Germans