Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Forrest having a real effort.

Seems that they are busy in the transfer market. Dare I say more of an effort than we did. Perhaps being away from the PL for so long has made them more determined.

For us we spent a lot of cash last time. They've bought a guy who didn't play for Liverpool once in the years he was there and a keeper who couldn't get in the worst man utd side I can remember since the 80s. They seem about the level of our signings to be honest.

Good luck to them tho. Hope they stay up as Nottingham away is always a fun weekend!

• Like 2

Nobody could say we weren't very active in the transfer market.... admittedly we did it a bit late but the real problem is they pretty much all ended up being rubbish!

Let's see how the signings do for Forest before we start wishing we were them!

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Nobody could say we weren't very active in the transfer market.... admittedly we did it a bit late but the real problem is they pretty much all ended up being rubbish!

Let's see how the signings do for Forest before we start wishing we were them!

Agreed. Looks like they are giving it a go. Time will tell whether there signings pay off. 

42 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

For us we spent a lot of cash last time. They've bought a guy who didn't play for Liverpool once in the years he was there and a keeper who couldn't get in the worst man utd side I can remember since the 80s. They seem about the level of our signings to be honest.

Good luck to them tho. Hope they stay up as Nottingham away is always a fun weekend!

One way to spin it I guess.

Alternative is they just bought a striker with a goal every other game last season and a keeper who kept 13 clean sheets in a season for a newly promoted Sheffield United.

They've also made these signings while signing their best player to a new contract rather than flogging him to raise funds.

• Like 2

Their home form will be key. The atmosphere there will be rocking and it will be a difficult place to go to. It's a case if there will be 3 worse teams than them.

Prediction: They stay up for a season, everyone on here "wishes" we were them and / or had their owners, ignoring all their previous seasons of failure as if it's a complete irrelevance. They'll get relegated second season, have some sort of financial meltdown and no-one will mention them for a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think it’s all depends on their fixture list. If they get a bad rap like we always seem to do, and suffer a few hidings, their season could free fall. Early days I know, but I don’t see much sign of the other relegation contenders strengthening that much. I think both Leeds and Everton still look suspect at the moment. 

56 minutes ago, king canary said:

Alternative is they just bought a striker with a goal every other game last season and a keeper who kept 13 clean sheets in a season for a newly promoted Sheffield United.

They've also made these signings while signing their best player to a new contract rather than flogging him to raise funds.

This...🎯

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Seems that they are busy in the transfer market. Dare I say more of an effort than we did. Perhaps being away from the PL for so long has made them more determined.

We made the effort. It was just wasted I'm afraid. Time will tell whether Forest have not wasted their money.

28 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Prediction: They stay up for a season, everyone on here "wishes" we were them and / or had their owners, ignoring all their previous seasons of failure as if it's a complete irrelevance. They'll get relegated second season, have some sort of financial meltdown and no-one will mention them for a while.

Equally, those on the other side of the fence will never discuss why they manage to do something we've failed at in our last three tries. And the wheel spins ever on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, king canary said:

They are bound to do a fair bit of squad strengthening because they don't have a nucleus of players who've been with them in the Premier League.

46 minutes ago, hogesar said:

A bit like people on here who ignore our seasons of failure really isn’t it? 

There have been a few in the time they’ve been away but unlike us they didn’t go to League One for a season did they? 

And before you say it, I’m just putting your comment into perspective about their years of failure

• Like 2

I don’t think they have done that much more than we had done thus far - indeed, when you bear in mind they had 5 key loan players in their promotion side, they probably have a lot more to do merely to be where they were last season.  But as it is for us, it is still early doors and they have plenty of time to get more guys in.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Dean Henderson is a good signing..but he will be the busiest player in the league next season

Think Forest are in for a hell of a struggle next season and see nothing theyve done in the transfer market so far to change that.

They were essentially a mid table team who put a good together when Coopr took over and their players are still as such.

As it stands I wouldnt swap our squad for theirs

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

They are bound to do a fair bit of squad strengthening because they don't have a nucleus of players who've been with them in the Premier League.

Like we did a few years back 😉

50 minutes ago, king canary said:

Equally, those on the other side of the fence will never discuss why they manage to do something we've failed at in our last three tries. And the wheel spins ever on.

I think everyone acknolwedges that other clubs have managed to stay up for a single season. We've done that, in fact we stayed up for 3 more recently than Forest were last even in the Premier League! Under the same poor owners 🙂

If the entire problem with our owners is that we've not quite got things right / had the luck required to stay up for one season and then go down with a whimper the season after then your point holds weight. However I get the feeling going down the second season would lend itself to the same amount of calls for heads to roll. 

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

A bit like people on here who ignore our seasons of failure really isn’t it? 

There have been a few in the time they’ve been away but unlike us they didn’t go to League One for a season did they? 

And before you say it, I’m just putting your comment into perspective about their years of failure

No, they went for 3 seasons instead, pretty sure they got promoted and we then got relegated.

You're always doing such a bad job as not coming across how I perceive you..

Edited by hogesar
  • Haha 1

Trying to look at this objectively, signing Henderson on loan, who is a very good keeper at Premier League level and tying Johnson to a longer contract look to be good pieces of business. Signing the lad from Union Berlin for £18M could be anything from a very good piece of business to a a complete disaster, only time will tell on that one, the only time any of us can pass any sort of opinion on it will be after he has played say 15/20 games for them in the Premier League. I wish them well, from watching their FA Cup exploits I like the way they play and I like their Head Coach..........

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Trying to look at this objectively, signing Henderson on loan, who is a very good keeper at Premier League level 

As far as Henderson is concerned, ManUre considered he would never displace De Gea because his distribution is poor.  I mentioned this on another thread, but much will depend on whether Florist try to build from the back, or go more pragmatic.  If they do the latter, you then question how effective Johnson will be.  There's a lot for Cooper to ponder and get right.

4 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

You Think I Care GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

46 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

They relied heavily on 3 or 4 loan players to get promoted. They’ll have to spend 50 million just to replace them.

There is that too. 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

What then if they do a Southampton or Brighton or Wolves by going up and staying up? Are you then going to say it is still better for us to be us by sticking with Delia in the Championship?

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Fulham spent £100M, can anyone remember who they bought?

I know one of them scored 43 league goals last season.

11 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

What then if they do a Southampton or Brighton or Wolves by going up and staying up? Are you then going to say it is still better for us to be us by sticking with Delia in the Championship?

The fact you can only name 3 comparable clubs (even thats arguable) speaks volumes.

For what it's worth, I'd love the Norwich equivalent of a Brighton Owner.

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

A radical understatement I'd say.

Probably, although margins are always so fine at the absolute elite level. Doesn't detract from the overall point regardless.

Southampton, Palace, Brighton, Wolves, Leicester, Leeds and Villa haven’t read the rules that you get relegated after staying up for a season. 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know one of them scored 43 league goals last season.

Who would be daft enough to sign players that do well in the Championship but not in the Premier League?