Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile in Germany

Nice little video 👍

Jordan Hugill might not be the best player we've got, but you can really see what a dressing room leader he is. Really gets himself involved, doesn't he? 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nice little video 👍

Jordan Hugill might not be the best player we've got, but you can really see what a dressing room leader he is. Really gets himself involved, doesn't he? 

Didnt Farke go on record as saying he's great in the dressing room and a real motivator?

Hugill does seem to be a bit of a lynch pin in the group. Also interesting to see Todd featuring so heavily.

7 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Hugill does seem to be a bit of a lynch pin in the group. Also interesting to see Todd featuring so heavily.

Cantwell does seems to be having a good time too, laughing and joking around nonstop. Not quite the brooding lonely outcast he seemed last he played for us..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not quite the brooding lonely outcast he seemed last he played for us..

Probably because he's around the likes of Hugill and not Aarons who likes a good moan by all accounts.

Can anyone spot Sinani in that vid, or know whats going on with him? 

From what I saw at Huddersfield he'd be a better shout for the missing 'creative attacking mid' in our squad than most.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

From what I saw at Huddersfield he'd be a better shout for the missing 'creative attacking mid' in our squad than most.

He's another one on the extended post-international break - he played in all Luxembourg's matches in the recent internationals (the stand out player by all accounts).  He has posted pictures of his holidays on a Greek island in Instagram.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Nice little video 👍

That sort of thing does get missed by fans, but can be crucial especially when morale will have been low from relegation, and with some changeover of players too. Of course, they have to offer something on the pitch too, even if it's as 3rd or 4th choice, which I think he does. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

He's another one on the extended post-international break - he played in all Luxembourg's matches in the recent internationals (the stand out player by all accounts).  He has posted pictures of his holidays on a Greek island in Instagram.

Did he have the Calamari?

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Also interesting to see Todd featuring so heavily

Point a camera at him and he performs, who knew!? 😛 

Hopefully it works the same for the TV cameras when thhr season starts. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Of course, they have to offer something on the pitch too, even if it's as 3rd or 4th choice, which I think he does. 

Groundsman? Guy who puts cones out? Ball Boy?

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cantwell does seems to be having a good time too, laughing and joking around nonstop. Not quite the brooding lonely outcast he seemed last he played for us..

Perhaps he's cheered up now that Billy has gone.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Did he have the Calamari?

Think he isn't posting any fod pic's in case it's on the club's naughty list! 😉 

• Thanks 1

Call that a training session, why the hell aren't they practicing corners, we were shocking last season-and the season before that-and the one before that etc etc 😡😡😡 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rock bus said:

I still think Cantwell has had long /mid covid I had mine in March and its taken me 4 months to return to near normal

So from the video:

• Lees Molou as water carrier - can't see him playing the Deschamps role any time soon. 😉 
  • Byram and Sargent still working on their own, no confirmation that Idah and Omo are back in full training.🤨
  • Zimbo certainly seems to be the respected go to from the younger players - expect him to make a great manager in time.👏🏻
  • Not one of those players can swim properly, some obviously cannot at all, which says a lot about our school PE system, in my view it is failing our kids if they cannot swim nowadays before they leave school. 🙁
  • If I was McCallum, I would have ducked Cantwell in that pool - annoying ****! 😉  

18 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So from the video:

• Lees Molou as water carrier - can't see him playing the Deschamps role any time soon. 😉 
  • Byram and Sargent still working on their own, no confirmation that Idah and Omo are back in full training.🤨
  • Zimbo certainly seems to be the respected go to from the younger players - expect him to make a great manager in time.👏🏻
  • Not one of those players can swim properly, some obviously cannot at all, which says a lot about our school PE system, in my view it is failing our kids if they cannot swim nowadays before they leave school. 🙁
  • If I was McCallum, I would have ducked Cantwell in that pool - annoying ****! 😉  

Agree with all that but can we add - none of them seem to enjoy the weights and med balls apart from Zimbo, and he didn’t exactly look ecstatic!

As you spotted, love that Zimbo was helping the younger players with advice on the press. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Some pretty basic attempts at trying to swim for sure. Embarrassing actually, you would have thought good athletes would at least have some idea about swimming technique.  i don't blame the schools, because these pampered youngsters have everything going for them. What is the point in being young, well off and plenty of spare time if you haven't even learned to swim properly?  The world is their oyster in many ways, they can have the time, opportunity and finances to learn so much, yet they obviously don't use it on basics like learning to swim properly. 

Edited by lake district canary

Cantwell rolling his shorts up 🤣 to show his thighs that look the same size as most of the squads calf muscles 

23 hours ago, Norwich R Us said:

Reviews from Huddersfield fans is that despite his decent numbers, he spent long periods being completely anonymous, I don't think he's the answer. 

Another one where we'll loan him out with a loan fee, end up releasing him and then point out that we made a slight trading profit from loan revenues. 

Day 3 

Good to see Krul back training, but jeez do some of our coaching staff need to ditch a few pounds or get a bigger short size! 😂

10 minutes ago, astro said:

Day 3 

Good to see Krul back training, but jeez do some of our coaching staff need to ditch a few pounds or get a bigger short size! 😂

Coaching staff. German beer 🍺 and pork 🥧 pies 😉🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, astro said:

Day 3 

Kudos for posting posting just as I was about to!  It's not a good example to set by the coaching staff is it?

Other points to note:

• Good to see Omo doesn't seem to be troubled by his back;
  • That Church up on the hill looks pretty precarious;
  • Are they trying to groom Zimbo for an attacking role - he seems to be tested regularly up front;
  • The Squad should come back with improved driving distances given they are next door to a golf range.
  • Thanks 1

On 04/07/2022 at 14:15, Terminally Yellow said:

Nice little video 👍

Good for moral that lad