Sign in to follow this  
How I Wrote Elastic Man

Women´s Euro 22 Football Tournament

Any interest in this?

Anybody going to matches or watch on TV?

I have virtually zero knowledge on women´s football, and no previous interest. However, I have decided to go along to two of the games in Manchester, just for the experience. The organizers have done well to sell over 500,000 tickets, though obviously bumped up by England playing at Old Trafford and the final being at Wembley. There is some odd choice of stadia for a few of the Non-England games, though I understand The FA had some trouble finding willing venues. And I assume there will be a lot less interest locally in games England aren´t involved in.

Hopefully, it will be an entertaining tournament

@Pete Raven - as main discussion is for subjects about Norwich, I have put this in Non-Football. Maybe it´s worth having an "other football" sub forum?

Shouldn't this be in football section? This board is for the main boards rejects to slag each other off.

I was supposed to be going to one of the England group game in Manchester but had a kid a few weeks back and can't justify an overnight trip quite yet so had to give my ticket up.

15 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

BBC showing loads of games live,viewing figures will be interesting 

Indeed, I'm not sure how many will tune in for games not involving England or NI.

I'm curious to see how many travelling supporters there will be. Apparently nearly 100,000 tickets have been sold to foreign based fans, which doesn't seem that many considering this covers 31 games. Though of course, there will be UK based foreign supporters too