Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Guess who.....

I guess we can count Watford,QPR, Blackburn, Burnley and Birmingham out. The first 4 as they have only been in the job a few weeks and Birmingham haven't even got a manager yet. 

It's probably made up anyway. Without giving any details no one can prove or disprove it, but takes up a bit of Newspaper space.

Looking at the style and quality of the print, it doesn't look very modern. I would suspect the guess of Martin O'Neill is closer to the money than it being any current Championship manager. 

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Looking at the style and quality of the print, it doesn't look very modern. I would suspect the guess of Martin O'Neill is closer to the money than it being any current Championship manager. 

Only problem with that thought is that it wasn't the championship until what 2005. Before that it was division 1. 

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Only problem with that thought is that it wasn't the championship until what 2005. Before that it was division 1. 

Bang on. It isn't MO'N.

59 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I didn't say it was him, I said that would be closer to the real identity. 2005 is a lot closer to 1994 than 2022.😜

47 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could be any of our past managers under this ownership. Sounds like lambert to me. 

Lambert only had one Championship season here and we recruited quite ambitiously, gaining an unlikely promotion, so it wouldn't have been him during his time here.

It does, admittedly, sound like something Lambert would do though...

34 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Lambert only had one Championship season here and we recruited quite ambitiously, gaining an unlikely promotion, so it wouldn't have been him during his time here.

It does, admittedly, sound like something Lambert would do though...

Did we recruit ambitiously under Lambert? More like the man had that Midas touch with fantastic right hand men to gain success. It turned out he was Mark McGhee the second who couldn’t create it anywhere else. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did we recruit ambitiously under Lambert? More like the man had that Midas touch with fantastic right hand men to gain success. It turned out he was Mark McGhee the second who couldn’t create it anywhere else. 

It depends on what you call ambitious. I was speaking solely about the 2009 summer, which was the one in question, and that summer we paid transfer fees Simeon Jackson, Andrew Surman, Andrew Crofts, David Fox and John Ruddy, as well as signing Steven Smith and Elliott Ward on free transfers and Leon Barnett on loan. I'd say that's quite ambitious for a newly-promoted Championship side at the time.

34 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It depends on what you call ambitious. I was speaking solely about the 2009 summer, which was the one in question, and that summer we paid transfer fees Simeon Jackson, Andrew Surman, Andrew Crofts, David Fox and John Ruddy, as well as signing Steven Smith and Elliott Ward on free transfers and Leon Barnett on loan. I'd say that's quite ambitious for a newly-promoted Championship side at the time.

Who cares who’s right though. What a season that was and we stayed up with ease once promoted to the Premier League. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yep, without doubt one of my favourite Norwich seasons ever.

Three ridiculously brilliant seasons in a row, even if it was orchestrated by a man who turned out to be a proper ****.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lambert's fall from grace still surprises me, which makes me think even more that the move to Villa, as we all said, was not the right move for him. If he'd have stayed a little longer with us, a better job may have come along. The Villa job was a poisoned challice and whilst he did a good job there, it wasnt enough for their deluded owners and fans. 

Once his stock began to fall he only got tougher and tougher job opportunities.

One could also argue though that he was out of Norwich quicker than a whippet with a bum full of dynamite because he himself didnt believe his level of success was sustainable. Like the player who has a cracking season and throws their toys out of the pram at the first sniff of interest from a bigger club, the worry is their ability is not genuine, and once found out the interest will dry up. Contrast that with a Max Aarons, who clearly believes in his own ability to not feel the need to move at the first hint. There is a player who truly believes he'll be as good a player a few years down the line and still commanding interest.

If Lambert was as good a manager as we all thought he was the proof of the pudding would be in the eating. His career since us as shown he was right not to back his ability.

We don't have any rivals do we?  I'd be incredibly surprised if it's Smith as number on priority for him this summer was probably to escape from it all and have time out with family.

i doubt it was smith unless the club lied 

i would of thought before he took the job he knew what money was available if we went down etc 

i am sure he would have asked how much we got in Jan 

if we stay up how much will i have ? what if we went down ?

what if we sell a player how much % to reinvest ?

you would ask all those questions before you took the job 

My money would be on Alex Neil.... discussing either the Blackburn or Burnley job. It is highly likely that his family are still somewhere around that area, and Sunderland is a sh*thole even by Preston standards. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i doubt it was smith unless the club lied 

i would of thought before he took the job he knew what money was available if we went down etc 

i am sure he would have asked how much we got in Jan 

if we stay up how much will i have ? what if we went down ?

what if we sell a player how much % to reinvest ?

you would ask all those questions before you took the job 

This. We've been told since Jan that there is unlikely to be much cash to splash unless players move on. Smith has said that, Webber has said that. 

This is likely to be out of an utter rage of a paper. Wouldn't wrap my chips in it.