Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

jostled and verbally abused by KTFers

we were towards the back of the protest march and upon reaching carra rd, had some KTFers verbally abuse the very last protesters very agressively.  shouts of ''loyal supporters''  and ''scum, scum,scum'' provoked reaction which although not physical, required the police to step in between the 2 factions.  after that, no probs. even spotted a edp columist in our midst!at the game, at 85 mins, we started worthy out chants in our area and recieved hostile reaction from in front , side and behind. after we scored was jostled by KTF from behind.  nothing to write home about but equally, not necessary.any other examples from either camp of over the top reactions?

Well there was some aggro outside the Barclay afterwards.

Some guy with a hat, glasses and beard was involved in an altercation with a couple of fans. Police waded in and it all got a bit nasty.

That rather blows a hole in the protesters claims. Anyone reading the posts on here without living in Norfolk or attending any games would have believed that over 90% of the supporters were in agreement.

If anything the antics of this vocal minority has united supporters, players and club in unison. Up till last week most fans were not really united. There were as many opinions and views as there were fans it seemed. No one was happy with the situation but the consensus appeared to be that it wasn''t that drastic. The club had been here before, would be here again and we would look at things in May.

However recent events have pushed many supporters into action in defence of their club. Expect a backlash over the next few weeks. The players are sick of it as the reaction before and during the match showed.

The idiot near me today was shouted down when tried to start a Worthy Out chant. Funnily enough it was only a couple of weeks ago that he was stating loudly to all who would listen that he would have not bought his season tickets if he had known that we were not going up this year. Even funnier was that he left before the last goal, taking his wife and two young kids with him.

Whilst I wouldn''t go as far as to call his sort scum I''m getting a feeling that many others are beginning to.

The club has gone through a lot of ups and downs in it''s history and will survive this attack. If nothing this rabble hasserved to give a reason for the club, the players and the supporters just to come together.

everybody has their opinions.... A few KTFers where arrested outside the barclay when one drunken pillock  landed a punch on a guy singing worthy out...

and yes, the views are totally mixed on worthy noone is denying this BUT

Richard Balls

Kevin Piper

Neil Adams

Roy Blower

so it isnt just a rabble of fans..  as you would have seen had you attended the NCISA meeting, it was fans of all ages.  IT was great to look up carrow road and see it FULL to the hilt right up to the entrance gatesd with people expressing their opinion.

On the park, well it ws the usual rubbish, 2 shots on target 2 goals noone is complaining but we didnt play as a team and stoke had the majority of possesion...  We are back to being a mid table team... great

city 1st obviously you enjoyed the game today and got behind your team 100% today - no, exactly - like a graveyard again at carra rd. you can talk the talk it seems but not walk the walk. where were the voices of the KTF supporters - absent apart from over reacting aggressively at worthy outers.  the worthy out chanting was loudest and longest in the lower barclay standing area and snakepit than in the lower barclay sitting area, (most than at any other match this season) and there was a shortlived green yella army response, which in fairness was greater than the wo in our lower barclay sitting area.  our efforts to vocalise  worthy  out chants did attract aggressive responses, but the overwhelming majority remained silent - as they did during the match.  any conclusions you may wish to draw on these impressions is up to you - but regretfully you will need to do better than the baseless opinions present in your first post.  

No singing yet again....  the atmosphere was as dead as it gets for a saturday afternoon full capacity match - shocking

If the worthy outers were keeping silent the KTFers werent exactly making any noise either, nor was anybody else for that matter...

for all the protests all the Worthy out chants all the WO posters on message boardss.. id like to make 1 point...

we havent heard "worthingtons green and yellow army" at carrow Road since the home defeat by sheff wed.... where are u KTF???? keeping quiet dwelling on long forgotten past victories i shoudlnt wonder

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

for all the protests all the Worthy out chants all the WO posters on message boardss.. id like to make 1 point...

we havent heard "worthingtons green and yellow army" at carrow Road since the home defeat by sheff wed.... where are u KTF???? keeping quiet dwelling on long forgotten past victories i shoudlnt wonder

jas :)

[/quote]

Great point Jas, haven''t heard that in months.

This is unlikely to be a radical suggestion but the KTF''ers are more likely to be of the elder generation i.e. conservative by nature after a few seasons of stability, these you wouldn''t expect to be fans to sign or chant.  Therefore unlikely to be too voiceferous in their support, their calling for the team to be supported has a hollow ring.

A generalisation I will agree, but I would expect our younger more voiceferous supporters to have given up the ghost on Worthy some time ago and the atmosphere will only get worse.

Afraid we will be seeing Worthy strut his stuff next season, even more pain and soul searching to come.

Shame you can''t formulate an opinion as well as you can invent stuff lgt. You''ve no idea what support I gave today - though it hasn''t stopped you presuming you know.

You claim my opinions are baseless, which is a bit rich given what you have claimed about me today.

So lets haver a look at what base there is for my opinions.

Worthy outers previously claimed 90% support -

check back through this forum. That certainly wasn''t there today and has never been.

Fans uniting against you -

Even you yourself admit that in your own post. Up till today I had not heard anything serious or loud voiced at the Worthy outers. Today was different. I think the idiot near me left early through the bad feeling around him.Something I don''t welcome but can understand. Huckeby''s remarks before the match. Green''s response when the goal was scored. This from a player who the worthy outers have claimed hates being here and doesn''t get on with the manager or club.

The club has gone through this up and downs and will go again -

oops that''s where I''m wrong. My opinion falls completely flat here, absolutely baseless. You''re right.

That is if you are one of the minority of good time charlies who only been here over the last few seasons. Of course it has always been this way. Thats'' why the supporters are not doing impersonations of farmyard fowl minus their heads. We are all frustrated, all disappointed, all feel like kicking the cat regularly but we don''t kick the club. We don''t let our petulance get the better of our support. And I''m afraid there''s a fair few who when roused are not going to stand by and let others kick it either. I don''t condone violence and stand against anyone who used it today but there is a lot of anger boiling up over the way a small vociferous minority have set out to highjack the rest of us.

Now my suggestion lgt is that next time you actually respond to what someone writes rather than posting up vacuous cliches that make you feel better about yourself. I would add that you might do the same about chanting vacuous cliches but I wouldn''t wish to rob you of one of your pleasures in life.

As to the silence and lack of atmosphere, that has been in steady decline for seasons. All seating, curtailment of certain words, ejection and loss of season ticket for minor infringements are but a few of many reasons.

The whole ground make up is different as well. Football has attracted a whole pile of idiots who believe it that it is something to do with entertainment and they have a right to be entertained. It happens in TV also where there are endless shows that feature clueless dimwits forever griping about how a normal relationship is beyond them so they feel the need to clog up the airwaves so as to parade their stupidity for all and sundry to watch.

Sadly that mindset oversplit into Carrow Road today. If there is any benefit to our projected mid table finish this season then it is that we may well at least be rid of them and their endless whinging.

I was walkng behind the protesters and yes I heard some counter chanting from Worthy supporters but I did not hear anybody calling scum, if that did happen then it shouldn`t have, if it didn`t happen then people should not try to up the anti by saying it did. I am not a Worthy supporter but have not yet felt so strongly about it to need to protest.I sit by the snake pit and it seems to me that the Worthy out chanters are now being rebuffed more and more by the majority of other fans who until now have kept quiet. Our home results do not support a Worthy out campaign, if you start chanting and then we score, or if we win the game the whole protest looks pathetic and it is no wonder that fans react. I dont go away and I know that if I did and had to put up with the crap that away fans have been dished up I would be marching but the way things are at the moment makes it difficult and the Worthy outers will always struggle at Carrow Road.It seems to me that we are in an in between situation where things are not bad enough to create a massive groundswell but unfortunately need to get worse before a well supported Worthy out campaign will succeed.

What was Neil Doncaster saying to the protesters?

I dont like this talk of "different camps"  &  "different factions".

Could the fact that Ipswich game was called off mean that a few scummers came down and wound things up by pretending to be KTFs and / or WO''s?

Or is a Civil War inevitable? A sad day if it is?

city1st, i can''t see you''ve given any reasonable replies, just poor argument and prejudiced insults.to all - just watching deano score his third goal for the hammers on motd, peach it was too - no tap in this time.

[quote user="yellowmg"]

I was walkng behind the protesters and yes I heard some counter chanting from Worthy supporters but I did not hear anybody calling scum, if that did happen then it shouldn`t have, if it didn`t happen then people should not try to up the anti by saying it did. I am not a Worthy supporter but have not yet felt so strongly about it to need to protest.I sit by the snake pit and it seems to me that the Worthy out chanters are now being rebuffed more and more by the majority of other fans who until now have kept quiet. Our home results do not support a Worthy out campaign, if you start chanting and then we score, or if we win the game the whole protest looks pathetic and it is no wonder that fans react. I dont go away and I know that if I did and had to put up with the crap that away fans have been dished up I would be marching but the way things are at the moment makes it difficult and the Worthy outers will always struggle at Carrow Road.It seems to me that we are in an in between situation where things are not bad enough to create a massive groundswell but unfortunately need to get worse before a well supported Worthy out campaign will succeed.

What was Neil Doncaster saying to the protesters?

[/quote]the scum shouts were made 10 - 15 minutes after we arrived.you''re probably right about making feelings clear inside the ground - but i didn''t hear anything of any note until the 85th minute when after a drab game a draw looked most likely.  no chants at the derby match for instance to my knowledge, although not great, it was a better performance that day.  lets face it, today was not good.

And here we all go again. I''ve said it before and I''ll say it agian. What is with the obsession of comparing WO to KTF? What does it matter. If you have a point about our club then make it. If thats the majority vote, then so be it. Ultimately all who have an opinion are welcome to. And if you want your opinion to make a difference then you will focus your time and effort on promoting your feelings rather than trying to compare what you think to someone else.

I just think that this is an extreemly ineffiecient way of doing business.

Focus on your goals and not what everyone elses goals are.