Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

NCFSC - Our first event of this season is ...........

Really pleased that we have Dean Smith and Craig Shakespeare for our first event of the season in the Norfolk Lounge ( Gunn club ) on July 21st

All the details are here http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/smith-shakey-fans-forum/  and you are all very welcome

Big thank you to Dan Houlker of ncfc for arranging  access to these two and thanks to Dean and Craig who readily agreed  and are looking forward to chatting to us fans

Diane ( on behalf of our volunteers team )

s and s poster.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Being thick … can’t see how to order tickets, or do you just turn up?

Just turn up with a fiver 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Being thick … can’t see how to order tickets, or do you just turn up?

As Fenway replied just turn up with your £5 cash and pay on the door plus dont forget to bring a £1 coin for a strip of raffle tickets 🤣

Everyone is welcome 💚💛

• Thanks 1

On 03/07/2022 at 15:57, Midlands Yellow said:

Will Shakey be signing those new mugs? 

If Shakey and Smith don't get presented with one each then it's definitely an opportunititty missed!

3 hours ago, AJ said:

If Shakey and Smith don't get presented with one each then it's definitely an opportunititty missed!

They might not see the funny side. Man boobs are a serious issue for middle-aged men.

3 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

They might not see the funny side. Man boobs are a serious issue for middle-aged men.

I misread the bit where you said ‘funny side’ - not quite sure that’s a side I’d like to see 😂

• Haha 3

Well done to Diane and her team for getting these two. 

Hopefully the usual good numbers will be attendance, raising some money for a good cause. 

Keep up the good work, and guests coming! 😊 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Looks great, Hopefully can finish early and come up.

Will main car park be open anyone know?

Yes ncfc carpark will be open and free to use, which it is for all our events.

No tickets reqd, just cash on the door as we dont have a card machine 

Should be a popular night

• Thanks 1

You beat me to it was just going to put link up to their website

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/norwich-city-fan-group-to-hold-forum-with-dean-smith-and-craig-shakespeare

They've also put the story on their facebook page and rt'd our event tweet which will spread the word much quicker than we can.

Very grateful for their support,  think it helps that  we raise money for their charity or maybe it's just that they like me  🤣

• Like 2

Questions we are being asked 

Can we park in the ncfc carpark - yes its free

Do we have to book tickets - no its pay at the door, we have the Gunn Club which holds over 550 so plenty of room

How much are the raffle tickets - £1 per strip - bring cash as we cant afford a cash machine 

What time does it finish - The fans forum starts at 7:30pm and will be finished by 9:30pm but you can stay around for a drink

Could I donate a raffle prize - Yes please  - just pm us, all will be gratefully rec'd

What if I can't get there until 7:45pm - Thats fine, come when you can but its still £5 ha ha

Where is the Gunn Club -  walk past the holiday inn from the car park, keep going and you'll come to the gunn club entrance

Lots of interest so come  nice & early to get on the front row

What is the usual format for these, as in are the attendees able to submit questions from the floor - do they have to be submitted in advance if so etc. 

Also @Pete Raventhis appears to have been unpinned, are you able to pin for another week or so, until the event ? 

6 hours ago, Greavsy said:

What is the usual format for these, as in are the attendees able to submit questions from the floor - do they have to be submitted in advance if so etc.

Ask whatever you want from the floor Greavsy is the usual procedure with the aid of a roving mic.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ask whatever you want from the floor Greavsy is the usual procedure with the aid of a roving mic.

This would seem like an ideal opportunity for a certain poster and shareholder ,to share their grievances, which I believe , they have not really aired in public before. I believe also that he would like his children and grandchildren  to be admitted, free of charge.  ...to this and all future events.

It may come as a surprise to some, but not all fans are entirely happy with the way the Club is currently run.

Edited by wcorkcanary

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Roving mic? I happen to know that he is Wanderings Hans' uncle .

On 12/07/2022 at 12:48, Greavsy said:

Also @Pete Raventhis appears to have been unpinned, are you able to pin for another week or so, until the event ? 

First 45 mins our host Michael Bailey will chat to both guests about all things ncfc, after that we ask for question from the audience, so its put your hand up and one of the volunteers will run round with a mic, we don't need any questions submitted,  ask whatever you like within reason.  When the questions run out or time runs out we'll then have our raffle

Bar is open until 10:15pm ish   

Thanks Tilly for replying,  didn't see it until saw your reply 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Is the Gunn Club/Norfolk Lounge the area located between the lower and upper Barclay?

Yes - Door at the corner of the Barclay / City stand. 

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Yes - Door at the corner of the Barclay / City stand. 

Cheers.

Last time I went there it was called The Executive Lounge, in about 1993!

29 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Cheers.

Last time I went there it was called The Executive Lounge, in about 1993!

Dont think we have any of those left now! well according to some on here anyways! 

Just to add, there was a deaf festival at the Forum recently so we are delighted to confirm that for our fans who are part of the deaf community, we will have Sue Herring, British Sign Interpreter with us signing throughout the evening.

• Like 1

If your opening address and thanks at the end is in sign language it could be a long evening. 😜

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If your opening address and thanks at the end is in sign language it could be a long evening. 😜

I only do a quick welcome nowdays so you will be spared listening to me for long 😀