Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Did Cantwell get a good reception?

From Norwich fans at the Dereham game?

And did he look like he was trying to put on a proper shift / observations of general attitude?

Genuinely curious as he's clearly a better player when he can be ar*sed than the likes of Sinani, Soto, Placheta, and various other pieces of lower chumps and League One fodder we've accrued, and if we can't shift him.... it would be nice if we could squeeze a little bit of something out of him whilst he runs down his contract?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Given he did get an assist fair to say he was trying. Much better than the last time he played for us in which he came out, looked like a deer lost in headlights and then was subbed of after ten minutes..  

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

7 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Didn’t get an assist. Just saying 

He got a pre- assist

• Haha 2

His corner for first, his through ball for the second. By definition of assists used by the authorities, no, but as a key ball leading to the goal then yes!

Edited by shefcanary

Well he put his boots on and ran up and down the pitch -what more can we poor suffering city fans want  -hehe

3 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Well he put his boots on and ran up and down the pitch -what more can we poor suffering city fans want  -hehe

An assist? 

I'm not really sure about any noticeable reception, but he seemed keen to make an impact and was popping up everywhere to get on the ball. I'm not sure whether that was to impress Smith or because he was playing in his hometown, but the commitment was certainly there. Also took a couple of tackles that he felt were a bit firmer than necessary which he didn't get a free kick for.

Let's see how it continues throughout preseason, if of course he's still he's still here at that point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

His corner for first, his through ball for the second. By definition of assists used by the authorities, no, but as a key ball leading to the goal then yes!

59 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Didn’t get an assist. Just saying 

So which one is it?

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So which one is it?

No assist. One key pass. One redirected corner 

I yelled “go on Todd curl one in” when he was taking a corner and he did so. So that for me was a perfect reception.

Someone’s kid held up a piece of cardboard which said “Cantwell give me your shirt” to which he spotted it and raised a smile. No shirt was given. Tbf the child’s effort was terrible, it was scrawled in biro on a torn box flap which led me to believe it was clearly done by an adult, potentially their parent who secretly coveted the shirt for their own ends. Whatever ill gotten ends they actually were I’ll never know as Todd was resilient enough not to forgo. 

I’d give Todd’s reception 4/5, he clearly knew he was on home turf and it was a bit awkward initially but he soon warmed up as did the crowd who by the end were chatting freely about selfies and autographs taken with our well maned protagonist of the piece.

Edited by Danke bitte
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I yelled “go on Todd curl one in” when he was taking a corner and he did so. So that for me was a perfect reception.

Someone’s kid held up a piece of cardboard which said “Cantwell give me your shirt” to which he spotted it and raised a smile. No shirt was given. Tbf the child’s effort was terrible, it was scrawled in biro on a torn box flap which led me to believe it was clearly done by an adult, potentially their parent who secretly coveted the shirt for their own ends. Whatever ill gotten ends they actually were I’ll never know as Todd was resilient enough not to forgo. 

I’d give Todd’s reception 4/5, he clearly knew he was on home turf and it was a bit awkward initially but he soon warmed up as did the crowd who by the end were chatting freely about selfies and autographs taken with our well maned protagonist of the piece.

Good job you didn’t shout “ go on Todd, curl one out ! “

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Im sure you'd have been armed with a dog **** bag if that scenario ensured. 

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Believe me.. the thought did cross my mind.. and I think he would have appreciated it tbh.