Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Match pick

Does anyone know the date when you get to choose you away match pick for next season? 

First date was 6th July, on canaries website recently.  You have couiple of days to select.  Apparently you pick a match and are later need to pay or something like that did'nt really compute.  I'm sure they will e mail on details before 6/7.

Was going to select first match to see how ream looks, but now on tv will save ticket and travel.

Not going to select myself cost £50 last season for Spurs, couldn't be bothered to go as we were so poor.  And lost a ton by going for a 4-0.

Hope useful

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bert said:

Does anyone know the date when you get to choose you away match pick for next season? 

6D229A62-4287-4ECA-BBB0-A566FF4908E2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I don’t think the match pick is quite as big a thing this season - with all due respect to them, I doubt there’s quite as much clamour to see Millwall, QPR, Preston, Stoke, Rotherham as there was to see Liverpool, Citeh, Man U, Arsenal, Spuds et al

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps the narrow window is designed so that the response "Luton' remains below 1,000?

Perhaps the narrow window has more to do with the fact that the season starts on the 30 July and decisions will have to be made quickly before the sale of tickets for Cardiff can commence? 

15 minutes ago, GMF said:

Perhaps the narrow window has more to do with the fact that the season starts on the 30 July and decisions will have to be made quickly before the sale of tickets for Cardiff can commence? 

No place here for your common sense answers. 

They could always say that's the window if you want your pick in the first month of fixtures. Then a longer period to get them in for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

No place here for your common sense answers. 

In my humble opinion, I think that the match pick option isn’t really necessary, except for just a handful of games, especially in the Championship. It’s just another excuse to “rinse fans” under the guise of self funding. Tell me if you think otherwise… 

The system is in place following lengthy consultation with the fans, I was at one of them. 

The agreed process remains in place, I understand, albeit with less groups now. you can't have a process that the club puts into place or not as the league position dictates, as the usual moaners will, well moan about that. 

12 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

The system is in place following lengthy consultation with the fans, I was at one of them. 

The agreed process remains in place, I understand, albeit with less groups now. you can't have a process that the club puts into place or not as the league position dictates, as the usual moaners will, well moan about that. 

The last system, although in place for several seasons, definitely needed tweaking. The Club opted to monetise the system, under the justification of self funding, which, in my opinion, probably wasn’t necessary, except for a handful of games.

We’re now in the third iteration of the revised scheme, which probably tells you all you need to know about versions one and two. 

1 minute ago, GMF said:

The last system, although in place for several seasons, definitely needed tweaking. The Club opted to monetise the system, under the justification of self funding, which, in my opinion, probably wasn’t necessary, except for a handful of games.

We’re now in the third iteration of the revised scheme, which probably tells you all you need to know about versions one and two. 

Did you attend any of the away ticket workshops? 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Did you attend any of the away ticket workshops? 

Yes. At Burnley away, in September 2019, also the all group collaboration in late 2019 / early 2020 (sorry, I forget exactly when) and, also, early season 2021/22.

More recently, I’ve been involved with discussions regarding the proposed revisions for 2022/23.

Why do you ask? 

3 minutes ago, GMF said:

Yes. At Burnley away, in September 2019, also the all group collaboration in late 2019 / early 2020 (sorry, I forget exactly when) and, also, early season 2021/22.

More recently, I’ve been involved with discussions regarding the proposed revisions for 2022/23.

Why do you ask? 

Just curious. Respect. 

Ben explained at the start of the meeting I attended that they needed to raise £x amount of money to make up for the shortfall. 

It's easy to say the club shouldnt be charging for this or that, but saying we should spend more. That money has to come from somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just curious. Respect. 

Ben explained at the start of the meeting I attended that they needed to raise £x amount of money to make up for the shortfall. 

It's easy to say the club shouldnt be charging for this or that, but saying we should spend more. That money has to come from somewhere. 

I’m curious about your second paragraph, not least because we’d just been promoted, back in 2019, to the Premier League, with the benefit of a £90 million plus windfall.

Don't get me wrong, the old system definitely needed tweaking, I just personally don’t think that monetising it like they did was absolutely necessary. Otherwise, you can justify just about anything in the name of self funding. 

I think as Ben explained the club needed and still does need to look to bring in cash from every avenue available. 

An interesting game of tennis.

OK so the Club struggles with Budgets relative to other Premier League Clubs. That said it is really appropriate to squeeze an extra £200k a year from fans when the budget is nevertheless substantially boasted by TV receipts? Should self funding be an excuse to squeeze fans?

The other big factor that ought to have been taken into account in such decision making are the fact that Norwich fans travel more than most of the 92.

At the consultation meetings numerous fans  were of the opinion that it won't work in the Championship.

Of course if the Club had been consulting with fans at the outset and/or have reacted to the FSA stance which I think was in some way linked to the Canaries Trust and/or have considered the scheme in the light of its own policies, it may never have got off the ground.

If the Squad and Board fly to matches and the latter makes up 20% of the passengers, how about them making donations of 20% of the costs. Maybe that would raise £200,000 per year?

Edited by essex canary