Just now, Mengo said:
Definition of impeccable

free from fault or blame 🤷🤔 

In our Championship seasons, in the context of football, yes.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In our Championship seasons, in the context of football, yes.

Its probably his impeccable record at the level we are now at that affords him such time. 

The Man himself has said before it's not a hard thing to do to be promoted from the championship.  So here we go again easy peasy.

9 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Its probably his impeccable record at the level we are now at that affords him such time. 

The Man himself has said before it's not a hard thing to do to be promoted from the championship.  So here we go again easy peasy.

Yeah, the level we are now is the Championship. And like I say, what he achieved with the relative budgets for both us and Huddersfield make his record, in the context of football, pretty impeccable at this level. Unless there's a host of better Sporting Directors or CEO's who've done a better job than him, i.e more promotions on a less budget, etc, then that stands up to scrutiny.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, the level we are now is the Championship. And like I say, what he achieved with the relative budgets for both us and Huddersfield make his record, in the context of football, pretty impeccable at this level. Unless there's a host of better Sporting Directors or CEO's who've done a better job than him, i.e more promotions on a less budget, etc, then that stands up to scrutiny.

CEO.  Has he assumed that job as well. By all accounts it would look very much like it. I was really hoping that he would play a big part in us surviving in the premier league. Four year contract for the manager? What was all that about, he really did believe in his own hype for sure. I'm still waiting for some kind of genuine apology from him for the fan base like the season before. The guy does not appeal to me, end of story. 

Duckspeak can be either good or “ungood” (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of “The Party” may be good.

oh Great so we now have Squad full of  Players who can only do it in the champs and now the DOF can only do it in the Champs ! 

i do not like him due to the fact he talks all the time about leaving 

his Failings in transfers was terrible last season 

i have met people like him many times quick to Point out Mcnally's Failings but not his own 

it was under Mcnally's watch many of the players Webber has sold were signed 

Maddison / Godfrey /Lewis all signed under leadership of  Mcnally

Edited by norfolkngood

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

oh Great so we now have Squad full of  Players who can only do it in the champs and now the DOF can only do it in the Champs ! 

Yo. Or maybe yo-yo. Enjoy the ride.

8 hours ago, chicken said:

Don't you know he has a body double?!! Damnit man!

Now point on the annual report where we were robbed of money by the board to pay for his body double, it's there! 😅

His body double also has impeccable taste in grey jumpers too then… 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

CEO.  Has he assumed that job as well. By all accounts it would look very much like it. I was really hoping that he would play a big part in us surviving in the premier league. Four year contract for the manager? What was all that about, he really did believe in his own hype for sure. I'm still waiting for some kind of genuine apology from him for the fan base like the season before. The guy does not appeal to me, end of story. 

Duckspeak can be either good or “ungood” (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of “The Party” may be good.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

i do not like him due to the fact he talks all the time about leaving 

his Failings in transfers was terrible last season 

i have met people like him many times quick to Point out Mcnally's Failings but not his own 

it was under Mcnally's watch many of the players Webber has sold were signed 

Maddison / Godfrey /Lewis all signed under leadership of  Mcnally

Whether you like him or not is irrelevant, I'm afraid.

If someone can point me to a Sporting Director with a better record at Championship level with comparable budgets then at least we have a reasonable alternative. As it is, getting rid of him out of spite makes zero sense for the future of this football club, thankfully our owners are clearly aware of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If someone can point me to a Sporting Director with a better record at Championship level with comparable budgets then at least we have a reasonable alternative. As it is, getting rid of him out of spite makes zero sense for the future of this football club, thankfully our owners are clearly aware of that.

I also think people forget the guy is still in his 30s and only human, prone to mistakes. Webber’s biggest crime is being overly honest, which I admired initially because it was a breath of fresh air. Because he achieved such quick successes I subscribed to the Webber train and couldn’t fault him until last summer’s recruitment which was dire. 

Since it’s been botched PR and he hasn’t covered himself in glory which has rankled. However as you point out, his Championship record is pretty spot on beyond the incredible job he’s done with the club infrastructure.

I appreciate his mouth gets him in trouble and rightly so, why make promises you can’t keep? But right now, the hyperbole takes a backseat, I couldn’t care less about the past season, so let’s see what he can do this one and moving forward because looking back at faults does no one any good.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Your correct  it's irrelevant what myself and others think about him. He's here ( just now) and that's that. 

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mengo said:

CEO.  Has he assumed that job as well. By all accounts it would look very much like it. 

If anyone has become the CEO it is not Webber but Zoe Ward.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

I would even say one that has done better with comparable budgets in the premier league.

We "might" be seeing one better at Brentford, other than that though... it would appear, at least, that the majority of other successes have been short lived or have more of a budget.

As many pointed out last time, though we spent a fair deal last season, net spend was something like £30m. Even Shef Utd threw down £20m on a single player.

As I've also said before. If you take the last few seasons, how many teams have been promoted and spent more than two seasons in the premier league? We have done it by yo-yo-ing. So have Fulham. Leeds are now on three, as are Villa I think. Both of those have spent more money. Watford, despite having spent more on wages and having a £25-30m player in their squad still struggled.

As for perceived whatever's about his character. I see something a bit different.

I think he's proud, determined and ambitious. Surely that's what you want? He also appears to be a sore loser. Again, is that not a trait you want? He reminds me a bit of Bellamy, wants to win every kick of the ball, not just games and is not a happy bunny if that isn't the case. And in a sense, he blames himself first, so gets defensive when others jab at him. We all have our traits.

Not only can football fans be fickle, they can have short memories. The grass is always greener on someone else's pitch... until it isn't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

If anyone has become the CEO it is not Webber but Zoe Ward.

Purps, Delia is trying to avoid giving power to one person, in order to maintain her own grip on things! It's accepted that CEO & Chair being the same person is not good for an organisation long term, Delia seems intent on managing without both!  I accept Ward is the conduit between board and executive, but to say she is the "CEO" would be a stretch.  You know my views on this so I'll stop here before I bore everyone again.

14 hours ago, hogesar said:

i Understand that it is not relevant about me liking him or not what the owners do  ,

But even you Hog must have realised he failed last season and burnt bridges with fans with comments 

Championship i agree he has had success 

he failed last season in my eyes badly with Transfers and PR were as bad as it gets really ,

Instead of holding his hands up i am sorry got that badly wrong 

he was all about Him i wanted to leave ( Again ) i wanted to leave but Delia asked me to stay etc 

maybe it is just me but Arrogant people who take the credit when things go well also have to take the flak when things go wrong 

42 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Purps, Delia is trying to avoid giving power to one person, in order to maintain her own grip on things! It's accepted that CEO & Chair being the same person is not good for an organisation long term, Delia seems intent on managing without both!  I accept Ward is the conduit between board and executive, but to say she is the "CEO" would be a stretch.  You know my views on this so I'll stop here before I bore everyone again.

You do yourself a disservice, shef. When conversation flagged at a dinner party I was hosting yesterday evening I mentioned the question of a lack of corporate governance at Norwich City and the danger of autocratic owners answerable to no-one, and it quickly sparked a lively debate on the current UK prime minister and corruption in the Conservative Party...🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i Understand that it is not relevant about me liking him or not what the owners do  ,

But even you Hog must have realised he failed last season and burnt bridges with fans with comments 

Championship i agree he has had success 

he failed last season in my eyes badly with Transfers and PR were as bad as it gets really ,

Instead of holding his hands up i am sorry got that badly wrong 

he was all about Him i wanted to leave ( Again ) i wanted to leave but Delia asked me to stay etc 

maybe it is just me but Arrogant people who take the credit when things go well also have to take the flak when things go wrong 

Total agreement, failed last season. 

He probably is arrogant and he probably does deflect blame (although he does always accept blame in the interviews, but because he says it's not just him and the whole club needs to assess itself people then argue he hasn't).

I'm just saying none of that really matter at this level when you have had consistent, constant success. If we lose the first game of the season and some fans wait outside and call him a c*nt again, he'll probably respond badly again. If we then go and win promotion again I'll be honest, he can treat those fans however he wants to, the majority won't care!

• Thanks 1

I hate conflating the two situations @PurpleCanary but I can understand where your guests were coming from.  Let's hope no hairdressers are spirited to another country because of shenanigans at the Carra'! 😆😉

Edited by shefcanary
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He probably is arrogant and he probably does deflect blame (although he does always accept blame in the interviews, but because he says it's not just him and the whole club needs to assess itself people then argue he hasn't).

I'm just saying none of that really matter at this level when you have had consistent, constant success. If we lose the first game of the season and some fans wait outside and call him a c*nt again, he'll probably respond badly again. If we then go and win promotion again I'll be honest, he can treat those fans however he wants to, the majority won't care!

yes i totally Agree 

it is not nice to say and in a Perfect world we would have a DOF who is maybe better with the fans 

if he brings success that will be forgotten and that is what we all want 

i think this is his make or break season though 

Hayden is a cracking signing if he stays fit 

just a little bit more upgrading here and there and i am sure he will have a successful season again

just drop that i am leaving stuff and i and i am sure everyone would be happy !!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

With the budget he has had at both us and Huddersfield, getting both teams promoted, us to the title twice, the first time with primarily free transfers and German third tier signings, then yes, that's as impeccable as it gets in football.

Unless you can think of a CEO / Sporting Director with similar budgetary restraints who has done better than Webber? Well, really we'd need at least 3 who's done better than him, then we could put Webber in a category slightly below them? Otherwise, in football terms, yes he has essentially an impeccable record at this level.

An impeccable record means never failed! But he has even at this level as he had seasons without promotion too, and surely the idea is to get to a higher level and prove yourself to be better but again he failed but we all know you won’t hear a bad word said about little old Norwich don’t we? 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

So if he can treat fans how he wants if we go up does that mean fans can treat him how they want if we don’t? 

And you advocate him calling fans the same as he got called if we go up? Wow, you are an idiot 

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

An impeccable record means never failed! But he has even at this level as he had seasons without promotion too, and surely the idea is to get to a higher level and prove yourself to be better but again he failed but we all know you won’t hear a bad word said about little old Norwich don’t we? 

So do you, or do you not have a name of a Sporting Director or a CEO who has outperformed Webber with a comparative budget over more seasons? 

Also, not getting promoted doesn't necessarily equal failure when those seasons were building seasons for what became promotion. 

Finally, I'll assume with both that and your last comment; you're pretending to be painfully thick rather than actually being so. This is got nothing to do with a bad word against Norwich. This is about Webbers career, both at Norwich and not.

If I've got it wrong and you are as thick as you're making out to be then apologies.

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So if he can treat fans how he wants if we go up does that mean fans can treat him how they want if we don’t? 

And you advocate him calling fans the same as he got called if we go up? Wow, you are an idiot 

Don't even know what you're trying to say here.

image.png.8b90237ef8917ddad68969f54390c848.png

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Don't even know what you're trying to say here.

image.png.8b90237ef8917ddad68969f54390c848.png

Wow! What a patronising **** you are!

No I’m not thick at all, I’ve got qualifications to prove that as well as a very good job.

The point about you blowing up Webbers record is garbage though, a career is judged on everything not just snippets, but you only see the good which is up to you by the way, but some of us see the whole record. Good in the Championship, yes, but **** poor in the EPL, so that’s the record he has, and he actually left Huddersfield before they were promoted but don’t let the truth get in the way of your Webber love in. 

8 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wow! What a patronising **** you are!

No I’m not thick at all, I’ve got qualifications to prove that as well as a very good job.

The point about you blowing up Webbers record is garbage though, a career is judged on everything not just snippets, but you only see the good which is up to you by the way, but some of us see the whole record. Good in the Championship, yes, but **** poor in the EPL, so that’s the record he has, and he actually left Huddersfield before they were promoted but don’t let the truth get in the way of your Webber love in. 

In which case, stop pretending to be so thick on here! I don't get how you can expect me to think anyone else when you misappropriate pretty much everything I say!

I've acknowledged his performance in the Premier League. My point, and I'm not repeating it again because you've essentially told me you're not thick so I shouldn't need to, was outside of the Premier League.

Also, why have you then decided to pretend to be thick again at the end of your post? 

Yes Webber left just before Huddersfield got promoted but the Sporting Director has already hired the manager,  recruited the players and instilled an ethos by that point. I.e everytujng within his remit has been completed by then. Webber wasn't a player involved in playing the last games, was he?

Now, if you can start behaving more like the qualifications and good job suggest you should, actually read and comprehend what I say, then I'll stop assuming you're struggling to keep up intellectually.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

In which case, stop pretending to be so thick on here! I don't get how you can expect me to think anyone else when you misappropriate pretty much everything I say!

I've acknowledged his performance in the Premier League. My point, and I'm not repeating it again because you've essentially told me you're not thick so I shouldn't need to, was outside of the Premier League.

Also, why have you then decided to pretend to be thick again at the end of your post? 

Yes Webber left just before Huddersfield got promoted but the Sporting Director has already hired the manager,  recruited the players and instilled an ethos by that point. I.e everytujng within his remit has been completed by then. Webber wasn't a player involved in playing the last games, was he?

Now, if you can start behaving more like the qualifications and good job suggest you should, actually read and comprehend what I say, then I'll stop assuming you're struggling to keep up intellectually.

Patronising again I see, so nice oh mighty one who thinks he’s above so many on here.

That attitude you show to myself and many other posters on here is why a few people think you are a complete tool, and why people like myself take what you say with a pinch of salt, oh mighty great Norwich fan 😎

Good day to you my Lord high and mighty

19 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Patronising again I see, so nice oh mighty one who thinks he’s above so many on here.

That attitude you show to myself and many other posters on here is why a few people think you are a complete tool, and why people like myself take what you say with a pinch of salt, oh mighty great Norwich fan 😎

Good day to you my Lord high and mighty

Maybe look at the attitude of your posts to me first, before being quite so judgemental yourself. And had you actually read what I wrote as opposed to making up other arguments, this exchange wouldn't have even happened.

With those who are capable of reading and all the other basics, I get along with really well on here.