Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

New sponsors of the Barclay stand

Bloody hell, that's definitely a Football League level sponsor isn't it.... dodgy double glazing cold callers.

Blue and white looks absolutely ghastly next to the yellow and green stickers as well, what are they doing to Carrow Road, wrecking it with all these banners, started looking like the stadium of a tinpot chips and gravy Northern rugby league stadium.

We'll be having a "night with Roy Chubby Brown" scheduled in soon. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We'll be having a "night with Roy Chubby Brown" scheduled in soon. 

At last some decent entertainment at CR 😉

Looks bad, and I used to work for them as a caller waaay back. Disappointed, liked Woodfordes, had a great logo too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Just about finished

PXL_20220630_073102035.jpg

No wonder they can afford that they quoted me £6500 to fit two windows and a door was 3 times the price of the the next dearest quote I had. 

It's still Woodforde's internally. They signed a 5 year renewal in 2020,  unless they've had a get out...

This is Exactly my Point 

We attract Firms like this for sponsorship 

not the best reputation as others have said try and rip people off with 3 x times the Price anyone else would do it for 

start at 20k phone the sales manager gives you a offer get it down to 10k where everyone else would do it for 3.5k

blue and white on a city stand who is in charge of the marketing dept !! 

9 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

This is Exactly my Point 

not the best reputation as others have said try and rip people off with 3 x times the Price anyone else would do it for 

start at 20k phone the sales manager gives you a offer get it down to 10k where everyone else would do it for 3.5k

I'd better take my comment on improved governance of the marketing & commercial depts. that I just posted on the Kit thread then! 🤣🤣🤣

I hope the funds from these new sponsorship deals are going to address a better portion of scampi! 

2 hours ago, Browno said:

It's still Woodforde's internally. They signed a 5 year renewal in 2020,  unless they've had a get out...

Maybe they had a relegation clause...... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

No wonder they can afford that they quoted me £6500 to fit two windows and a door was 3 times the price of the the next dearest quote I had. 

Had the same thing. Quoted £15k to replace windows whilst others were all around £5k. 

18 hours ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

Had the same thing. Quoted £15k to replace windows whilst others were all around £5k. 

Ahhh, yes but then they will make a phone call to their "manager" and agree on a discount if you take it out immediately and agree to a board outside your house

• Haha 1

When I purchased my house they charged me £50 per previous installation to transfer the guarantee/s into my name/ ownership. However until I paid they wouldnt tell me how long each one had left. 

I recently tried to claim, but evidently (what turns out to be) delamination isn't covered after 5 years. It's detailed in the exclusions in the paperwork I never had! 

I wouldn't go near them for any products, much better available at a much cheaper price, almost anywhere else. Customer service is shocking too. 

Should have gone with Everest with a huge picture of Ted Moult and Webber with thumbs up. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should have gone with Everest with a huge picture of Ted Moult and Webber with thumbs up. 

a advert with Webber up a mountain now shutting a window with a feather 🪶 

“ buy Anglian after I have finished climbing for the day , I love coming back to a warm lodge with these windows ! “ 

• Haha 1

On 30/06/2022 at 10:52, norfolkngood said:

This is Exactly my Point 

They may be rip off merchants with dodgy sales reps.... but at least they are local rip off merchants with local dodgy sales reps.

They are c*nts, but they are our c*nts.

Local c*nts for local people. 

• Haha 3

I'll be needing a new door and windows soon and based on comments on here I won't be getting quotes from these lot.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'll be needing a new door and windows soon and based on comments on here I won't be getting quotes from these lot.

Honestly just best to stick to established local firms, e.g. Broadland Windows, rather than the national firms with the extensive network of sales reps and huge marketing spends.

Often find that the fitters will be the same people anyway, majority of window fitters are self-employed and work for multiple companies! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

If Anglian Home Improvements can provide windows in any colour, why can't they put up a sign to match the rest of the stadium? Been to Carrow Road today to buy my son a shirt & we both thought that signage just looks wrong.

Be OK at Bolton Wanderers maybe, but we play in yellow & green!

I wonder who at NCFC 'negotiated' this sponsorship? Poor procurement...

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

If Anglian Home Improvements can provide windows in any colour, why can't they put up a sign to match the rest of the stadium? Been to Carrow Road today to buy my son a shirt & we both thought that signage just looks wrong.

Be OK at Bolton Wanderers maybe, but we play in yellow & green!

I wonder who at NCFC 'negotiated' this sponsorship? Poor procurement...

I think it's a bad move, but if we restricted ourselves to brands with yellow and green colours we'd be fishing in a pretty small pool.

14 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I think it's a bad move, but if we restricted ourselves to brands with yellow and green colours we'd be fishing in a pretty small pool.

I wonder how much effort was put in from NCFC to encourage yellow & green colours? We managed it before with Woodfordes...

Edited by Norfolk Mustard

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Go Local 

Deal with the owner not Salesmen who will tell you anything for a sale 

Window fitters are key 

i have seen good window fitters make poor windows good 

and i have seen really bad fitters make the best windows rubbish !! 

Most windows are the same ,you get different profiles ( plastic part ) but most are all the same sort of rating etc 

handles etc are all pretty standard 

these big companies say their product is far better but in fact they are just the same 

the big companies after service is terrible 

Always get more than one quote and when they say are you in a position to do a deal today always say no give me your best price and i will contact you 

they want to catch you off guard 

you can tell a good company a mile off he will come in measure up say i can do it for xyz let me know if you want to move forward no pressure 

30 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Go Local 

Deal with the owner not Salesmen who will tell you anything for a sale 

Window fitters are key 

i have seen good window fitters make poor windows good 

and i have seen really bad fitters make the best windows rubbish !! 

Most windows are the same ,you get different profiles ( plastic part ) but most are all the same sort of rating etc 

handles etc are all pretty standard 

these big companies say their product is far better but in fact they are just the same 

the big companies after service is terrible 

Always get more than one quote and when they say are you in a position to do a deal today always say no give me your best price and i will contact you 

they want to catch you off guard 

you can tell a good company a mile off he will come in measure up say i can do it for xyz let me know if you want to move forward no pressure 

Exactly that

As well as giving you the price and leaving with no pressure , they generally don’t need to advertise

• Like 1

While I agree that the blue and white does jar, and no doubt the chaps down the road will have a good chuckle at it, I am very much in favour of home improvements..... and also some away ones!

• Haha 1

I can remember my first wife arranging for a rep to come round and quote for new windows and a door on a Wednesday evening whilst I was at carrow road. Last thing I said before going was not to agree to anything and not sign anything. Needless to say the following morning I was 6k down . And another reason why I'm not retired yet !

1 hour ago, raunds canary said:

I can remember my first wife arranging for a rep to come round and quote for new windows and a door on a Wednesday evening whilst I was at carrow road. Last thing I said before going was not to agree to anything and not sign anything. Needless to say the following morning I was 6k down . And another reason why I'm not retired yet !

Worth remembering if you get a quote from a cold caller / door knocker you have 14 days cooling off, however if you invite a company over to quote and you sign up with them,  you don't legally have a right to a cooling off period.