cambridgeshire canary

What team would you start V Dereham?

I shudder whenever I see the name Hugill in a City line-up .... even for a friendly.

Great bloke ... apparently. League 1 footballer ... obviously. 

There was so much discussion about this player two seasons ago that any further would amount to repetition.

Suffice to say that so many questioned his suitability even for that very strong Championship unit and when a variation of attack was needed... so what's changed?

It will be a totally random team for a glorified training session. A lot of the players aren't even back yet. I expect McGovern to start in goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Id start with a first team and switch up at half time tbh. 

Krul, 

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Gianoullis 

Hayden, PLM

Cantwell, Dowell, Rashica

Pukki

1 minute ago, fredherring said:

Even by the standards of a thread creating narcissist, this is pathetic. 

You don’t have to read them and I’d say you typing cr8p like this is you yourself trying to garner attention. I don’t understand your need to create a hundred different personas then come and troll perfectly decent threads? It’s like you’re not even a Norwich fan just someone who likes to annoy people on an Internet forum. Really strange but if that’s your thing you do you. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Even by the standards of a thread creating narcissist, this is pathetic. 

How is asking people what players they would start against a team we are facing in just two days pathetic? Like, I get your account is a troll and bait account anyways but come on man.. Plus I have made far worse posts than this go complain on them😂

16 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I shudder whenever I see the name Hugill in a City line-up .... even for a friendly.

There was so much discussion about this player two seasons ago that any further would amount to repetition.

Suffice to say that so many questioned his suitability even for that very strong Championship unit and when a variation of attack was needed... so what's changed?

I mean if Hugill can't get on the scoresheet against Dereham is there any hope for him in our squad? But yeah, very much a case of a great guy who just sadly is not exactly the best when it comes to playing.

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean would probably switch it up at half time, but if it were me.. But what team would you go with?

team.png

I would think a 4 2 3 1, with McLean next to Hayden and Dowell in that forward 3. I reckon Sargent and Rashica either side with Idah or Hugill. Potentially changing to a 4 4 2 with the Idah / Hugill combo up top, PLM with Hayden in the middle flanked by Rashica and Sargent. It’s an interchangeable formation. 

Depends who’s back from leave so maybe we’ll see the 4 3 3 variant too?

Barden 

Mumba Omobamidele Tomkinson McCallum 

Gibbs      Riley 

Springett.               Clarke.           Rowe 

Kamara 

• Like 1

If all fit (available)

Gunn 

Aarons omabomadele Hanley dimi 

Hayden Sorenson 

Tzolis.         Dowell.             Cantwell 

Rashica 

With the understanding of pukki, poss going and cantwell having one last crack at it. But poss change to 442 at 1/2 time with idah and Sargent up top

15 minutes ago, Haus said:

Id start with a first team and switch up at half time tbh. 

Krul, 

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Gianoullis 

Hayden, PLM

Cantwell, Dowell, Rashica

Pukki

I would go strong as well but I don’t see Pukki or Hanley playing due to not having a break after international duty.

Therefore, if fit, I’d play Idah up front and big Andy at RCB. 

I wouldn’t play Cantwell unless he’s going to commit to our EFL campaign. I’d play Josh or play Rachica on the right (just for this game) and give one of the many left wingers a game. 

Probably our strongest line up for first 45 mins and then switch up in the second half to get peripheral players involved. Be interested to see what the current injury/fitness status is of multiple players like Idah/Omo etc etc.  

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Probably our strongest line up for first 45 mins and then switch up in the second half to get peripheral players involved. Be interested to see what the current injury/fitness status is of multiple players like Idah/Omo etc etc.  

Would be very surprised if they are not fit, but sure hope they are as I get the feeling this upcoming season will heavily feature them

Don’t think we will see Aaron’s or Pukki given they have played internationals recently. Probably the same for giannoulis and Hanley 

Just now, norfolkngood said:

i am sure it will be more youth team players than first team Pukki etc have played internationals etc 

Yes probably best to rest players like Pukki and play in the latter / more competetive pre season fixtures.

9 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Yes probably best to rest players like Pukki and play in the latter / more competetive pre season fixtures.

I would imagine Celtic and Marsellie will feature our full strength squads

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would imagine Celtic and Marsellie will feature our full strength squads

Absolutely. It's a bit soon to be doing that yet. And it isn't as though we have loads of new players to get up to speed 😉

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I would go strong as well but I don’t see Pukki or Hanley playing due to not having a break after international duty.

Therefore, if fit, I’d play Idah up front and big Andy at RCB. 

I wouldn’t play Cantwell unless he’s going to commit to our EFL campaign. I’d play Josh or play Rachica on the right (just for this game) and give one of the many left wingers a game. 

Players involved in internationals haven't even come back yet. Think they got an extra week off.

So you can rule out Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Giannoulis, Rashica, Pukki, Tzolis.

Anyone I missed there?

Not sure if Hayden will feature either due to recovery from injury, same could be said for McLean, Idah & Omobamidele.

Edited by Move Klose

Can’t see Cantwell playing for us again personally.

I imagine it will be chock full of youngsters who might have a chance this year and seniors definitely or potentially staying.

I think we will have a better idea in the next week who is being considered and who is out of Smiths plans.

Edited by Monty13

FFS don't people read anything on here.  Idah & Omobamidele aren't back in training until next week, Pukki & Hanley are on annual leave and doubtful they will be back training until next week. It'll be very much a 2nd string supplemented with a lot of U23's. 🤦‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

You don’t have to read them and I’d say you typing cr8p like this is you yourself trying to garner attention. I don’t understand your need to create a hundred different personas then come and troll perfectly decent threads? It’s like you’re not even a Norwich fan just someone who likes to annoy people on an Internet forum. Really strange but if that’s your thing you do you. 

I much preferred him as Bill 👍😄

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

FFS don't people read anything on here.  Idah & Omobamidele aren't back in training until next week, Pukki & Hanley are on annual leave and doubtful they will be back training until next week. It'll be very much a 2nd string supplemented with a lot of U23's. 🤦‍♂️ 

Not really. We wait for someone like you to summarise things for us in an easy and condensed fashion 🙂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

Players involved in internationals haven't even come back yet. Think they got an extra week off.

That's what I was going to say; it's very much a skeleton squad at the moment so several youngsters and players on their way out will get a run out.

56 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Omobamidele has featured a few times in the training photos that the club have released, so he's definitely back in training.

2 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Anyone I missed there?

Not sure if Hayden will feature either due to recovery from injury, same could be said for McLean, Idah & Omobamidele.

Hayden returned to full training with Newcastle towards the end of April so I’d hope he would feature for us.

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

A good option from the bench as shown many a time last championship season 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think I’d start our new players to get them bedded in nice and early….

That’s the one then

I'd think Cantwell should get on - his home town after all. Think you'll see the reserves essentially getting this gig, and some of the returning loanees. Suspect McCullum, Bumba, Sinani, Hugill would all get starts. Lungi probably will, Tomkinson might.

I like seeing youngsters given a go in these matches. Assume players on international duty are getting an extra week or two off

1st half

McCracken, Mumba, Hernandez, Tomkinson, Gibson, Sorensen, Cantwell, Rowe, PLM, Sargent, Dickson-Peters

2nd half

Barden, Byram, McCallum, Zimbo, Famewo, Gibbs, Dowell, Springett, Hugill, Omotoye , Martin