Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Stuart Webber - come on down……..

………from that fcuking mountain and do the job you’re being paid for, or is the transfer window part of the 10 per cent.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Tragic how grown men are falling to pieces about the fact we've done the same amount of transfer business as the majority of the league, despite already having a bigger and stronger squad than 90% of it.

• Like 8

The fact you feel its stronger and bigger does'nt mean its the best squad in the league. I keep reiterating that the reason we went up last time was simply thru Buendia,Skipp and Pukki. Never got near replacing Buendia(admittedly difficult), Hayden is a comparitive unknown and who knows where Pukki will be.The rest of the squad are serial losers and if we don't start well I fear the ghosts of last season will soon begin to spook them.Hope i'm wrong but we'll see.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

The fact you feel its stronger and bigger does'nt mean its the best squad in the league. I keep reiterating that the reason we went up last time was simply thru Buendia,Skipp and Pukki. Never got near replacing Buendia(admittedly difficult), Hayden is a comparitive unknown and who knows where Pukki will be.The rest of the squad are serial losers and if we don't start well I fear the ghosts of last season will soon begin to spook them.Hope i'm wrong but we'll see.

'comparative unknown'

😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

If Haydens a comparative unknown then that's a you problem for not following football. He's pretty well known as a Premier League holding midfielder. The only bit unknown - if you want to use that phrase - is if his injury has any long-term implications, although medicals would throw up anything obvious and beyond that if it was a problem we wouldn't be committed to buying him.

The rest of the squad aren't serial losers at this level, they're serial winners, whether you like that or not.

How many championship teams starting eleven's would you swap with ours? I'd love to know, and we can compare each player and see how they stack up in terms of their experience in this league?

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Tragic how grown men are falling to pieces about the fact we've done the same amount of transfer business as the majority of the league, despite already having a bigger and stronger squad than 90% of it.

The trouble is, the best players are all starting to get rumoured away and it’s getting people concerned 

1 hour ago, mannings bandy legs said:

You say that but you haven’t even given the players who we replaced Buendia the chance to flourish in the same level as he did, Buendia at premier league level is and was a disappointment 

the rest of the squad are not serial losers at this level and in fact are serial winners 

weve replaced skipp with Hayden who would walk into any side in bottom half of prem let alone championship 

our Youth players are another year on from their progression 

calm the f down love and look forward to the season ahead 

Not sure the majority of the league is correct but yeah it’s still early days and I presume this is teams without a permanent signing rather than loans 

Edited by Virtual reality

So when we sign someone Deano gets the credit as with Hayden, and rightly so, but when we don't it's Webber's fault 😂

I'm ok with that actually but that's another story.

I still think we need an attacking midfielder. Dowell is ok at Championship level but it's a very long season and we need competition for places and back-up.

I think somewhere in all this there has got to be some middle distance beyond the blind faith we are just going to walk this league because we went up twice under Farke. The next 30 odd days is key, I still believe we have one, if not the strongest squad on paper, however they are also very used to getting beaten soundly and that can’t be good for team morale. A big task for Smith lies ahead, I believe it will be more down to his management skills and motivation over anything else. Oh and we must retain Pukki, no question.

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not quite sure about the belief we have a better squad than most.

But all the positive fans about Smith said give him this summer to build his team! Now you’re all saying that players who were appalling last year will somehow win this championship! So is Smith going to build his team or are you saying he’s got enough and to go with what he’s got? I’m getting a little confused?

I certainly expected more changes than we’ve had, it’s certainly concerning that other than Pukki the rest of the players aren’t attracting any real suitors! Funny we all thought we’d be getting 20 odd million for Aarons, 8 million plus for Cantwell….the reality is Tzolis and others out on loan is the best that’s being offered up to now!

Should some be getting concerned, no not really, but I do point the finger back at Webber comments about exciting news, where? The rumours of a potential investment just when the heat was on! That’s gone very quiet and here we are just over 6 weeks away from the start of a new probably very important season we are very much still a disjointed club who needs to sell before we can buy, with a DOF who is still focused on his Mountaineering and the fans at absolute opposite ends of expectations, some on here are still defending the club to the hilt, others asking relevant questions. 
The life and times of being a NCFC fence sitter!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Not sure the majority of the league is correct but yeah it’s still early days and I presume this is teams without a permanent signing rather than loans 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12631265/transfer-news-summer-transfer-window-2022-championship-ins-and-outs

There's a lot of free transfers in the list.

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I see Tom Ince is available on a free he might be worth a punt 

He signed for Reading last week

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The trouble is, the best players are all starting to get rumoured away and it’s getting people concerned 

Like who? And only rumours?

2 hours ago, Indy said:

But all the positive fans about Smith said give him this summer to build his team! Now you’re all saying that players who were appalling last year will somehow win this championship! So is Smith going to build his team or are you saying he’s got enough and to go with what he’s got? I’m getting a little confused?

I certainly expected more changes than we’ve had, it’s certainly concerning that other than Pukki the rest of the players aren’t attracting any real suitors! Funny we all thought we’d be getting 20 odd million for Aarons, 8 million plus for Cantwell….the reality is Tzolis and others out on loan is the best that’s being offered up to now!

Should some be getting concerned, no not really, but I do point the finger back at Webber comments about exciting news, where? The rumours of a potential investment just when the heat was on! That’s gone very quiet and here we are just over 6 weeks away from the start of a new probably very important season we are very much still a disjointed club who needs to sell before we can buy, with a DOF who is still focused on his Mountaineering and the fans at absolute opposite ends of expectations, some on here are still defending the club to the hilt, others asking relevant questions. 
The life and times of being a NCFC fence sitter!

The Squad is strong enough but that is not good enough 

we need to sell some of the champs players we have and buy some potential if not if we do end up go up then we are left with the same squad as last season 

we need to improve the squad every season 

Webber should be here football's busiest time of the year ! 

Like who? And only rumours?

Pukki, Rashica, Aaron’s, Krul etc.It’s only internet spiel, but you know how people get…

50 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Pukki, Rashica, Aaron’s, Krul etc.It’s only internet spiel, but you know how people get…

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought people were saying all the best transfers we could get IN were being rumoured to go to other clubs and I couldn't think of an example.

Now I understand lol 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Hayden is a comparitive unknown

He's played more Premier League games (118) than any other outfield member of our squad, just for a bit of insight into how ludicrous this part of your post is. Tim Krul the only member of our squad to have more English top flight experience. 

Its the  established domestic players with experience of getting out of the Championship and then staying up in the top flight would do just fine, that's exactly what we need. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's played more Premier League games (118) than any other outfield member of our squad, just for a bit of insight into how ludicrous this part of your post is. Tim Krul the only member of our squad to have more English top flight experience. 

Its the  established domestic players with experience of getting out of the Championship and then staying up in the top flight would do just fine, that's exactly what we need. 

Absolutely, an affordable and decent player who will certainly add a bit of steel this season and can be relied on to make the step up. But this is just one player who fills a need, we really need to replace a few of the current squad.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Absolutely, an affordable and decent player who will certainly add a bit of steel this season and can be relied on to make the step up. But this is just one player who fills a need, we really need to replace a few of the current squad.

I suspect we need to trim the fat a bit before recruiting, at the very least, even if a big sale isn't needed.

We've accrued an alarming amount of deadwood haven't we, and could do with shifting some of it on permanents or season long loans. 

I think we could really do with a quality wide player, but can't see one coming in unless we can get a few wide players off the payroll. 

And still a quality box to box midfielder short, one addition not sufficient there.

When we start seeing outgoings I'll become more optimistic about some incomings. 

• Like 1