Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Kit tomorrow

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Image leaked from the official site floating around social media,

Don't know if it's part of kit launch or what but this could be massive!!!!

image.png.1333afdd6ff13c11c56ca7fb68c3d908.png

Its the new EPL Trophy and when we will be winning it. Handles are a bit too big really.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Its the new EPL Trophy and when we will be winning it. Handles are a bit too big really.

Ah post super league, when the "big boys" are off playing in Saudi replicas of Old Trafford & Anfield?

Look forward to it, lovely design.

21 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Image leaked from the official site floating around social media,

Don't know if it's part of kit launch or what but this could be massive!!!!

image.png.1333afdd6ff13c11c56ca7fb68c3d908.png

Michael McGovern signs for another three years? That is massive!

• Sad 1

Could it be that "not a kit launch" is hinting that the kit has already been launched? Basically, a return to an older kit. (ASICS?)

Edited by Darth Vadis
  • Like 1

Its either a kit launch

..not a kit launch

..or a kit launch and another announcement?

Hoping its a takeover announcement with the new owners holding up a remake of the hummel 86/87 season kit for the new season!

• Haha 1

Lot of people thinking the use of green in the teaser suggests we might do a Brentford and re use the same one for another year.

Not sure I buy that, perhaps if we had been successful whilst wearing it. I don't think we would let that visual reminder of last season fester for another year.

7 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Lot of people thinking the use of green in the teaser suggests we might do a Brentford and re use the same one for another year.

Not sure I buy that, perhaps if we had been successful whilst wearing it. I don't think we would let that visual reminder of last season fester for another year.

And the fact they’d have to replace the old badge with the new one. Wouldn’t make a lot of financial sense 

15 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

And the fact they’d have to replace the old badge with the new one. Wouldn’t make a lot of financial sense 

Quite - it’s going to have a new badge on it, so by definition it’ll be different.  Imo there’s little point in having had a brand redesign only to keep it the same…but I’m all for a promise of it being kept for two years.

Edited by Branston Pickle

20 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Brentford have another years prem money to cover the loss of shirt sales, we dont.

Nah, you’re all wrong. ‘Not a kit launch’ will definitely be how we are getting Todd off the books for good.
cryptic post to provide ironic tribute - check 

Cannon - check 

aerodynamically braided hair - check

a sh** tonne of gunpowder. - check

Just need Todd….. wait…….. he’s got a slight illness so might not make it tomorrow. Sorry guys 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

OMG I love stuff like this, cryptic messages, hype, excitement...   Can't wait for the disappointment in the morning! 🙂

I may have a mars bar on standby.

Marianne Faithful calling round?

• Haha 1

If we launch the kit and say “for sustainability, we’re keeping this shirt for two seasons”, then I’d buy it. Just like the good old days. I’ll just have to keep the gym up so I don’t outgrow it during the two years.

4 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

Brentford have another years prem money to cover the loss of shirt sales, we dont.

They won’t do after this coming season 

17 minutes ago, Robornio said:

If we launch the kit and say “for sustainability, we’re keeping this shirt for two seasons”, then I’d buy it. Just like the good old days. I’ll just have to keep the gym up so I don’t outgrow it during the two years.

There's more chance of us releasing a 4th choice alternate kit than going back to that model. 

I assume we've already taken a hit on potential sponsorship income choosing to go with Lotus over an international betting company this year. Although I do get why they'd want Lotus in a year where we're rebranding.

14 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

There's more chance of us releasing a 4th choice alternate kit than going back to that model. 

I assume we've already taken a hit on potential sponsorship income choosing to go with Lotus over an international betting company this year. Although I do get why they'd want Lotus in a year where we're rebranding.

Stock levels were so ropey the past 3-4 months anyway, I can’t see this happening. They will have been designing the new kits over the past 10-12 months anyway, I can’t see it going down that route.

9 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Cannot fathom what it could be so my guess is thus

Given this choice of colour scheme, which hasn't been used anywhere else since the rebrand, a switch to primarily green with yellow trim. instead of the normal mainly yellow.

What like the Green Bay Packers? Not sure how the EFL would feel about helmets, but maybe it could be argued that it’s a safety thing. 

46 minutes ago, Ren said:

Stand by to be disappointed. 

Are we getting a motto under the new badge?

It sounds good in Latin, "Adesto ut confundar".

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Not a kit launch, but a new range of bobblehead figures. 

I’ve always wanted a flan eating bobble head of Pete Raven