Sign in to follow this  
andy knights

we must support the players

After all the sniping and bithching at each other finally ends Either in the form of worthy leaving or next season starting with worthy and at christmas we are actually doing ok again do you think the taste in the players mouths will be the same. The players obviously have there own opinions of what should happen however they are not voicing this out loud (maybe on the pitch though) The outbursts against the team does not help moral Too many times this season has the fortress that was carrow road fell silent in sheer disbelief that a squad that was so strong on paper didnot perform how we wanted everyone has a bad day we have had a lot i hear you say even so if we all gave up on things just because we had a bad year life would be very different Things must improve and will improve but like everything it needs time

WE WILL SUCCEED IF WE LET TIME HELP US

A couple of points, Andy.

1. We are NOT "actually doing OK again". Do you call drubbings by Reading and Crystal Palace "OK"? What on earth would we be like if we were not doing "OK"?

2. I don''t need anyone to tell me to support the players, thank you. It''s Worthington that needs to go, not the players. The new manager will get rid of those players who are not right for us, I would like to think. 

i hear what your saying. a lot of people are about to barrack you for saying it though. cue the onslaught.....

After all the sniping and bithching at each other finally ends Either in the form of worthy leaving or next season starting with worthy and at christmas we are actually doing ok again do you think the taste in the players mouths will be the same. The players obviously have there own opinions of what should happen however they are not voicing this out loud (maybe on the pitch though) The outbursts against the team does not help moral Too many times this season has the fortress that was carrow road fell silent in sheer disbelief that a squad that was so strong on paper didnot perform how we wanted everyone has a bad day we have had a lot i hear you say even so if we all gave up on things just because we had a bad year life would be very different Things must improve and will improve but like everything it needs time

WE WILL SUCCEED IF WE LET TIME HELP US

TIME WHAT TIME, WE ARE ON A DOWNWARD SPIRAL ! THE SOONER N.W GOES THE BETTER !

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

A couple of points, Andy.

1. We are NOT "actually doing OK again". Do you call drubbings by Reading and Crystal Palace "OK"? What on earth would we be like if we were not doing "OK"?

2. I don''t need anyone to tell me to support the players, thank you. It''s Worthington that needs to go, not the players. The new manager will get rid of those players who are not right for us, I would like to think. 

[/quote]I think, if you read carefully Link, that Andy suggests that either Worthy will be gone next season, or he will still be here with the team doing ok again next Christmas. He isn''t saying we''re doing ok now.The fact you feel personally attacked by his comments is indicative of the scenario Andy''s drawing for us - i.e. the position the club is in will likely be different in 9 months, one way or the other, but some of the poison currently infiltrating the fanbase may take longer to leech out. Andy is appealing to fans who are considering a silent protest during games, in much the same way Hucks does in today''s EDP & Pink''un.

Well is he talking about now (per Hucks'' article TODAY) or next Xmas? It''s all a matter of interpretation, depending upon which spin you want to put on it.

And if you want to keep having a pop at me Perm, please continue...no problems.

maybe, but its like trying to turn a supertanker before it hits the rocks isn''t it?get behind the team calls are commonplace, but in reality the performances are regulary poor and the atmosphere likewise.  i noticed a 5/10 atmosphere against derby, but after brighton anything would have been an improvement.  graveyard atmosphere again yesterday. the silent majority are not happy it seems.