CANARYKING

Where does the money go ?

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s interesting, you seem to be alleging fraud. 

Just wait till he starts rambling on about "for life" again and thinking that means transferable for as long as humans walk this planet...or longer.

39 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Can hear the drawing of breath and the tapping of pencils from the “I don’t suffer fools “ brigade. 🤣

Sounds interesting 🤔. Where can I join?

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Oh, and here's the Championship 2020/21. I think this explains pretty well where the money goes in football.

Screenshot_20220626-102353.png

This really isn't going to suit a lot of people....😅

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

When information is in the public domain about a certain couple setting up a Charity and engaging in mountain climbing, the Club has only got itself to blame if people get the wrong idea.

It’s a completely separate activity to the club. It just so happens that it has been undertaken by two employees of the club *in their own time*. It sounds like you want to put restrictions on what employees do when not working?

Also, if it’s a charity, it will be overseen by the Charity Commission. I don’t know quite how this works, but it will be regulated in a similar way to a PLC.

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Oh, and here's the Championship 2020/21. I think this explains pretty well where the money goes in football.

if we are a Self Funding club how can we spend 117 % 

i thought the idea was we spend 100 % every year so we do not borrow anything or owe any thing 

unless that takes into account the sky money parachute payments then we can spend that bit extra 

and the chart is based on normal turnover without sky 

Edited by norfolkngood

17 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

And our figures do indeed include promotion bonuses. I can't be bothered to check but in the seasons when we have not had to pay out such bonuses (which in effect get at least partly paid for by the massive increase in earnings in the next - EPL - season) then our figure has always been below 100 per cent and often comfortably so.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, essex canary said:

When information is in the public domain about a certain couple setting up a Charity and engaging in mountain climbing, the Club has only got itself to blame if people get the wrong idea.

It's obvious now. Stuart has been climbing mountains and burying the clubs money up there, in a few years time when the memories have faded he'll back up there to recover it.

Another Webber master stroke.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And our figures do indeed include promotion bonuses. I can't be bothered to check but in the seasons when we have not had to pay out such bonuses (which in effect get at least partly paid for by the massive increase in earnings in the next - EPL - season) then our figure has always been below 100 per cent and often comfortably so.

thats what i thought a self funded club should not be spending 117 % 

But every canary fan knows it seems to be the same every year whatever division we are in, it's the owners who keep coming out with this every year. 

Maybe some American Investment might help this situation, but don't hold your breath on that one happening any time soon... Just saying! 🤔

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It's obvious now. Stuart has been climbing mountains and burying the clubs money up there, in a few years time when the memories have faded he'll back up there to recover it.

Another Webber master stroke.

It's not really a master stroke-with global warming the snow will melt and the cash will be uncovered.

1 minute ago, Mr Angry said:

It's not really a master stroke-with global warming the snow will melt and the cash will be uncovered.

It just means he won't have to climb as high to retrieve the cash. Masterstroke.👍

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

if we are a Self Funding club how can we spend 117 % 

i thought the idea was we spend 100 % every year so we do not borrow anything or owe any thing 

unless that takes into account the sky money parachute payments then we can spend that bit extra 

and the chart is based on normal turnover without sky 

As Purple said (and also the small print at the bottom 😉), it includes promotion bonuses. 

And let's not forget that there are other expenses aside from wages, so wages to turnover for us must always be considerably lower than 100% or we'll be in a pickle. 

When you look at how much the others spend in this division, it makes you realise how crucial it is we get promoted while we have parachute payments, otherwise we'll be left needing a minor-miracle on a shoestring like in 2018/19.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Badger said:

If you read some of the threads on finance that were on here you would know that other clubs pay wages as well! 😀

If you had read what i posted in response to cambridge you might and i repeat might just get what i was saying. maybe a sarcastic emoji might have helped.

50 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Sounds interesting 🤔. Where can I join?

Dear oh dear . Nuff old chap. You don’t join. You get approached . It’s the old tap on the shoulder . When It happens you will know . Not many of us turn it down , and even then we wonder if we really should have accepted ? 

Carry on as you are Dear Boy. But I wouldn’t hold your breath.  

• Sad 1

Also, where have we actually pled poverty? Did we do it just before we signed Hayden, who's been a regular Premier league player for several seasons and will have a salary which reflects that?

All I've seen is articles by third parties saying we might need to sell one or two to make big moves in the market but that applies to pretty much every Championship club relegated from the Prem,  with or without billionaire owners.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Football in general relies on the goodwill of benefactors to survive. We don't have a benefactor. Perhaps the most extraordinary statistic I've heard recently is that Roman Abramovich put £1m a week of 'his own' money into Chelsea for 19 years. 

As for the lack of information in the accounts, what is it that people want? The accounts as they stand are legal and what I'd expect to see from a company the size of Norwich City. I assume people want to see a list of how much each player earned which is frankly just being nosey. 

I think the most extraordinary thing I have read recently is that after recent information being released that you can call it "Roman Abramovic putting £1m a week of his own money in to Chelsea".

It was loans and it wasn't his money. It transpires it was just a huge money cleaning front for Putin and oligarchs.

47 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s a completely separate activity to the club. It just so happens that it has been undertaken by two employees of the club *in their own time*. It sounds like you want to put restrictions on what employees do when not working?

Also, if it’s a charity, it will be overseen by the Charity Commission. I don’t know quite how this works, but it will be regulated in a similar way to a PLC.

On that basis no reason for them or The Club to put that information in the public domain especially when there is far more interesting information that could be put to the public.

It may also be worth remembering that the Chair of the Club's Audit Committee has resigned and there is no information on a replacement. Seems like a Boris style situation.

The 53% owners maybe best advised to keep the Webbers under pressure for improved performance rather than being seen in public having comfy meals.

25 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think the most extraordinary thing I have read recently is that after recent information being released that you can call it "Roman Abramovic putting £1m a week of his own money in to Chelsea".

It was loans and it wasn't his money. It transpires it was just a huge money cleaning front for Putin and oligarchs.

I thought the point of money laundering was-dirty money in, clean money out. Not a lot of point in Putin and his mates putting money in and nothing coming out.

58 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

thats what i thought a self funded club should not be spending 117 % 

And think about it, dumbass. What happened in 2019/2020 season that would have seriously curtailed income? 

I'll give you a clue. It begins with P and rhymes with hysteric, which is what I often think these threads end up as.

• Sad 1

Christ, Essex doesn’t half see a conspiracy in everything and whinge a lot - perhaps there’s something in the water down there.

I’m sure you could ask the club for more information, but they are quite probably not obliged to give it to you;’the necessary information needed for accounts will be being adhered to.

Re the charity that two directors have set up, it is completely separate and will be governed by Charity regulations. I’m sure reports will be filed and will be viewable if you really are that desperate to look.

Edited by Branston Pickle

32 minutes ago, chicken said:

That's why I put the words 'his money' in inverted commas. 

The fact that it was loans is largely irrelevant, particularly as £1.5bn was effectively written off as part of the takeover. 

The point I'm trying to make is that football has gone mad and we can't compete. 

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

27,000 every home game, lots of hospitality and restaurant cash, club shop always packed, PLUS millions of tv and parachute money, yet we are always pleading poverty. Some of our players must be seriously over paid !

Question: Where does the money go ?

Answer: On an extremely poorly executed attempt to stay in the Premier League.

Exhibit A: Josh Sargent

Annie (1982) - IMDb

Strengths: Runs a lot, nice smile, has two legs, good singing voice.

Weaknesses: Everything else.

OTBC

This matter was succintly explained by Webber when asked.  We just continue to urinate the money against the wall.  And after the millions to be garnered from a PL season around £120m we still insist on being skint.  So still urinating so much that we are unable to refresh the squad even a little buy before sell, no takers for our under performing clowns.  We will go with what we've got then, but according to many on here we have a squad the envy of many in Champs.  Sorry cannot see this perceived quality.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

This matter was succintly explained by Webber when asked.  We just continue to urinate the money against the wall.  And after the millions to be garnered from a PL season around £120m we still insist on being skint.  So still urinating so much that we are unable to refresh the squad even a little buy before sell, no takers for our under performing clowns.  We will go with what we've got then, but according to many on here we have a squad the envy of many in Champs.  Sorry cannot see this perceived quality.

So are you suggesting we shouldn’t be spending the money we have? Just stick it in a Post Office account for a rainy day?

What you’re actually asking for is us to spend our money better. Easy to say, difficult to achieve. And given the resources we have, we are actually spending well already, given that we keep getting to the PL.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you had read what i posted in response to cambridge you might and i repeat might just get what i was saying. maybe a sarcastic emoji might have helped.

Yes,  perhaps I could have used a sarcastic emoji but I'm not sure how it would have help you? In any case, I don't like using sarcasm and prefer a nice jolly emoji with a smiling face! 😃

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Its all written down on the back of a fag packet.

Couldn’t beat the 1940 and 50’s

Packed in like sardines then the gate attendance shown as a half empty stadium

Used to go through the Police Gate at corner of The Barclay for 10 woodbines 

Turnstiles somehow would be stuck so we’d squeeze through for a couple of bob 

All cash in those days so everyone having a dip  from the top to bottom 

Players on bikes

Directors in Bentleys

How it’s changed 

Edited by daly

1 minute ago, daly said:

Couldn’t beat the 1940 and 50’s

Packed in like sardines then the gate attendance shown as a half empty stadium

Used to go through the Police Gate at corner of The Barclay for 10 woodbines 

Turnstiles somehow would be stuck so we’d squeeze through for a couple of bob 

All cash in those days so everyone having a dip  from the top to bottom 

Players on bikes

Directors in Bentleys

How it’s changed 

Remember the night matches where you could see a fag being lit every five seconds in the opposite stand.

IF city start  losing a few games at the start of the season "all on here will be shouting we need signings and where's all the money gone " etc