Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Bale set to sign for Los Angeles?

Makes sense, temperature-wise. Might as well play in southern California if the World Cup's going to be in a baking Middle Eastern theocratic shytehole, I guess.

• Like 1

Just saw on the BBC it’s confirmed. Bit of a weird one really as I’m sure there were loads of Prem clubs interested. If it’s a question of money then he’s u-turned on his rhetoric of that not making a difference. Glad we won’t be facing him anyway 

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The MLS get some "names" in don't they, all oldies by the time they get there but some names nonetheless 

Indeed, they've been raiding Serie A this summer with Chiellini, Insigne and Criscito all moving. Insigne only turned 31 this month though, so he still has some decent years left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

Just saw on the BBC it’s confirmed. Bit of a weird one really as I’m sure there were loads of Prem clubs interested. If it’s a question of money then he’s u-turned on his rhetoric of that not making a difference. Glad we won’t be facing him anyway 

He's not really been motivated by football other than Wales over the past couple of years, maybe he thinks Los Angeles is the perfect balance between a good lifestyle and keeping in shape for the World Cup. He wouldn't be far wrong.

For some reason a stint in the US seemed more likely.  The romantic notion would be Cardiff, but he’s still relatively young, has shed loads of money and a footballer’s mentality.  

17 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The MLS get some "names" in don't they, all oldies by the time they get there but some names nonetheless 

Makes sense for the pros, massive final pay day in a league that’s barely Championship standard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So forget his I won't move just for money

I mean move to Cardiff for 40 grand a week or move to LA and get paid 100 grand a week? 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

If he stayed in England he would be a target for all the cloggers that inhabit the Championship.  Putting WC in jeopardy.  Makes sense to avoid the likes of Sheff U, Blackburm, Boro and many others, but would have loved an easy trip to NCFC

2 minutes ago, pete said:

If he stayed in England he would be a target for all the cloggers that inhabit the Championship.  Putting WC in jeopardy.  Makes sense to avoid the likes of Sheff U, Blackburm, Boro and many others, but would have loved an easy trip to NCFC

Think its safe to say Bale would be getting slide tackled non stop almost every match

When the BBC said that Cardiff were holding talks with Bale’s representatives it did also say that some US clubs were supposed to be too. I think he was even linked to a return to Spurs. It’s a massive blow for Cardiff, but at least the possibility of him scoring a hat trick against us in our opening game of the season has been wiped out 

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean move to Cardiff for 40 grand a week or move to LA and get paid 100 grand a week? 

Yep Money talks even for people with thousands ( Millions) in the bank,  not like yesteryear when players moved to a lower league & still had the class to play! 

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Makes sense for the pros, massive final pay day in a league that’s barely Championship standard.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

So forget his I won't move just for money

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

1 hour ago, stratton canary said:

Yep Money talks even for people with thousands ( Millions) in the bank,  not like yesteryear when players moved to a lower league & still had the class to play! 

It has been stated that Bale will not be a Designated Player, which means the maximum he can earn is $1.6m a year, which equates to around £1.3m a year or £25k a week.

Of course, that's still excellent money in real terms, but considering he has been earning about £15m a year after tax for the last six years and could earn much more than £25k a week in the Premier League, I think you can safely say that this move is certainly not motivated by money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Does playing in MLS really keep his game sharp?

Well he looks quite sharp for Wales despite playing in 5 league games for Madrid this season. He just needs to keep himself fit, playing games and training to be a force for Wales.

• Like 1

With Cardiff adding 9 players already to their wage bill, realistically I don't think Bale was ever going to go there even for £10k a week.

25 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It has been stated that Bale will not be a Designated Player, which means the maximum he can earn is $1.6m a year, which equates to around £1.3m a year or £25k a week.

Of course, that's still excellent money in real terms, but considering he has been earning about £15m a year after tax for the last six years and could earn much more than £25k a week in the Premier League, I think you can safely say that this move is certainly not motivated by money.

Only 25 grand a week? Thats hardly enough for the weeky shopping! How ever will he survive 😔

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

image.png.4c7f4cbf21261eae22c3c1499e2ac87a.png

I do like you Cambridgeshire 🤣

It's hard not to. 

Some miserable tw@s  don't though, for some reason.

• Like 2

This move makes total sense, and a great opportunity for him and his family.  He can play for years and gives his family a great life experience.

3 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

He won me over a while ago. Would be unbearable if he knew so let’s keep that quiet 

Agreed, let's keep it between us. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Newtopia said:

This move makes total sense, and a great opportunity for him and his family.  He can play for years and gives his family a great life experience.

Initially a 1 year deal, half of which is off-season?

The MLS season has already started and is only 34 games long so it's a perfect opportunity for Bale to get to full fitness ahead of the WC.

He was never going to the Chump at this stage. Who knows in the future.

17 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

When the BBC said that Cardiff were holding talks with Bale’s representatives it did also say that some US clubs were supposed to be too. I think he was even linked to a return to Spurs. It’s a massive blow for Cardiff, but at least the possibility of him scoring a hat trick against us in our opening game of the season has been wiped out 

Yeah it will just have to be somebody else now 😯