Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Away membership

Anyone know what this entitles me to? Cardiff away is well within my reach but expecting a lot of away support. In the past it hasn't mattered and there have been away tickets on the gate.

According to the club website it gives you:

• Access to away match tickets 
  • Membership welcome pack 
  • Access to exclusive events 
  • Club offers and discounts
  • Access to yellow rewards
  • Access to exclusive competitions

I think the main bit is the priority access - the main problem is if you have friends in different groups, if you want to go together you have to wait for the lowest group and hope there’s still tickets.   Back in the day you didn’t have to even think about such things! 

As a season ticket holder you could just wait until Group 4 comes around. The 2 risks though are the Club cuts the allocation as it did at Chelsea last year or that you get jettisoned by a non- season ticket holder paying £25 perhaps for the first time.

On that basis I am happy to leave more room for others as none of this has been properly agreed with the Club's loyal fans.

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

As a season ticket holder you could just wait until Group 4 comes around. The 2 risks though are the Club cuts the allocation as it did at Chelsea last year or that you get jettisoned by a non- season ticket holder paying £25 perhaps for the first time.

On that basis I am happy to leave more room for others as none of this has been properly agreed with the Club's loyal fans.

You obviously think there is no entitlement for exiled canary fans who are not season ticket holders because of distance to be able to obtain tickets in the part of the country where they live as opposed to season ticket holders who have no intention of going to away games which i suggest to you is a substantial number of 1,000's ?

As for your proper agreement with the club's loyal fans although i do not know who was consulted over the current scheme i am happy to accept their word that consultation took place.

Please don't come bleating on here yet again about away memberships at the start of December when only 1,000 tickets ( the full allocation by the way ) for Luton on Boxing Day go on sale. I have paid my £25 and will be having Luton as my match pick.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 minutes ago, daly said:

Can’t beat spending Boxing Day in that ****hole

9 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Anyone know what this entitles me to? Cardiff away is well within my reach but expecting a lot of away support. In the past it hasn't mattered and there have been away tickets on the gate.

As long as you purchased the away membership by 17 June (last Friday) you get a Match Pick. This means that you get to choose one match that you are guaranteed to be in the first sales group for. You have to choose that match between 6 July and 10 July. Then, when the tickets for that match go on sale, you will be in the Match Pick sales group-you just need to purchase it before they are released to the rest of the groups as they might sell out before you buy yours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously think there is no entitlement for exiled canary fans who are not season ticket holders because of distance to be able to obtain tickets in the part of the country where they live as opposed to season ticket holders who have no intention of going to away games which i suggest to you is a substantial number of 1,000's ?

As for your proper agreement with the club's loyal fans although i do not know who was consulted over the current scheme i am happy to accept their word that consultation took place.

Please don't come bleating on here yet again about away memberships at the start of December when only 1,000 tickets ( the full allocation by the way ) for Luton on Boxing Day go on sale. I have paid my £25 and will be having Luton as my match pick.

I am sure that if supporters had known the Club's tactics in advance more  would have chosen Chelsea as their match pick last season.

As it happens I wanted to go with my wife and son but the differential groups made that impossible as my son only wants to go to South East based games these days which for big games is nigh impossible then weakens the score for future seasons. Given his experience of the first season, my son won't pay neither will I.

Point accepted re Luton as clearly those such as you who have kept up the loyalty must be rewarded. Equally this all started with the Club undermining loyalty at Rotherham 3 years ago which is the only match I missed in the last 4 months or so that season. Then they believe supporters should pay them for their failures.

It may be interesting to know what value the former Chairman of the Audit Commitee Stephan Phillips added to the introduction of Away Membership? Then again it maybe helpful to know who has replaced them in that role and what value they can add to this issue amongst others.

Edited by essex canary

On 25/06/2022 at 20:29, essex canary said:

. Equally this all started with the Club undermining loyalty at Rotherham 3 years ago which is the only match I missed in the last 4 months or so that season.

Did you complain to the club about not getting a ticket to the Rotherham game?

One thing I found quite unclear was whether away membership included away game commentary on the website... I know home membership does, but it reads like away membership doesn't include it.  I messaged the club for confirmation on this, but haven't had a reply...

Living in Lincoln, it's the only way I can get commentary really, as Radio Norfolk has a very poor signal here.

Does anyone know for definite if radio commentary is included or not?  It always used to be before this Home / Away boll&*x

On 27/06/2022 at 12:08, NewNestCarrow said:

Did you complain to the club about not getting a ticket to the Rotherham game?

Yes and to be fair to Ben Kensell he did apologise which is more than his successors seem to do though it could be argued that the apology seemed somewhat hollow 3 months later.

On 27/06/2022 at 17:27, Gibbo said:

One thing I found quite unclear was whether away membership included away game commentary on the website... I know home membership does, but it reads like away membership doesn't include it.  I messaged the club for confirmation on this, but haven't had a reply...

Living in Lincoln, it's the only way I can get commentary really, as Radio Norfolk has a very poor signal here.

Does anyone know for definite if radio commentary is included or not?  It always used to be before this Home / Away boll&*x

Who knows. I haven't had a reply to my similar enquiry. Unfortunately it reflects what was a very poorly designed and non- consulted scheme at the outset from which they have never recovered but are too stubborn to clear up the mess.

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

Yes and to be fair to Ben Kensell he did apologise which is more than his successors seem to do though it could be argued that the apology seemed somewhat hollow 3 months later.

Are you ever satisfied? 

On 25/06/2022 at 11:03, HazzaJet said:

According to the club website it gives you:

• Access to away match tickets 
  • Membership welcome pack 
  • Access to exclusive events 
  • Club offers and discounts
  • Access to yellow rewards
  • Access to exclusive competitions

It’s tempting reading that list, still giving it a miss though. 

On 25/06/2022 at 20:29, essex canary said:

I am sure that if supporters had known the Club's tactics in advance more  would have chosen Chelsea as their match pick last season.

As it happens I wanted to go with my wife and son but the differential groups made that impossible as my son only wants to go to South East based games these days which for big games is nigh impossible then weakens the score for future seasons. Given his experience of the first season, my son won't pay neither will I.

Point accepted re Luton as clearly those such as you who have kept up the loyalty must be rewarded. Equally this all started with the Club undermining loyalty at Rotherham 3 years ago which is the only match I missed in the last 4 months or so that season. Then they believe supporters should pay them for their failures.

It may be interesting to know what value the former Chairman of the Audit Commitee Stephan Phillips added to the introduction of Away Membership? Then again it maybe helpful to know who has replaced them in that role and what value they can add to this issue amongst others.

Is it really the club’s “tactics”, to use your word? The Premier League clubs agreed a while back between themselves, the current system for the allocation away tickets. Each team has to choose from a specific number of pre-set blocks, which are set by the home team. NCFC actually has four different blocks on offer, but some teams, including Chelsea, has just two. Each away team also has to purchase all the tickets in their allocated block, whether it sells all the tickets, or not. There’s no sale or return option, as in the EFL, nor is there usually any chance of taking a further block.

Ultimately, it’s a judgment call by the away team and, unlike yourself, who seems to be commenting with the benefit of hindsight, there’s occasions when they get it wrong. 

The Club has again tweaked the allocation system for next season, with less groups, so family and friends have a much greater chance of getting tickets together. Being in the Championship will also make a difference, unless, of course, we get off to a flyer and the demand for away tickets increases significantly. Undoubtedly, that will probably give you something else to moan about! 😉

• Like 1

20 hours ago, essex canary said:

Kensall made it pretty clear that complaints he received about the Rotherham & Villa games that season were influential in monetising the Away ticketing process. This - and other Membership changes - were unpopular with the vast majority and will ensure that thousands of City fans now have to pay more to follow their team.

Thanks.

On 25/06/2022 at 19:46, TIL 1010 said:

What happens if more than 1,000 people select this one as their match pick?

12 hours ago, pearsos said:

Possible, but unlikely. Last season, in the Premier League, the maximum match pick numbers were in the 500’s. 

On 29/06/2022 at 18:33, GMF said:

Is it really the club’s “tactics”, to use your word? The Premier League clubs agreed a while back between themselves, the current system for the allocation away tickets. Each team has to choose from a specific number of pre-set blocks, which are set by the home team. NCFC actually has four different blocks on offer, but some teams, including Chelsea, has just two. Each away team also has to purchase all the tickets in their allocated block, whether it sells all the tickets, or not. There’s no sale or return option, as in the EFL, nor is there usually any chance of taking a further block.

Ultimately, it’s a judgment call by the away team and, unlike yourself, who seems to be commenting with the benefit of hindsight, there’s occasions when they get it wrong. 

The Club has again tweaked the allocation system for next season, with less groups, so family and friends have a much greater chance of getting tickets together. Being in the Championship will also make a difference, unless, of course, we get off to a flyer and the demand for away tickets increases significantly. Undoubtedly, that will probably give you something else to moan about! 😉

Thanks for the information which does add some insight. Nonetheless still a belief that the Club could have been more proactive at the time in explaining that and/or that even in the context of an early kickoff and petrol supply problems they were being exceedingly conservative in estimating  how many Norwich fans may attend.

The fact is that I would have gone to that match as a foursome, there was no way we could have got tickets together. The Club rejected my proposal for a solution stating that it wouldn't be fair to other Norwich fans then ensured the tickets were sold to Chelsea fans. Apologies if you don't think that is grounds for complaining. 

On 30/06/2022 at 08:44, NewNestCarrow said:

Kensall made it pretty clear that complaints he received about the Rotherham & Villa games that season were influential in monetising the Away ticketing process. This - and other Membership changes - were unpopular with the vast majority and will ensure that thousands of City fans now have to pay more to follow their team.

Thanks.

I was listening to an LBC radio debate this morning about corporate complaints procedures. The interviewee stated that customer complaints should be treated on their own merits rather than hijacked by companies for their own purposes. Quite!

Perhaps Kensell"s marketing background led him to the conclusion he reached.

That said employees should be 100 per cent and 360 degree professional in the roles they are fulfilling which in this case I suspect should have included a change to the Club's Articles of Association that to this day doesn't reflect a change of policy which was implemented hurriedly and, in my view, inappropriately.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I was listening to an LBC radio debate this morning about corporate complaints procedures. The interviewee stated that customer complaints should be treated on their own merits rather than hijacked by companies for their own purposes. Quite!

Perhaps Kensell"s marketing background led him to the conclusion he reached.

That said employees should be 100 per cent and 360 degree professional in the roles they are fulfilling which in this case I suspect should have included a change to the Club's Articles of Association that to this day doesn't reflect a change of policy which was implemented hurriedly and, in my view, inappropriately.

An interesting way of measuring professionalism. How many degrees are we getting out of Stuart Webber? 324?

18 hours ago, GMF said:

Possible, but unlikely. Last season, in the Premier League, the maximum match pick numbers were in the 500’s. 

Brentford which was a new ground and with an away allocation of only 1800ish attracted 750 for the match pick.

On 30/06/2022 at 09:10, pearsos said:

In the event of that happening i would hope that it is done by those chosing it as a match pick starting Group1, then Group 2 and so on rather than the lottery of a ballot.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

An interesting way of measuring professionalism. How many degrees are we getting out of Stuart Webber? 324?

Can't all angles be covered in 90. Ask a goalkeeper, the great KK perhaps.

On 29/06/2022 at 18:24, Capt. Pants said:

Might also give you priority for a Wembley Play Off Final ticket vs a total plastic 😉

I feel seen.

On 01/07/2022 at 16:26, TIL 1010 said:

Brentford which was a new ground and with an away allocation of only 1800ish attracted 750 for the match pick.

Whilst aware that Brentford was the most popular choice for match pick, unsurprisingly, I didn’t actually know the number. However, that still left over 1,000 tickets for other fans.

Other “high demand” games apparently maxed out around the 500 mark, with just over 50% of away members actually utilising the match pick option, which does rather beg the question over the necessity of this element of the membership scheme? 

1 hour ago, GMF said:

Whilst aware that Brentford was the most popular choice for match pick, unsurprisingly, I didn’t actually know the number. However, that still left over 1,000 tickets for other fans.

Other “high demand” games apparently maxed out around the 500 mark, with just over 50% of away members actually utilising the match pick option, which does rather beg the question over the necessity of this element of the membership scheme? 

It’s an added attraction for new away members. Those who have built up loyalty over a few years and are in group 1 probably won’t need it, but it’s a useful way of guaranteeing a ticket for a particular game if you don’t have much of a buying history.