Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Scott Twine off to Burnley for just 4 million quid

6 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Listening to the Pinkun boys they say Smith has made it clear the two biggest holes he wanted plugging was DM and an AM.

We got the DM. If we are looking for the AM and Twine wasn’t on our radar you’d have to ask why? 

Maybe we may end up with someone better come start of the season, we’ll have to wait and see.

However let’s not pretend one of our strongest rivals getting a talented player who fits our usual buying criteria and is exactly the type of player we are looking for isn’t on face value a bit of a blow.

Specifically though I understand Dean Smith was looking for an 8, a box to box midfielder who could score. 

Believe Twine played in an advanced role, either left wing/striker in a 3-4-3 or as an out and out striker.

I'd expect he's targeting someone with some legs and physicality, and I'm not sure Twine fits the bill.

4 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

It always amazes me when any football fan is clueless at Geography, if following football has made me an expert on anything its where places are and countries flags 😁

I always chuckle a bit when away fans start to chant "who are yah" I mean, I know it's not literal, but it does sound funny when they are the visiting fans... I mean, if they don't know where they travelled to... 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

There's more chance of Emi Buendia coming back this transfer window than there is of Burnley being a fishing village. 😉

So what you're saying is that there's a CHANCE?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Orly said:

So what you're saying is that there's a CHANCE?

Slim and none, and Slim's just died.

• Haha 1

A goal-scoring midfielder is the least of our concerns when we already have the likes of McLean, Dowell and Lees-Melou threatening the back of the net week in week out………

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, unique said:

A goal-scoring midfielder is the least of our concerns when we already have the likes of McLean, Dowell and Lees-Melou threatening the back of the net week in week out………

McLean sprays more loose shots than a feckin' randy tomcat!

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Paddy said he'd be surprised if we paid 3 or 4m for a single player this window. Sleepwalking into disaster. 

Don't worry- Keeping players that have got us relegated twice is sure to not backfire. third times the charm right?😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

Paddy said he'd be surprised if we paid 3 or 4m for a single player this window. Sleepwalking into disaster. 

No he didn't. You are misquoting him again. He said he didn't envisage us spending that much on a player unless we sold someone, and it is likely that at least Aarons will go this summer, and for a decent amount.

• Like 1

While I like the idea of Twine, if we look at this rationally, Dowell was / is a better bet at this level. Played a load of games at this level with good effect. 5 goals in 10 starts. Already embedded in the squad, more experience etc etc. All for 2 million less. Who ever signed him could teach that Webber a thing or two 😜

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Wonder if our contingent of foreign players are thinking this season is going to be easy!    Quite a few fans do it seems. 

Rude awakening incoming this time!!!   

Honestly, why do you bother coming here? You clearly aren't a fan of this club judging by the endless stream of moaning, bitching and whining. 

This has been at least the 2nd summer in a row we would likely lose Aarons and still he is here. I'm not convinced he's going anywhere and given the likely surprise exit of Tzolis, I don't think we should rush to get rid of him.

6 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Are you quoting Dumb and Dumber here?! 😁

👍

I'm a walking 'only 90's kids will get this' facebook meme.

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2022 at 14:01, hogesar said:

This will disappoint Ipswich fans, some of whom genuinely believed they stood a good chance of signing him this window.

No, I'm not joking.

Haha you what? They surely didnt think that. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Honestly, why do you bother coming here?

Well simply because I am as entitled to comment here as you are and I suspect it won't be too long before you are contradicting yourself with that one.    Hardly a moan, just an observation that may or may not be accurate.     

2 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Haha you what? They surely didnt think that. 

Yep. There was a lot of disappointment from their fans on twitter that I saw being retweeted,  so had a look on TWTD and yep,  they genuinely thought they stood a chance.

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep. There was a lot of disappointment from their fans on twitter that I saw being retweeted,  so had a look on TWTD and yep,  they genuinely thought they stood a chance.

I know they are deluded but wow that's something else.

Screenshot_20220625-185936_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Move Klose
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

I know they are deluded but wow that's something else.

Screenshot_20220625-185936_Twitter.jpg

I quite enjoyed this tweet.

Conor Grant has joined MK Dons

Jack Taylor Peterborough want £10m

Scott Twine Going to the champ

Woodrow has joined Luton

Screenshot_20220625-190002_Twitter.jpg

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2022 at 14:01, hogesar said:

This will disappoint Ipswich fans, some of whom genuinely believed they stood a good chance of signing him this window.

No, I'm not joking.

one of the Ipswich fans I know is adamant they are the richest team in the football league now

11 hours ago, Paul101 said:

one of the Ipswich fans I know is adamant they are the richest team in the football league now

I bet they're also adamant that they're still champions of England and Europe because their great great grandad told them they won these trophies once apon a time.  🤣

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Gutted he's gone to a promotion rival. Has huge potential and would provide that attacking outlet we desperately need.

44 minutes ago, Legend Iwan said:

Gutted he's gone to a promotion rival. Has huge potential and would provide that attacking outlet we desperately need.

Think we all know he's bound to score against us.