Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Scott Twine off to Burnley for just 4 million quid

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean both are full of crackheads so really much difference? Although at least Blackpool has a tower I suppose..

Norwich has second highest number of drug deaths in the country, data reveals

Good job you never read that headline in the EDP. 

The overall point being that we may have been able to afford £4 million if we hadn't 'invested' in Tsolis for the future only to now have to wait to see if we can get our money back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

This makes me angry. 🤬

The verdict 

A player that proved to be above the level with MK Dons for the vast majority of the campaign, the 22-year-old represents someone who can make an impact in the here and now, whilst also being able to play a big part in the future.

Naturally, it will be a big step up for the young attacker, however, given the confidence and ability he displayed last season, he has every chance of replicating that at Turf Moor.

This will come as a blow for several Championship clubs who have been monitoring this situation.

THE HERE AND NOW AND ALSO THE FUTURE. 😉😡

Edited by Mengo

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Burnley the tiny fishing crackhead village with debt it can't get rid off and whos best players are fleeing like rats on a sinking ship and he would rather sign for them.

Round of applause for Webber 👏👏👏  (although can he hear us up that mountain..?)

Saw this post mentioned on twitter so thought I'd come and see if ud really posted it, why don't you have a couple of days off a week, find a hobby, can't be healthy stuck on here 24/7

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The overall point being that we may have been able to afford £4 million if we hadn't 'invested' in Tsolis for the future only to now have to wait to see if we can get our money back.

And with Tzolis, much to a lot of people's dismay, we're losing creative spark. 

If £4m gets you a top end League One player then we're going to have to spend a lot more to bridge the gap between L1 and Chump.

I really don't know what people are expecting. It appears to be a great bit of business by Burnley.

Hopefully Webber has some irons in the fire but I'm worried about the lack of creativity and guile from midfield.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If £4m gets you a top end League One player then we're going to have to spend a lot more to bridge the gap between L1 and Chump.

I really don't know what people are expecting. It appears to be a great bit of business by Burnley.

Hopefully Webber has some irons in the fire but I'm worried about the lack of creativity and guile from midfield.

Outs before ins and I would think someone else will land next week. Just because pre season starts 

Not sure I understand the dismay here, got to be honest I've never heard of the lad, although that might be due to my complete lack of interest in the EFL when we're not in it. 

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Totally agree. If we aren't going for £4m highly rated young english players, who did extremely well one league down, we're playing a risk game to get them outside of England. And that served us REALLY well last year 🙂

He's one I'd like to see us rebuild our woeful midfield around

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Outs before ins and I would think someone else will land next week. Just because pre season starts 

Early bird catches the worm.

I suggest this is made the go-to thread for posters to complain that we have missed on players we were never known to have had the slightest interest in signing.😍

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

What in the flying f*ck are you on about? There's absolutely no evidence we were even interested in him! How on earth can you give Webber stick for something you just made up?

Listening to the Pinkun boys they say Smith has made it clear the two biggest holes he wanted plugging was DM and an AM.

We got the DM. If we are looking for the AM and Twine wasn’t on our radar you’d have to ask why? 

Maybe we may end up with someone better come start of the season, we’ll have to wait and see.

However let’s not pretend one of our strongest rivals getting a talented player who fits our usual buying criteria and is exactly the type of player we are looking for isn’t on face value a bit of a blow.

• Like 5

I suspect as a self-funding, parachute dependent club I suspect we need to materially reduce our wage bill and, therefore, we are priced out of league one players. Only new investment can change our business model.

• Like 1

We need the AM in urgently so they can start to gel with Pukki and our wingers. As mentioned, hopefully next week in time for the pre season friendlies.

We've been relegated for 2 months so there really is no excuse. 

There seem to be four possibilities:

1) We looked at him carefully and decided we weren't interested.

2) We looked at him carefully but decided we couldn't afford to spend that much without selling first. (Seriously? We can spend maybe 3 million on Hugill whose only skill is heading a ball, and we can't spend 4m on a player with a range of skills that we desperately need?)

3) We didn't look at him very carefully because our DoF is too busy climbing mountains and doesn't really care much as long as we keep paying his salary so that he can continue to climb mountains.

4) Smith didn't want him because he wasn't tall enough.

24 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Maybe Stuart Webber will go all-out for Callum O'Hare? He looks the nearest to an Emi replacement I've seen...

Lovely player but Hamer is more in the mould of Emi. They’d want near to £10m for O’Hare. 

Question is will Twine replace the gaps left by all Burnley’s outgoings? 
I suspect not, but if we are serious about getting promoted and Twine turns out to be a beast then it won’t harm us to play against him to replicate playing against better quality players. 

34 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

I suspect as a self-funding, parachute dependent club I suspect we need to materially reduce our wage bill and, therefore, we are priced out of league one players. Only new investment can change our business model.

Since we have a likely to be triggered obligation to make the Isaac Hayden signing permanent it seems we are not even priced out of buying experienced Premier League players.

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Since we have a likely to be triggered obligation to make the Isaac Hayden signing permanent it seems we are not even priced out of buying experienced Premier League players.

Shhh, facts don't help. Highland will ignore this. Alongside... 

38 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Or, we lose 3 of our back 4 on free's, potentially to Prem clubs. We then sell our goalkeeper to a prem team for around £10 million pounds. That's how Burney have managed it, not through investment.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Listening to the Pinkun boys they say Smith has made it clear the two biggest holes he wanted plugging was DM and an AM.

We got the DM. If we are looking for the AM and Twine wasn’t on our radar you’d have to ask why? 

Maybe we may end up with someone better come start of the season, we’ll have to wait and see.

However let’s not pretend one of our strongest rivals getting a talented player who fits our usual buying criteria and is exactly the type of player we are looking for isn’t on face value a bit of a blow.

It can both be true that it is a blow potentially but also that giving Webber stick and claiming he chose Burnley over us when there had been no indication we'd ever bid is a touch histrionic.

I do agree with your point though that we say we're after an AM and there is 22 year old, coming off a fantastic season available for a reasonable fee who wouldn't need to adjust to English football it begs the question why wouldn't we be interested. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

It can both be true that it is a blow potentially but also that giving Webber stick and claiming he chose Burnley over us when there had been no indication we'd ever bid is a touch histrionic.

I do agree with your point though that we say we're after an AM and there is 22 year old, coming off a fantastic season available for a reasonable fee who wouldn't need to adjust to English football it begs the question why wouldn't we be interested. 

Yea I wasn’t agreeing that Webber had f*cked up, I mean maybe he has, who knows on current evidence.

More pointing out the idea we wouldn’t be even interested in Twine would generate some pretty pointed questions that deserved answers at some point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

There's more chance of Emi Buendia coming back this transfer window than there is of Burnley being a fishing village. 😉

Come on, we all know Cambridge is an expert when it comes to fishing.

27 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Come on, we all know Cambridge is an expert when it comes to fishing.

I've known far too many be clueless at geography to be so confident there. Besides, I live in this neck of the woods.

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m very much in the fence on this one - there is a massive gulf between Champs and League 1.  There’s a lot more players who haven’t made the step up than those that have.

I am too, because Burnley desperately need players more than we do on paper.
image.png.27f583fd01475cc7881963575d6dddf3.png
That's 18 players. 9 of which are 30 or older. Last I looked Weghorst said he was off too, so that could be quickly reduced to 17 players.

It's also worth noting that some of the players they have sold or released will have released funds to spend. 

20 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I've known far too many be clueless at geography to be so confident there. Besides, I live in this neck of the woods.

It always amazes me when any football fan is clueless at Geography, if following football has made me an expert on anything its where places are and countries flags 😁