Canary Wundaboy

Tzolis to Bruges (loan to buy)

51 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Apologies as I haven't read the whole conversation between the two of you, but if I'm reading correctly is GB seriously calling George Best one of the greatest English players ever, and it's not some trolling??? 

Not according to him. Now he is claiming he did it all deliberately in an elaborate ruse to show me up as a big bad bully. 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Was simply playing the part they wanted me to be (Young, low IQ, naïve, Unable to dress etc.). 

If it provides them a warm fuzzy feeling of superiority, then brilliant - job done.  I don't wish to bring negativity to anyone's day.

Interesting to note how they took the bully stance in trying to ridicule me with baited questions in front of everyone else.

Is it a baited question if I call it a trap when I set it? 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

You weren't even born until a few years later, probably had to fact check me on google seeking someone else's opinion.  Go Millennials!!  YAY! 👏🤗

You mean like your extensive Wikipedia search on ‘who is George Best?’ 

How did that one work out for you Generation X? 😂

11 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

... and that's the problem, we need players who can deliver in the EPL, we have to develop in the Championship, we can't when we go up. 

Our only signing so far does have that experience in the EPL though.

And let's not forget the longterm players we brought in also now have a season under their belt, plus this championship rebuild phase.

If we hang on to players such as Rashica, Pukki, Sargent etc.  There's no reason to not be optimistic is there?

14 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Nope, i'm saying that Tzolis should've been utilised him in the games whereby we were already relegated, and we shouldn't let him go due to his physical structure and ability on the ball.

Someone claimed his ability on the ball was subjective and how they thought he was diabolic in some matches.

So I offered these graphics to show that statistically, despite the lack of minutes he's still produced an 'absolute' number of goals and assists that put him in the top 5 offensive players in our squad.

Now I've got you harping on about Peter Crouch and this Geoff Hurts **** for some reason. 

You openly admit to disliking Cantwell on a personal level, and seem to have an unhealthy obsession to knock down Christos too.  I don't get this mindset, you'll probably be telling us all how accepting you are in another thread.  Stop acting the idiot is my advice.

Just posting the first instance in our back and forth where someone insulted the other.

Guess what - it came from you calling me an idiot. 

Don’t let the truth get in the way of your sulk though. I’ll be dining out on the Geoff Hurst and George Best gaffes for a good while. 

God bless GB 😘

I think sending Tzolis out on loan is a good idea but don’t think it’s necessary to be with an option to buy yet. He only turned 20 in January and still has 4 years left on his contract with us, so I do believe that we can develop him to a higher value than we signed him for

Just some context on Tzolis transfer. Bournemouth signed Lloyd Kelly for 13 million when they were in the premiership. He made just a few starts that season. He has had some time in the championship and he is going back to the premiership as their captain and a much better player. This could be Tzolis (apart from captain), if we are patient.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I think sending Tzolis out on loan is a good idea but don’t think it’s necessary to be with an option to buy yet. He only turned 20 in January and still has 4 years left on his contract with us, so I do believe that we can develop him to a higher value than we signed him for

Yes, but teams like Brugge and Feyenoord are not going to loan an unproven young player with a high reputation in Europe but who has effectively lost a season of his development and is now probably seen as a risk unless they have the option to buy. Otherwise, they're taking all the risk and NCFC would get the benefit if things go well. This isn't a big PL club loaning out to a Championship side - in this case, the loaning club is in a weak position. 

Edited by canarybubbles

1 hour ago, hertfordyellow said:

Just some context on Tzolis transfer. Bournemouth signed Lloyd Kelly for 13 million when they were in the premiership. He made just a few starts that season. He has had some time in the championship and he is going back to the premiership as their captain and a much better player. This could be Tzolis (apart from captain), if we are patient.

Equally, they spent £15 million on Jordan Ibe. We are crucifying the club on getting Tzolis (potentially) very wrong, yet even for naturally smaller clubs than us these signings are a regular occurence. 

8 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I'm suprised they don't rate him. And I can't really judge him from what I've seen of him apart from tearing apart a 2nd string Bournemouth side. We must have scouted him for a while and had all the data to suggest there's a good player there. And the fact that we are happy to move him on doesn't bode well for the whole recruitment and scouting department.

We have had players who have underperformed in the premier league before and they shone in the championship, I wonder what it is that makes them happy to move him on.

There was a rumour going around he has refused to play in an u23s game which I personally think is BS as he was still making the bench for us.

Sometimes a transfer does not work out and it doesn't mean the player is not very good,Tzolis was really young to move to another country and perhaps he was unhappy.

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Equally, they spent £15 million on Jordan Ibe. We are crucifying the club on getting Tzolis (potentially) very wrong, yet even for naturally smaller clubs than us these signings are a regular occurence. 

That was a number of years ago too. 15 million is much more with inflation added

On 30/06/2022 at 20:36, hogesar said:

Yes, although I think with Sargent they at least knew what they were getting and at 21, his physicality and workrate stats alongside a few glimpses last season make me think he could be effective this season, and if he performs at championship level would still comparatively be quite a cheap signing.

Hope so, either that, or we end up with Placheta 2.0